Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 10:19am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,767

With the Siege on Cybertron set being shipped out across the US this week, there has been one big question: How does Magnus Prime look like combined with God Bomber? Magnus Prime from the Siege set is the very same toy as Takara's Legends Super Ginrai with different paint applications. So Takara's Legends God Bomber works with him for sure, but does the change in deco change anything? Does it still look good? Do the greys match?

Well, the images found below, taken by yous truly, should help. You will see him in both natual light and indoor lighting. I can attest that the grey plastic on God Bomber's chest appears to same to me as the grey plastic on Magnus Prime's thighs. Magnus prime's grey plastic for the trailer is far more grey/silver than the plastic found on Hasbro's Leader Power Master Optimus Prime which is more tan. This works well with the silver/grey paint founs on the boots formed from God Bomber. Hopefully this answers a few questions.

Transformers News: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans ReturnMagnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends Godbomber

The combiner ports arent tucked in since doing so results in the red pieces forcing the trailer panels to become undone.

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 3:05pm CDT

Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905977)
Posted by Albatross250 on August 23rd, 2017 @ 11:06am CDT
Magnus Prime has Differences with LG Ginrai.....
Color Scheme
some fixed Adjustments (including the Combiner Wars Peg too.)
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905981)
Posted by o.supreme on August 23rd, 2017 @ 11:17am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:Magnus Prime has Differences with LG Ginrai....(including the Combiner Wars Peg too.)

Legends Ginrai has a CW Peg??
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905982)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2017 @ 11:19am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Legends Ginrai has a CW Peg??

No, just God Bomber
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905985)
Posted by o.supreme on August 23rd, 2017 @ 11:23am CDT
^Yeah I knew that, that's part of the reason I'm getting God Bomber, but his comment made it sound like Legends Ginrai had one as well.
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905988)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2017 @ 11:37am CDT

That being said my Magnus Prime is jacked up! His neck connector is busted up so instead of a neck it looks like a collar and his feet are just crud! I got him out and the pin that goes through his left foot was drilled through the plastic missing the hole completely. I have the worst luck because that how's my TFCC jet vehicle came too. Luckily it's not noticeable for display but when you take him down and mess with him his left foot is all kinds of screwed up. Figuratively and literally
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905989)
Posted by Flashwave on August 23rd, 2017 @ 11:55am CDT
Aw hell. You mean I coulda gotten newsed for playing eoth this for almost a day and a half? ;)

Those CW Pefs absolutely do tuck in. It takes some finagling, but even if you only roll them partially, they make a beter heel spur than hust hanging oyt there like a limp fish.

Those leg trailerside panels are really loose fitting though
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905993)
Posted by kurthy on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:My Magnus Prime is now used for God Bomber. I really wanted my Ginrai to be solo so they could stand next to each other.

Isn't BBTS usually pretty good about replacements for that? All you need to do is reply to your confirmation email with pics of the factory defects.

I was lucky, all my Magnus prime joints are significantly tighter than LG ginrai, so it's much easier to stand him! :DANCE:
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905994)
Posted by optimusprime58316 on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:40pm CDT
Reminds me of Omega Prime from 2001 Robots in Disguise. I still have my Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus that combines to form Omega Prime. I lost the missiles for both figures tho.
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905995)
Posted by Evil Eye on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:40pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Legends Arcee

terrible design

You got some explainin' to do, girl. :-x

:-P
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905996)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:43pm CDT
kurthy wrote:

The set is sold out and it's not like it effects him wearing god bomber like I have it. Honestly since I have Ginrai Magnus Prime was just a bonus figure in the set for me. I wanted everyone but him. The crowning gem in the siege set was Tidal Wave for me. Close second was of course pounce to complete the clones but Tidal wave is wonderful.
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1905998)
Posted by o.supreme on August 23rd, 2017 @ 12:51pm CDT
optimusprime58316 wrote:Reminds me of Omega Prime from 2001 Robots in Disguise. I still have my Robots in Disguise and Ultra Magnus that combines to form Omega Prime. I lost the missiles for both figures tho.

Well yeah...originally in 1988 the toys Super Ginrai (PM Prime), and God Bomber combined to make God Ginrai...

Car Robots I think was at least partially inspired in 2000 when Fire Convoy and God Magnus (using parts of names from both God Bomber and Ultra Magnus), would combine to form God Fire Convoy (aka Omega Prime in the US RiD dub...)

I loved having the Omega Prime toy for the time that I had it. I remember it was a bit complicated though. Once I got them together I don't think I ever separated them LOL!
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906001)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 23rd, 2017 @ 1:21pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:As of this morning they are both in Sacramento and expected to be delivered on Friday (why it would take an extra 2 days to go 20 miles is anybody's guess...)....

At least part of the delay is because FedEx transfers to the local post office for final delivery. Mine is also sitting within 5 miles of my house, but still in FedEx's hands, so it will transfer to the USPS tonight and they will deliver tomorrow.
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906010)
Posted by Rysquad on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:09pm CDT
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906011)
Posted by Rysquad on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:12pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Would love to see a Power of the Primes Optimus Prime/Ultra Magnus "evolve" to Omega Prime set.
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906013)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:23pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:The more I see of "Magnus" Prime, the more I'm disappointed that there isn't much (or any) Ultra Magnus to him.
He's got a blue Speedo, at least. :P
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906016)
Posted by bvzxa on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:31pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

I would too, but given how they try to simplify everything for these new age kids, I doubt we would ever see them release it again. Those toys used higher quality plastics back then as well as rubber tires...even Takara cancelled the re-release of Fire Convoy a while back though it was planned.

I owned like 3 different versions of Fire Convoy/Optimus, and the Hasbro Release of Ultra Magnus and I loved them. I had the Sams Club yellow one, the first release Takara and the first release of the Hasbro one at the same time. My Sams Club version was factory defective with uneven plastic and some parts not fitting. It sucked because my friend bought one for me and him and when we went to open mine it was messed up. Hasbro offered to replace it but it would have not been the original toy, and his was messed up in the same way, just in different areas. Sadly when we took them back to Sams Club all were gone, and they never restocked. He got a refund for both and we were bummed out.

I love the combination of "Titty" Prime but the combo is very top heavy. It not because of the joints but you basically have the brunt of Ultra Magnus front cab sitting almost on top of core Optimus. There were plenty of times I would come home and he was on the floor. Thank god for carpet lol.
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906019)
Posted by Kurona on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:33pm CDT
So in combined mode, does this make him God Magnus? :lol:
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906021)
Posted by RAR on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906026)
Posted by bvzxa on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:52pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Looks like maybe just a couple of cancellations that went back up. They currently only have collector grade packaging which is an extra 8 dollars

I have PC-16 Ginrai, and I have God Ginrai, I need to get God Bomber and PC-15 for the Godmaster and I will be set
Re: First Images of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime Combined with Takara Legends God Bomber (1906027)
Posted by Rysquad on August 23rd, 2017 @ 2:57pm CDT
RAR wrote:I noticed that the Optimus / Orion Pax two pack is really cheap on Amazon in case anyone forgot about it.

$30, looks like Amazon has a healthy stock for a few weeks now.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "The Transformers G1 Poster Soundwave VS Blaster Art Print Rare Tim Doyle mondo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TENTAKIL TT-GS08 Piranacon Seacons in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects OVERBITE TT-GS07 Piranacon Seacons in USA G1" on EBAY