FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed

FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 3:53pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 48,527

It was bound to happen eventually. Even Third Parties must repaint or remold their creations. But when it comes to FansProject, I guess we could say - any repaint or remold is acceptable with open arms. We have yet to receive Protector, but now FansProject has surprisingly revealed their varient for it - Shadow Scyther, which would seemingly work well with both Gentai Wildrider or Shattered Glass Rodimus. Check out the sketch below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers toy news on the net!

Credit(s): FansProject, LiKwid

This article was last modified on Saturday, September 4th, 2010 12:19pm CDT

Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121079)
Posted by dumbprime on September 3rd, 2010 @ 4:00pm CDT
This also looks to be the first image of the large wings (or fins) for the back of Protector or Shadow Scyther.
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121080)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 3rd, 2010 @ 4:01pm CDT
...A TF/Pokemon crossover?!?

No? Ah well, scythes are just as cool as TF mantises. Or is it a TF/Gundam Wing crossover...
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121081)
Posted by Frostic_Prime on September 3rd, 2010 @ 4:01pm CDT
Yeah, my guess is that it's for Wildrider. Either way, if it's for Rodimus, Wildrider, or SG Rodimus, I'm buying it.
What we really need is a crystal armor set for the Sons Of Cybertron Rodimus set.
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121083)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on September 3rd, 2010 @ 4:06pm CDT
OMG that looks completely BADASS! This is a definite buy. =P~ =P~ :grin: Oooooo this set will be for my Crystal Rodimus and the Protector for my Classics Rodimus. That is if I cannot get my hands on a Shattered Glass Rodimus.
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121086)
Posted by Mkall on September 3rd, 2010 @ 4:08pm CDT
SG Rodimus on ebay just jumped in price from "are you kidding?" to "HOLY #&^%!"

Glad I got mine.
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121088)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on September 3rd, 2010 @ 4:12pm CDT
AHHHHH LUCKY!!! x( They had Shattered Glass Rodimus, Jazz, and Blurr on auction and it went for $230 i think, i had to stop at $180 x( :sad:
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121093)
Posted by Convotron on September 3rd, 2010 @ 4:25pm CDT
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121107)
Posted by Mkall on September 3rd, 2010 @ 5:16pm CDT
Convotron wrote:Hopefully this isn't the final design for the scythe accessory as it looks kind of silly with the Chiclets for what I'm assuming are supposed to be serrated teeth on the blade.

Well, there's only so much we can do with plastic
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121108)
Posted by LiKwid on September 3rd, 2010 @ 5:16pm CDT
Mkall wrote:SG Rodimus on ebay just jumped in price from "are you kidding?" to "HOLY #&^%!"

Glad I got mine.

I posted the same thing on their facebook.. I mean that thing was already ridculous now it's gonna be redunkulous...

Hey Mkall any chance of a trade? :P :APPLAUSE:
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121147)
Posted by Mkall on September 3rd, 2010 @ 7:27pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:Hey Mkall any chance of a trade? :P :APPLAUSE:

Sure, I'll take payment in body limbs... but unless you got 3 arms and 3 legs, I don't think I can do it.
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121148)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on September 3rd, 2010 @ 7:30pm CDT
Yeah, there goes my thoughts of selling all of my Shattered Glass set. Keeping them now. I bet he'll look awesome with Shadow Commander.
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121150)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on September 3rd, 2010 @ 7:44pm CDT
My god that scythe is soooo cool....

Do we know if that scythe will be a part of the regular Protector set? Seems like it would be considering the size, but then again there's the pink sword for shadow commander...
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121152)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 3rd, 2010 @ 7:48pm CDT
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121156)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 3rd, 2010 @ 8:02pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:An expencive set for expencive exclucive TFs. The whole thing's powered by unobtanium for me!

Me too
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121165)
Posted by Mkall on September 3rd, 2010 @ 8:20pm CDT
Samurai Bludgeon wrote:My god that scythe is soooo cool....

I suspect the scythe will be unique to this guy. He is called Scyther for a reason ya know ;)
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121174)
Posted by UltraPrimal on September 3rd, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
Hmm...why did I imagine this guy in black?
:P
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121213)
Posted by LiKwid on September 3rd, 2010 @ 10:39pm CDT

I agree 100000%... How many people actually have a Sg rodimus/wildrider? Not that many..To make a upgrade set for it alone seems a tad bit foolish..I mean a Sg roddy is already fetching 3-4 bills alone..With a upgrade kit? were talkin close to doubling that..maybe even more..That's insanity...
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121229)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 4th, 2010 @ 12:09am CDT
I really hope this'll be SG rodimus colors. How an SG Autobot would "rise" though, I dunno. Don't they all believe the lore is false? Interesting despite that. I'd be all over it.
:BOT:
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121243)
Posted by Forgotten on September 4th, 2010 @ 1:03am CDT
Sadly i'm not in a position where I can sell my house or my kidney, so I won't be getting this guy. :sad: sucks because I collect pretty much anything "reaper-esque" since the motorcycle club I belonged to had a reaper for our flag, and I tattooed it on me. ;)
Re: FansProject Shadow Scyther Revealed (1121279)
Posted by Convotron on September 4th, 2010 @ 5:19am CDT
Mkall wrote:

Well, there's only so much we can do with plastic

Considering what FP has done previously with sculpting plastic, I think they could have done much better with the scythe design. The sword for Shadow Commander looks fine to me and it's by no means an elaborately sculpted accessory.

Simply choosing a less blocky shape for those "teeth" on the blade would significantly improve the look of the scythe to me. I'm not expecting a sharp edge or pointy tip or anything of the sort for the scythe blade, just something that doesn't look like it was made with extreme child safety laws in mind.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Retro Reissue G1 Headmasters Highbrow (F1024)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro F1027 Transformers Generations Retro Headmaster Skullcruncher Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ReAction Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WRECK-GAR....COMPLETE!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class GRAX & Skullsmasher Headmaster" on EBAY