Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works

Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 11:13am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 71,303

Seibertron does not endorse or condone these KO's, this post is purely informative.

Credit(s): Mach

Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244907)
Posted by OlivusPrime on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:27am CDT
Only my morals prevent me from getting these. Wildrider would be especially welcome in my collection (although ROTF Deluxe Deadend is still good).
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244914)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:35am CDT
I'll probably end up getting the KOs JUST to permanently pose inside the combined armor. Hmmmm.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244919)
Posted by ShardFenix on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:40am CDT
Wildrider looks fairly fantastic. If I can find a shaow scyther i would definitely pick up a KO
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244920)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:44am CDT
Anybody know which mold matches Shadow Scyther better?
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244926)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
Sweet! Now I'll finally be able to get closer to completing my Neo Stunticons without getting ass raped!

I think my SG Roddy will stay in Shadow Scyther armor though.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244928)
Posted by Stormrider on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:55am CDT
Are those pictures of the KOs?
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244929)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:56am CDT
So are the Wildrider/SG Rodimus figures seen in the image legit KOs? :???:
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244940)
Posted by El Duque on June 22nd, 2011 @ 12:16pm CDT
These are the KO's.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244948)
Posted by Stormrider on June 22nd, 2011 @ 12:22pm CDT
El Duque wrote:These are the KO's.

Crap. There goes the neighborhood.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244967)
Posted by Layri Cheetah on June 22nd, 2011 @ 12:42pm CDT
El Duque wrote:This will probably come as no surprise to most, but CHMS is planning on using the Classics Rodimus KO to produce KO versions of Henkei Wildrider and Shattered Glass Rodimus. Staff member Mach came across the image of the two seen below. You will want to be extra cautious if you're in the market for authentic versions of either of these guys in the future, especially loose figures.

Seibertron does not endorse or condone these KO's, this post is for purely informative.

Cool Black Rodimus! I want him in my TF-Knock-Off-Collection.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1244997)
Posted by robofreak on June 22nd, 2011 @ 1:11pm CDT
Well, this sucks.

I'm having a hard enough time budgeting for these 2 and now I have to fight the KO market for them.

I'm hoping Takara will fight back and announce and a Wildrider reprint. Exclusive or not, it would be a smart move on their part.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245063)
Posted by rpetras on June 22nd, 2011 @ 2:23pm CDT
Cool, I'll finally be able to get these guys. I don't care if they are KO's or not, I just want them for my evil-black-repaint display. :twisted:
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245066)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
El Duque wrote:These are the KO's.

Crap. There goes the neighborhood.

Meh, I have no use for them, but if I were to get them, I'd have to go for the Wildrider version, just to make an "unofficial" Classics Stunticon team. Please let them be like $20 bucks.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245070)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 22nd, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT
So in the wake of Henkei Rodimus RE-release there is no fact of a RE-release of these other 2 figs yes/no, just these KO's? Considering the decent QC with their seekers I hope these have the same quality considering that I might get them...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245119)
Posted by Scaleface on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:05pm CDT
robofreak wrote:Well, this sucks.

How does the presence of lower cost alternatives make it harder to buy them?

FYI - CHMS and KOToys have never released a toy that wasn't IDENTIFIABLE as a KO. They alwasy make it on the box and the toy has different details - ON PURPOSE. So it's not like you have to really worry someone will sell you a fake.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245122)
Posted by g60force on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:09pm CDT
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!

WHY?

this makes sure I don't have to customize my roddy for upcoming menasor..
although I will be using the original SE-Dragstrip.. original Wildrider prices are insane!
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245131)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
Wow two nice looking KOs but...I dont support KOs and I dont plan to support it now or ever...And plus I have no need for repaints.

PS : This can be both great and bad news. So stop saying stuff like "You're wrong this is great news !" or "Dammit this is bad news !"...
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245145)
Posted by LiKwid on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:54pm CDT
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245146)
Posted by Rated X on June 22nd, 2011 @ 4:54pm CDT
This news is so great I had to post during my overseas vacation !!!

Thank you Mike !!! You are god !!!

Sorry I wasted 100 bucks on a Henkei Rodimus at Botcon but it's all good...Im all over these !!!

And I must remind everyone that the words "official" or "exclusive" mean nothing in my collecting world. I am loyal to no particular brand. I collect the best and most affordable version of G1 characters. I am very happy for everyone who has been wanting these figures.
Re: Buyer Beware: KO Wildrider and SG Rodimus in the Works (1245228)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 22nd, 2011 @ 7:25pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:For those who are considering buying these, an alternitive website to purchase them from, located in the states is Acestoystore.com. They carry alot of CHMS stuff for KOtoys. I've bought from them and they run a great business. They ship fast and items come well packaged. Im not 100% sure they will carry this but they do carry alot of the KOLD and CHMS seekers.

I bought a few things from these guys at Botcon. They were awesome folks in person. I'd give them a shot online. I'm really finding it hard to not give in to the cheaper option for Wildrider. He'll probably be the first KO I keep in the collection unless the Gentai version gets silly cheap or Hasbro pumps one out.
:BOT:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage loose Deluxe 2007 incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge & Pesticons New" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen RotF Stalker Scorponok Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Prime Arms Micron Jet Vehicon Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix 3-Pack Hotlink Heartburn Heatstroke" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage Deluxe 2007 w/ Swords Great Condition " on EBAY