CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel

CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 6:34am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 31,819

On and off again pictures of Hercules had him sporting a purple mixing barrel. This was a disappointment to some fans when the final product had a green barrel. Crazy Devy has changed that. The newest set for ole Herc gives him the purple barrel that many requested. This should make many happy.

Site sponsor TFSource has them available for preorder.

Credit(s): Crazy Devy

This article was last modified on Tuesday, February 28th, 2012 6:40am CST

Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352854)
Posted by Heckfire on February 28th, 2012 @ 6:52am CST
Third party products for third party products...it's like "Inception."
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352865)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 28th, 2012 @ 7:54am CST
Normally I rag on Crazy Devy's al-la-carte style and high price point, but this is a single piece I could see worth $30. I personally don't mind the green, but it would make a nice option to go with TFC's set.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352869)
Posted by acchillyaout on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:09am CST
Not Interested at all. Easy Pass. I am just fine with my PCC Devestator.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352870)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:12am CST
Can we stop acting surprised about this 3rd party products for 3rd party products scenario? It's nothing new and it's not that big a deal.

On topic: I was initially disappointed that Mad Blender had a green drum (thought it'd all look a bit bland) but having it in hand I actually really like it, so I'll pass on this.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352872)
Posted by joesaysso on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:14am CST
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352887)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:50am CST
I think I'll bite. The only thing better than having a $600 toy is having a $615 toy!

As much as people dislike them, I actually do kinda like the 3rd party add-ons for 3rd party sets.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352893)
Posted by Rated X on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:56am CST
Sold !!! Both the barrel and the G1 head. And the TCC add on set as well. In in 600 deep, another 100 aint gonna make or break me.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352914)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 28th, 2012 @ 9:25am CST
joesaysso wrote:What am I missing here? The crazy devy website has $14.95 while the tfsource pre-order is almost double. For nearly $30 plus shipping, I'd rather just paint the mixing barrel myself.

igear is cheaper through their private store too. Granted, not to that extreme.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352930)
Posted by necr0blivion on February 28th, 2012 @ 9:54am CST

Usually BBTS and TFSource prices include the $9 shipping incurred by Crazy Devy to the cost of the figures, or at least it looks to be that way. So, you can actually order from CD and have it shipped for $23.95, or group order with some friends to bring the price down ($9 shipping 1st piece + $4/each additional piece).

I'm on the fence about getting this piece. While I think the purple barrel helps break up the monotony of green, I'm already wallet-exhausted from completion of this and knowing that 007 upgrade set is coming out.

Also, description from CD is "toy accurate purple cement mixing barrel". It may not have the same features that the original barrel has, breaking off into several weapon upgrades. The picture shown has a visible vertical crease, but no horizontal ones. So I think this may just be a barrel and nothing else. Am I the only one who would be disappointed in this?
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352934)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:00am CST
necr0blivion wrote:

It's pretty heavily shadowed. I think there's a horizontal line in there.

It's probably just new "skin" for the berrel. It' be much more cheaper to make and more in line with what CD does.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352943)
Posted by rpetras on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:17am CST
Want a purple barrel :D

Don't want to support Crazy Devy :-(

I'm kind of hoping someone comes out with a purple barrel that can also remain on in bot mode. THAT would be an instant sell for me :x
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352949)
Posted by Mkall on February 28th, 2012 @ 10:31am CST
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1352964)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 28th, 2012 @ 11:03am CST
Mkall wrote:I'll probably get this. I hope they do a green or purple dozer blade for Neckbreaker too.

Isn't that rivited in?
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1353159)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2012 @ 7:05pm CST
Alright, CrazyDevy .... I'll play your game, you rogue. Put me down for one cement mixer.

But that head ... nice try, my friend, but you'll need better bait than that to catch this fish.

Edit: as for the shovel, I think Reprolabels will do the trick. After all, it's only a problem in robot mode ... stickers seem like the best, cheapest, option to cover up that black with some purple. It's even mostly flat.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1353179)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 28th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CST
Well... it's purple. So, what?
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1353202)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 28th, 2012 @ 8:39pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Well... it's purple. So, what?

Are you blind!? Can you not see how purple it is!? :lol:
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1353263)
Posted by puttster3 on February 28th, 2012 @ 11:34pm CST
rpetras wrote:Want a purple barrel :D

Don't want to support Crazy Devy :-(

I actually found a way to keep the barrel on in bot mode. Its not a tight fit, but its good enough to stay put if your wanting him to stand there and posed even. Just turn over the black thing that attaches to the barrels rifle, stick that end in like you would in his other forms with the purple top piece off, then attach the purple top piece. Doing the purple thing last makes sure theres enough room.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1353269)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 28th, 2012 @ 11:56pm CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Well... it's purple. So, what?

Are you blind!? Can you not see how purple it is!? :lol:

Yes, it is blindingly purple. It's just... unnecessary for the figure.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1353293)
Posted by robofreak on February 29th, 2012 @ 2:33am CST
No! I demand this 3rd partying the 3rd party to stop.

CrazyDevy, you have yet to receive any of my money and I intend to keep it that way.

TFC-007 is fine and I will end with Hercules there.

There really is no reason to have a purple barrel upgrade. If you want one that badly, a $5 can of Tamiya spray paint will take care of that real quick.
Re: CDMW-29 The Hercules Power Parts Purple Mixing Barrel (1353318)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 29th, 2012 @ 5:28am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Well... it's purple. So, what?

Are you blind!? Can you not see how purple it is!? :lol:

:lol:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot incomplete G1 Generations Optimus Megatron McDonalds Armada RID" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BLIZZARD STRIKE SWELTER, Mini-Con 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RiD 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster Arm Claw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Minicon Drift Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Micron Arms SHOCKWAVE Misb New Deluxe Am-29 Rid Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015 Crash Optimus Prime Strongarm Combiner Force PrimeStrong" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY