Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series

Transformers News: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series

Tuesday, December 26th, 2017 4:29AM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,985

Thanks to Hasbro Studios, we also have some new details on the other animated series that will accompany Rescue Bots Academy in the year 2018 - Transformers: Cyberverse. Also produced by Hasbro and Boulder Media, the series will see 18 episodes of 11 minutes each (similar to Machinima's current format for Titans Return), and will be aimed at 6 to 11 year old audiences.

We will share more information as soon as it's made available, but for now take a look at the full synopsis below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

“Bumblebee is on a critical mission where lives are at stake! Only, he can’t remember what it is? It’s a good thing his best friend Windblade has found him to help repair his damaged memory chips. With each recovered memory, Bumblebee rediscovers his past adventures on Cybertron before coming to Earth. He relives fun moments when he played Cybertronian sports with his friends, and even tragic ones that would change his life. His past will shape him into becoming the hero we know today. As each memory is repaired, another clue comes to light that will lead them both to complete their shared mission to save their friends and Earth… however, the Decepticons are hot on their heels and time is running out.”

Credit(s): Hasbro Studios
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928173)
Posted by Deadput on December 26th, 2017 @ 4:43am CST
18 episodes that are only 11 minutes each?

Gonna not be that easy to tell a big story in short amount of time.

Unless this show is a smaller scale show...yay.

I just hope some interesting characters show up both con and bot.
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928174)
Posted by Deadput on December 26th, 2017 @ 4:45am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Path Finder wrote:I wonder, if we will see Starscream (and maybe his Seeker brothers) too...

I think we will. This show borrows from the Evergreen designs and we know there is a starscream one.

Yeah but we did not get those two in the last couple shows with Starscream in it so I'm not sure about that.
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928176)
Posted by Randomhero on December 26th, 2017 @ 5:38am CST
Deadput wrote:18 episodes that are only 11 minutes each?

Gonna not be that easy to tell a big story in short amount of time.

-cough rooster teeth cough- -cough redvsblue cough-
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928178)
Posted by Burn on December 26th, 2017 @ 5:57am CST
Deadput wrote:18 episodes that are only 11 minutes each?

Gonna not be that easy to tell a big story in short amount of time.

Warner Bros were able to tell plenty of story with their Looney Tunes shorts. Given that these are slightly longer I would imagine that each one will be self-contained focusing on one recovered memory each episode with the start and ends bridging the episodes together. The format doesn't sound too bad.

The premise of the story though sounds like utter bollocks.
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928184)
Posted by Deadput on December 26th, 2017 @ 8:20am CST
Burn wrote:
Deadput wrote:18 episodes that are only 11 minutes each?

Gonna not be that easy to tell a big story in short amount of time.

The premise of the story though sounds like utter bollocks.

Your right, made this comment while I was tired and was thinking of those damn Machinima shows and Spongebob.

Hopefully there is less filler and padding during the episodes themselves and more actual story, but I agree that I'm not excited for the show based off the one picture with old characters and a vague plot description I'm way more excited for the Rescue Bots show.

Also pardon my language but that Windlbade design is absolute shit, I like Windblade but this is just a metal person with metal wings glued on their back how does she Transform? Like there is no kibble besides the wings and it's really noticeable beside the Bumblebee design, she's got a friggen shirt collar man.
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928193)
Posted by o.supreme on December 26th, 2017 @ 10:07am CST
wow...that really sucks. I mean I know CN is really pushing the 11 minute thing because kids don't have long attention spans anymore, and because Teen Titans Go! (The worst damn show ever made...)makes up 50% (no joke) of their airtime....

I mean, it works on some levels. Justice League Action is fun, but I just consider that as *Super Friends* for the 21st century (which in itself had short format episodes as well, even in the 80's), and is not something I'm heavily vested in

But if say the new Young Justice came back as 11 minute format, or the new Voltron Legendary Defender on Netflix was 11 minute format... making this more a standard than the exception, then my opinion of the animation industry as a whole (something I have enjoyed most of my entire life), would go from a current downhill run, to being nearly unwatchable, which I find to be sad......
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928216)
Posted by Nexus Knight on December 26th, 2017 @ 11:19am CST
This news is... a little disappointing, especially with how Titans Return has been faring. However, as an optimistic individual, I maintain that this could work. If one takes into account that each episode will take 11 minutes, with maybe a minute in total for credits, that would still give around three hours of story for the first chapter. So, the time it takes to watch a long movie. As the cartoons for kids hasn't been too disappointing thus far (RiD, while not terrible IMO, doesn't come close to Prime), I think we can expect the show to be alright at least.
Re: Details and Synopsis for Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series (1928269)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 26th, 2017 @ 2:24pm CST
This show better have a good story because that art is just atrocious. Like I will admit that I don't care for RiD's art but this is just hard to look at. Bumblebee looks like he has go no soul with those eyes. Windblade looks very ... odd to say the least. (I can't share what I think she resembles without sounding very crass so I am just gonna leave it there.)

I'm hoping improvements are made to make these bots look less soul-less before it's release.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 61%
You save: 34%
You save: 28%
You save: 27%
You save: 22%
Buy "Playskool Mr. Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Starscream Robot, 2-Inch" on AMAZON
You save: 20%