First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt

First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 4:43pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,325

Optimus Prime gives us a first look at the head sculpt for G1Uppers upcoming BotCon 2011 Animated Stunticons "Menace" combiner upgrade in the video embedded below. As you can see the designers took Derrick J. Wyatt's concept to heart.

According to the G1Uppers website the combining aspect of this project has never been an issue, they are working on capturing the Animated "essence".

Credit(s): G1Uppers, jON3.0

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 4:55pm CDT

Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1273905)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 9th, 2011 @ 6:01pm CDT
So glad they went with Derrick's design, it will fit in much nicer with the rest of my Animated collection. Literally can't wait to see the full prototype!!!
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1273915)
Posted by GetRightRobot on August 9th, 2011 @ 6:29pm CDT
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1273919)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 9th, 2011 @ 6:43pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:I'm starting to wonder IF there is a prototype. Could it be that G1Uppers made this announcement simply to discourage anyone else from making this obvious seller? I want to see some combined mode pics bad. I've already worked out a custom concept, which is why I'm surprised no evidence other than a recently unveiled head that was probably just as recently designed based on Mr. Wyatt's artwork. Come one G1Uppers, don't be one of those 3rd party companies!

according to their website, they should have a prototype in October.
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1273938)
Posted by enclinedesigns on August 9th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CDT

Their blog explains all of this. The fact that they are looking to have a prototype out by October is a pretty good indication a physical prototype is not ready.
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1273952)
Posted by GetRightRobot on August 9th, 2011 @ 8:06pm CDT
enclinedesigns wrote: You should understand how long something can take to get right. These guys are not just combining five figures for the sake of combining them, but they are designing a whole new character to add to an existing world. I will tell you this, these guy are not going to rush out a piece of crap.

I suppose you are right. I've experienced first hand how a CAD file that appears perfect does not work in the real world (ex: i forgot to take into consideration tolerance/clearance, a 1/4" peg does not actually fit a 1/4" hole). I understand the complexity involved when designing product, but programs like Solidworks expedite so much of the troubleshooting and mold layout automatically, I figured by now we would see more development. I guess I'm more excited about this kit than other current 3rd party project for the same reason some other collectors are. I've invested good money in the Botcon set (I unfortunately couldn't make it this year and so had to purchase mine from ebay, ouch) in hopes that someone would produce this upgrade.

Off subject, did you ever get my response to your email Encline?
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1273957)
Posted by enclinedesigns on August 9th, 2011 @ 8:13pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:

Off subject, did you ever get my response to your email Encline?

Man, I am glad you knew I was not trying to come off as a douche...haha...but yeah, I know EVERYONE with this set is excited. These guys were at Botcon this year... and I hear they have something big planned for next year! They are just as excited as we are to have this set done, and done right. As you and I know, putting out one off customs is one thing, but mass producing a product is a whole other monster. It is no secret this set will take time, as it has to look like ANIMATED, be huge, and meet the expectations of everyone watching and evolved......and from what I have seen and heard, it will be AWESOME when done.

And no, I did't get the response... well, I don't think.. OFF TO YOUTUBE!
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1273999)
Posted by UltraPrimal on August 9th, 2011 @ 9:52pm CDT
I'm glad G1Uppers is looking to capture the ascetic of Animated and not just slap an Animated head on a big robot skeleton and have the Stunticons slot into it. He should put the Menace in Menasor. Remember, this a voyager and 4 deluxes combining! This guy should be massive! Like Fort Max size!

I have nothing but high expectations from these guys. Aren't they the ones doing the RTS G2 Optimus upgrade too? Man, I want that thing so bad... Especially the inevitable Scourge repaint. ;)^
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1274008)
Posted by GetRightRobot on August 9th, 2011 @ 10:08pm CDT
enclinedesigns wrote: Man, I am glad you knew I was not trying to come off as a douche...haha...but yeah, I know EVERYONE with this set is excited......

D-Bag free comment! :lol: It is easy to overlook the care required to produce a kit that will combine 5 expensive figures without damage. I don't think anyone(designer or customer) want to experience the CrazyDevy Predaking wing fiasco! :lol: Sorry, perhaps nothing to laugh at...
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1274013)
Posted by robofreak on August 9th, 2011 @ 10:25pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:

It's a well known fact that no one want to drop $60 on something only to have it destroy a $250 figure.

Another reason why I don't support CrazyDevy.

I hope the combined mode doesn't look fat. I want something fairly slim.
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1274016)
Posted by Grimlock1979 on August 9th, 2011 @ 10:30pm CDT
Me Grimlock say:
Very nice Voice in the Prime Review Video! Sounds like Peter Cullen. Me Grimlock love that! :APPLAUSE:

But Grimlock is also angry now when he must see, what they do with these Animated Stunticons, that he missed to order a collection of them at right time. They would be the first Animated Combiners? O'rly! It makes Grimlock very horny for more Animated Toys! =P~

But me Grimlock is much more hornier on the Hercules Combiner from TFC Custom Toys. Me want that Stuff! But Swoop isn't back now with the parcel. Me Grimlock Leader of the Dinobots want success! NOW! :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Look at G1Uppers "Menace" Head Sculpt (1274025)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 9th, 2011 @ 10:48pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:Aren't they the ones doing the RTS G2 Optimus upgrade too? Man, I want that thing so bad... Especially the inevitable Scourge repaint. ;)^

Actually that is Maketoys with the RTS G2 Optimus Prime upgrade.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Whirl 100% Complete with accessories" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mixable Mashable Optimus Prime Transformers - COMPLETE NO BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee complete AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Bumblebee Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY