CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset?

CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset?

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 1:57pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,070

It looks like CrazyDevy may have an answer to Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Devastator upgrade set. They've just updated their website with the following:

CDMW-01, 02, 05, 08, 09, 24 & 25

That's all the individual Devastator sets plus the Omega Supreme upgrade. No word on pricing or release date as of yet.

Credit(s): CrazyDevy

This article was last modified on Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 10:59pm CDT

Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292379)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 22nd, 2011 @ 2:04pm CDT
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292401)
Posted by Joetx on September 22nd, 2011 @ 2:49pm CDT
What episode is that pic from?
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292403)
Posted by LastBloom on September 22nd, 2011 @ 2:56pm CDT
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset (1292401)
Posted by Joetx on September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:49pm EDT
What episode is that pic from?

If memory serves me correctly that pic is from The Secret of Omega Supreme
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292405)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:00pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:After buying all the sets... this combo pack makes me really sad/cranky/miffed. If it's significantly cheaper, I might be sulking for weeks.

:shock: Holy crap do I feel you gothsaurus!! I'm still waiting on my Mixmaster Barrel part that is still on pre-order from TFSource. And if this turns out to be cheaper then gundam-it.... :BOOM: :VEHI:
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292407)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:12pm CDT
guess im gonna be the first to say "It's about time". anyway i have all but the upcoming devy set so i dont need to get this pack
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292408)
Posted by necr0blivion on September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:14pm CDT
Boxset, hell yeah!

I'm not going to discuss any possibility of a price difference, but it would be nice to get a decent discount for getting all parts at once besides the tied-in discount of shipping one vs 7 different sets individually.

Gothsaurus, I would be miffed too (I'm working through the Predaking upgrades currently). However, liken it to the "early adopter" syndrome for technology - 2008 I paid $750 for a 32" HD tv that's only 720p, today I can get that for half the price. But it's hard to not think that someone is living the Tony Montana lifestyle just because some toy enthusiasts wanted to make the figures better.

I also think it's worthwhile to produce the set AFTER the release of the reissue Devastator - make sure colors match and that pieces fit CORRECTLY (reissue Predaking seems to suffer from the upgrades when original might not).
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292418)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT
oooh. I wonder if these are retooled to fit the reissue Devastator (????)

I guess the real thing that makes me frustrated is the lack of communication. The fans don't know if a complete set is coming... or how many pieces make the complete Devy... a finished price... or what he even looks like assembled.

With individual piece shipping at $9, I'm guessing that alone would save a good $50+. #-o

But yeah. That aside, the parts still have been TOP notch quality, great design, flawless color match (the competition set doesn't match in its green color), and the order process, packing, and business correspondence have all been very professional. :APPLAUSE:

Supposing I have to shrug off the price/being left a bit in the dark... and take solace in the fact that I do have a great looking Devastator. ??? >:oP
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292419)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292436)
Posted by necr0blivion on September 22nd, 2011 @ 4:19pm CDT
headsortails wrote:I'll bet it will be as pricey as buying them individually. If not, then i'm glad I waited....

Not sure if I was clear about this before, but here goes:

I would like the contents of the boxed set to be consistent. CD has released different color versions of their pieces throughout this time (new versions have silver), so depending on when someone started purchasing these or found them, they may not all be uniform.

My other concern which I was clear about was compatibility, especially with the reissue coming out. I'd rather they wait until this is released, then test fit each piece and make sure that colors match.

A drop in price would be great, but I don't think I would count on it.
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292466)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 22nd, 2011 @ 5:16pm CDT
Since I bought all of the Devy items throughout I'll be really annoyed if a box set turns out to be cheaper.

On the bright side it looks like they're FINALLY done with these two guys. I don't think I'll buy another CD product. You just never know how many YEARS it'll be until they're done.
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292474)
Posted by jets on September 22nd, 2011 @ 5:38pm CDT
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292484)
Posted by Joetx on September 22nd, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
LastBloom wrote:Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset (1292401)
Posted by Joetx on September 22nd, 2011 @ 3:49pm EDT
What episode is that pic from?

If memory serves me correctly that pic is from The Secret of Omega Supreme

Thanks!
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292497)
Posted by necr0blivion on September 22nd, 2011 @ 6:08pm CDT
jets wrote:For all who wonder if the parts will fit the reissue...it's the same mold and it will fit.

So the 2010 reissue of Predaking was not the same mold as the previous release? Because it seems the foot plate upgrades for Predaking do not damage the original version, but the 2010 version will strip part of Headstrong.

If you've just spend money to get one of these figures in addition to upgrade pieces, I think it's worth knowing this type of information before purchasing. Hell, I'd rather CD hold off selling until this could be confirmed, to avoid a costly mistake (for us consumers, not necessarily them).
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292499)
Posted by rpetras on September 22nd, 2011 @ 6:11pm CDT
My suspicion is they will price themselves out of their own market.

But I'd be pleasantly surprised to be wrong.

>:oP
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292501)
Posted by JERRYUS PRIME on September 22nd, 2011 @ 6:21pm CDT
lets just hope crazy devy starts making box sets of there up grades seem only fair and a better way to go..i just hope they start making more SUPERION up grades hands, feet, or leg fillers for silverbolt would be grade...
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292573)
Posted by joevill on September 22nd, 2011 @ 9:35pm CDT

I was thinking the same thing! :KREMZEEK:
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292579)
Posted by jets on September 22nd, 2011 @ 9:49pm CDT
joevill wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! :KREMZEEK:

I wanted to buy most of them dev parts and realized it would have cost over $200. Eff that man. :ic$:
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292580)
Posted by jets on September 22nd, 2011 @ 9:50pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:

News to me man.
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292609)
Posted by Rated X on September 22nd, 2011 @ 10:53pm CDT
What if you have a Devastator but not an Omega Supreme ??? Theres always a stupid catch. This is a last ditch effort by crazydevy to stay afloat with TFCC Devastator coming out.
Re: CrazyDevy Devastator and Omega Supreme Upgrade Boxset? (1292724)
Posted by alternator77 on September 23rd, 2011 @ 8:05am CDT
i preordered the devastator reissue and have no intention of adding anything to him. as hes just fine as he is to me. but if they offer it at a decent price they will make alot of people who are interested really happy (if the price is right)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot incomplete G1 Generations Optimus Megatron McDonalds Armada RID" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BLIZZARD STRIKE SWELTER, Mini-Con 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RiD 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster Arm Claw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Minicon Drift Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Micron Arms SHOCKWAVE Misb New Deluxe Am-29 Rid Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015 Crash Optimus Prime Strongarm Combiner Force PrimeStrong" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY