This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 7:02AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 39,080

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

To round off our batch of new official images from Hasbro - and Takara Tomy, for that matter - and asa supplement to our previous posts on this topic (as seen here and here) you can now also browse our New York Toy Fair 2018 gallery for the Transformers Studio Series movie toyline, with its new offerings of previously released characters since 2007!

The images below include the three different sized classes we saw at both Toy Fair and Wonderfest, Deluxe, Voyager and Leader, and include:

  • Deluxe Bumblebee, Crowbar, Jazz, Lockdown, Ratchet, Stinger
  • Voyager Megatron, Brawl, Optimus Prime, Starscream
  • Leader Grimlock, Blackout

Check it all out below, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub!

DELUXE CLASS

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF


VOYAGER CLASS

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF


LEADER CLASS

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF
Credit(s): Hasbro

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1940860)
Posted by ScottyP on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:13am CST
Got my shipping notification from HTS for the Wave 1 Deluxes this morning. They'll be here tomorrow, neat!
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1940864)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:33am CST
ScottyP wrote:Got my shipping notification from HTS for the Wave 1 Deluxes this morning. They'll be here tomorrow, neat!


Same here. That's a lot quicker than normal. Usually HTS takes 4 or 5 days to get to me.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1940958)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 20th, 2018 @ 1:00pm CST
william-james88 wrote:That isnt what I meant, nor what Hellscream meant. We were talking about our expectations now that we have seen the TLK line. Toys like Barricade, any Bee, Leader Dragonstorm and so forth.


I don't know what you mean here. I loved Barricade and Wave 3 Bee. Never got Dragonstorm cos they were too expensive and I've missed out on the super cheap price reduction at B&M (sold all out) but yeah Barry is cool and W3 Bee is my fave Deluxe Bee toy ever.

What colour is Grimlock actually then? He seems to differ in pics. And yeah one of the t-rex shots definitely has them forgotten to turn the chest piece upwards but never mind. I really wanna see his back and see how that fake t-rex head goes in and if it blends it nicely (it looks fine from the sides) or if his t-rex back is ruined like his PotP counterpart.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941003)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on February 20th, 2018 @ 2:35pm CST
Review for Studio Series Stinger



And I haven't been able to report this via the link that's in Va'al's Signature because it doesn't acknowledge my Email-address :-x
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941008)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 20th, 2018 @ 2:46pm CST
Fresh from his reveal at ToyFair and surprise availability right after, we have a review of Transformers Studio Series Wave 1 Deluxe Stinger, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian and regular reviewer Chuckdawg1999! Read on to find out what Chuck has to say, and then watch the review to see what you think of this figure.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hasbro does love doing the surprise drop every now and then don't they? Fresh from their NY Toy Fair panel comes the Studio Series line of movie figures. Stinger is the first original mold, deluxe class figure we've gotten of the Age of Extinction character and it's, ok. Transformation is the best part if a bit fiddly while robot mode is just ok. A few more tabs to lock things in here in there would've made me happier about the old bot mode. Maybe a transforming gun arm too? I can only recommend the figure for those die-hard Stinger fans as I think there might be better options for general movie fans elsewhere in wave 1.



Are you planning on picking Stinger up? Is he already on his way to your house? (Mine is.) Stinger and the rest of the Wave 1 Deluxes can be found here, but quantities are limited until a restock in April. Let us know what you think below!
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941026)
Posted by CJPrime931 on February 20th, 2018 @ 3:41pm CST
I prefer the Takara Lost Age Stinger over this.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941029)
Posted by reluctantyouth on February 20th, 2018 @ 3:50pm CST
Bummer...he is fiddly but I'm not going to cancel my order...really like the car mold.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941032)
Posted by Rated X on February 20th, 2018 @ 4:16pm CST
Ugh....the joy of transforming movie toys. I will end up getting him though. Im still keeping up with my collection of movie decepticons. I stopped with the autobots after DOTM. But what we really need now is a deluxe Hatchet that transforms into an SUV to complete the trio. Bonus points if they can make dreadbot that turns into a rusted VW van or whatever he was.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941039)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 20th, 2018 @ 5:28pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Jazz actually looks pretty great here, as does lockdown and brawl...

EVERYTHING IN THIS LINE IS AMAZING :shock:


You can say that again. ;)^
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941040)
Posted by dragons on February 20th, 2018 @ 5:32pm CST
reluctantyouth wrote:Bummer...he is fiddly but I'm not going to cancel my order...really like the car mold.


i dont see jello mold i do see toy bot mode is ok back roof section on arm is really bad place for roof secion maybe it pops off
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941043)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 5:50pm CST
Why you crapping so badly on the line Will? This line looks amazing (minus Optimus), and with Grimlock, that fake head is basically seamless, dunno why it's getting such a hard time from you.

And TLK had some great molds. Barricade was a good toy, not overly lackluster, and the voyagers killed it, and there is no real indication that they are gonna drop in quality except for the above mentioned Optimus. TLK killed it with many figures, and Hasbro seems to be going strong again here.

Lockdown and Jazz are really cool! Except for some smaller feet, Jazz continues to look perfect. Love Lockdowns weapons. And if the thing about the saw is true for Starscream, I'll wait for his tattooed self to get the saw.

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941047)
Posted by DMSL on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:06pm CST
Not digging the design of the botmode, so i will pass. The carmode looks beautiful though.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941048)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:29pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Why you crapping so badly on the line Will? This line looks amazing (minus Optimus), and with Grimlock, that fake head is basically seamless, dunno why it's getting such a hard time from you.

And TLK had some great molds. Barricade was a good toy, not overly lackluster, and the voyagers killed it, and there is no real indication that they are gonna drop in quality except for the above mentioned Optimus. TLK killed it with many figures, and Hasbro seems to be going strong again here.

Lockdown and Jazz are really cool! Except for some smaller feet, Jazz continues to look perfect. Love Lockdowns weapons. And if the thing about the saw is true for Starscream, I'll wait for his tattooed self to get the saw.

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.

There's been a noticeable amount of salt floating around here since toy fair, not sure why though, but, this line has me so seriously stoked for movie toys, I'm pretty nostalgic for them too, would love a great movie jazz and lockdown, as their first versions were pretty lackluster, gonna get everything probably 'cept the leaders :DANCE:
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941049)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:34pm CST
Do you mean salt just about this line or in general?
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941051)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:51pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Do you mean salt just about this line or in general?

Mostly in other threads, I think it was the one-two punch of potp ending earlier than we wanted (and with only one(?) new deluxe) and predaking being super anticlimactic, on top of the super s****y cyberverse line lowering the bar even further being fresh on peoples minds. I personally think this toy fair did a number on our morale as collectors, I guess it's more something I'm sensing from people's comments than anything, but I'm in that group too...

I'm honestly really happy that this line is receiving near universal praise and excitement from people, but I guess that could be from it not being leaked and being the only great thing to come from the toy fair this year :-?
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941053)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:59pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Why you crapping so badly on the line Will? This line looks amazing (minus Optimus), and with Grimlock, that fake head is basically seamless, dunno why it's getting such a hard time from you.

And TLK had some great molds. Barricade was a good toy, not overly lackluster, and the voyagers killed it, and there is no real indication that they are gonna drop in quality except for the above mentioned Optimus. TLK killed it with many figures, and Hasbro seems to be going strong again here.

Lockdown and Jazz are really cool! Except for some smaller feet, Jazz continues to look perfect. Love Lockdowns weapons. And if the thing about the saw is true for Starscream, I'll wait for his tattooed self to get the saw.

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.

There's been a noticeable amount of salt floating around here since toy fair, not sure why though, but, this line has me so seriously stoked for movie toys, I'm pretty nostalgic for them too, would love a great movie jazz and lockdown, as their first versions were pretty lackluster, gonna get everything probably 'cept the leaders :DANCE:

As a movie lover, this line is my dream. I'm so stoked we are getting all these new figures, and I am going to love this. If Battletrap isn't my figure of the year this year, I think one of these will definitely be it
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941057)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:14pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Why you crapping so badly on the line Will? This line looks amazing (minus Optimus), and with Grimlock, that fake head is basically seamless, dunno why it's getting such a hard time from you.

And TLK had some great molds. Barricade was a good toy, not overly lackluster, and the voyagers killed it, and there is no real indication that they are gonna drop in quality except for the above mentioned Optimus. TLK killed it with many figures, and Hasbro seems to be going strong again here.

Lockdown and Jazz are really cool! Except for some smaller feet, Jazz continues to look perfect. Love Lockdowns weapons. And if the thing about the saw is true for Starscream, I'll wait for his tattooed self to get the saw.

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.

There's been a noticeable amount of salt floating around here since toy fair, not sure why though, but, this line has me so seriously stoked for movie toys, I'm pretty nostalgic for them too, would love a great movie jazz and lockdown, as their first versions were pretty lackluster, gonna get everything probably 'cept the leaders :DANCE:

As a movie lover, this line is my dream. I'm so stoked we are getting all these new figures, and I am going to love this. If Battletrap isn't my figure of the year this year, I think one of these will definitely be it

Yeah, sad to not see a perfect deluxe barricade yet, but the dotm one is pretty perfect
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941068)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:33pm CST
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I am so stoked that my favorite Seeker is getting a new movie figure as a retool of Nitro Zeus!!!! Thundercracker will be a must buy ASAP figure for me!!!
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941070)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:40pm CST
General warning to you guys: apparently, Baltmatrix got his wave 1 deluxes and broke his Bee pretty fast. Not surprised considering he seems to break figures regularly and is not exactly a good reference for quality on figures, especially movie ones, but worth noting to you guys

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix

To see picture, follow this link, but beware of profanity

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix/status/9 ... 1021001734
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941087)
Posted by LevelRage on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:26pm CST
The roof on the arm is supposed to resemble the pincer canonn he and Bee had in AoE. As for transformation, I think it's weirdly neat, windshield becoming the waist is not something I think I've seen before and am glad that there are still new ways of engineering coming out.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941095)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:52pm CST
Baltmatrix's video review of the highly anticipated Bee!



I CANT WAIT TO OWN IT!
:michaelbay:
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941096)
Posted by CobraKai on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:57pm CST
I love it. I hope a Age of Extinction Bee can be retooled from this. Too bad the transformation was obscured by giant scabby hands.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941100)
Posted by LevelRage on February 20th, 2018 @ 9:10pm CST
Only figure that doesn't look good is that Optimus, where all the other figures seem to use their v-mode parts to create their bot-mode looks, Prime just gets faux-parts and less flames. He'll be a definite pass as far as this line goes.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941102)
Posted by Overcracker on February 20th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:General warning to you guys: apparently, Baltmatrix got his wave 1 deluxes and broke his Bee pretty fast. Not surprised considering he seems to break figures regularly and is not exactly a good reference for quality on figures, especially movie ones, but worth noting to you guys

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix

To see picture, follow this link, but beware of profanity

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix/status/9 ... 1021001734


Mr. Hamfist Jones breaking a toy? Can't imagine how that happened. Watching the ""review"" (massive airquotes), kind of makes it clear.

Yeah, this and many other reasons are why I stopped watching his reviews.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941104)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 20th, 2018 @ 9:28pm CST
"All it takes is one, bad, day"

The quality did a nose dive on that Bumblebee. Parts popping off, loose joints... That doesn't bode well.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941105)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 20th, 2018 @ 9:33pm CST
Overcracker wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:General warning to you guys: apparently, Baltmatrix got his wave 1 deluxes and broke his Bee pretty fast. Not surprised considering he seems to break figures regularly and is not exactly a good reference for quality on figures, especially movie ones, but worth noting to you guys

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix

To see picture, follow this link, but beware of profanity

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix/status/9 ... 1021001734


Mr. Hamfist Jones breaking a toy? Can't imagine how that happened. Watching the ""review"" (massive airquotes), kind of makes it clear.

Yeah, this and many other reasons are why I stopped watching his reviews.


Being in his shoes, I would have done the same. I was hesitant to buy the new TLK Bee deluxe and I skipped in the end. Now I'm even more hesitant with this one.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941120)
Posted by william-james88 on February 20th, 2018 @ 10:18pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:As a movie lover, this line is my dream. I'm so stoked we are getting all these new figures, and I am going to love this. If Battletrap isn't my figure of the year this year, I think one of these will definitely be it


Hey D-Max, I know it looks like I am crapping on these but its more to ground the hype. I remember us seeing that leader TLK Megs last year and thinking, "man, if that isnt figure of the year, I dont know what is". While the figure wasnt terrible, it wasnt great either and no one chose it as figure of the year. That makes me expect something similar with this line. I am not necessarily a movie lover but I do really like movie toys for their advancement in engineering and transformation. But with a lot of figure in this line, there seems to be none of that. Starscream and Ratchet are old molds that have been upscaled, while Bee and Crowbar are based on molds we just got last year, and neither of those molds were home runs. They werent bad, but they werent great. And having experiences these molds takes away my favourite aspect of TFs, which is the puzzle aspect. Its hard to feel excited about incremental changes like this (especially with Ratchet). I mean, we know what to expect from these toys.

Lockdown still has a massive kibble issue and everyone agrees that Optimus isnt great. I am excited for that Brawl though and curious about Megs too (its a simpler design in essence but I do look forward to still seeing how it differs from what we had before). I am excite for Leader Grimlock, I think its super cool how the fake t-rex head melds with the back of the t-rex body and it makes him have massive shoulders.

While a Leader Blackout sounds good to me, I do find it too bad that it looks so different from the film model with all that kibble. Compared to previous movie leaders like ROTF Optimus, HFTD Starscream and DOTM Sentinel Prime, he doesnt capture his on screen look as well as those did and he has far more extraneous kibble than either of them. It looks like all that engineering innovation is taking a step back. But I will still get him, I cant not have him :D

Anyways, I dont think I am crapping on them, I think its more a contrast of this more grounded mindset in comparison to the rose coloured glasses some may see them through (not just on these boards but all across the internet).

And its a way smaller dump than the amount of crapping going on with Predaking by others.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941123)
Posted by User897 on February 20th, 2018 @ 10:38pm CST
From day one, I hoped and wished for a Leader Class Blackout to allow for more accuracy. I picked up the Voyager anyway, but when it was stolen in 2014, I really missed it and hoped something like this would happen. Blackout is my most anticipated Leader Class Transformer in YEARS.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941124)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 20th, 2018 @ 10:43pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Lockdown still has a massive kibble issue

ya don't say >:oP

Like I said somewhere else, :TAKARATOMY: aren't magic, you'd need something in size like peru kill to hide all his car parts, and, like tlk o/p this is more due to the art direction of the movies than a failing on the part of :TAKARATOMY: or :HASBRO: not quite sure what you were expecting...
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941125)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 20th, 2018 @ 10:59pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I forgot to mention this earlier, but I am so stoked that my favorite Seeker is getting a new movie figure as a retool of Nitro Zeus!!!! Thundercracker will be a must buy ASAP figure for me!!!


I'm sorry? There's a Nitro Zeus remold/repaint?

Anyway, these new film figures are win-win for many people. Those that like CHUG versions are catered for, and those that want MP sized ones (with even more paint) will probably get these same molds as OSKO versions later on. I honestly can't wait for a bigger version of that Megatron and Grimlock (especially in some black or other mad repaint, such as clear plastic, chrome, etc). I might even buy both the official and OSKO versions this time round, the official molds are that good.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941126)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 20th, 2018 @ 11:09pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:General warning to you guys: apparently, Baltmatrix got his wave 1 deluxes and broke his Bee pretty fast. Not surprised considering he seems to break figures regularly and is not exactly a good reference for quality on figures, especially movie ones, but worth noting to you guys

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix

To see picture, follow this link, but beware of profanity

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix/status/9 ... 1021001734


And for our younger viewers...

PicsArt_1519189675262.jpg
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941130)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on February 20th, 2018 @ 11:40pm CST
Any of yall seen Baltmatrix's review on the Studio series bee? Poor fella got a really REALLY bad copy.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941134)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:25am CST
william-james88 wrote:while Bee and Crowbar are based on molds we just got last year, and neither of those molds were home runs. They werent bad, but they werent great.


Um. I thought they were pretty darn great. As I said before I frickin' love Wave 3 Bee by far the most out of all the Deluxe Bees we're ever had and Berserker is darn nice too. I need to buy another one actually since Toyhax accidentally sent me another set of stickers for him (three in total..since the first set I ordered was slightly faulty so they sent me a replacement set and then oddly a third set turned up a month later). He makes a good army builder troop guy.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941137)
Posted by william-james88 on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:31am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:while Bee and Crowbar are based on molds we just got last year, and neither of those molds were home runs. They werent bad, but they werent great.


Um. I thought they were pretty darn great. As I said before I frickin' love Wave 3 Bee by far the most out of all the Deluxe Bees we're ever had and Berserker is darn nice too.

That bee is so damn loose and doesnt tab in properly in car mode. Mine anyway. Though I hear the problem I had with his loose ankles was something everyone experienced. He was also quite small and felt cheap. Neat transformation, but the quality just wasnt there.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941138)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:34am CST
william-james88 wrote:That bee is so damn loose and doesnt tab in properly in car mode. Mine anyway. Though I hear the problem I had with his loose ankles was something everyone experienced. He was also quite small and felt cheap. Neat transformation, but the quality just wasnt there.



Um. Not true with mine at all. Tabs absolutely fine in car mode. And the ankles are only loose on mine if I haven't put them in properly. When they are done right, i can shake the figure like crazy and they don't flop down at all. I don't understand the small or cheap thing either. Feels same quality as most of my other TF figures.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941139)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:40am CST
Here I am shaking the W3 Bee and no looseness not even in the ankles.


I didn't realise how quick i could make a video and upload it. I'm still new to all that and it was quite a joy to find out that was so simple. :P
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941150)
Posted by CobraKai on February 21st, 2018 @ 2:33am CST
Also the headlights shoulder panel should be pointed forward like in the movie.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941151)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 21st, 2018 @ 2:34am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Here I am shaking the W3 Bee and no looseness not even in the ankles.


I didn't realise how quick i could make a video and upload it. I'm still new to all that and it was quite a joy to find out that was so simple. :P


You shouldn't shake bees...
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941161)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 21st, 2018 @ 4:47am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
You shouldn't shake bees...


is ok. I let him whack me with the hammer a few times afterwards so we're even.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941164)
Posted by Va'al on February 21st, 2018 @ 4:57am CST
Fellow Seibertronian Kanrabat has shared with us another video review from the Transformers Studio Series line, this time from the Autobot side of the factions, in the shape of Bumblebee in his vaguely The Last Knight incarnation, complete with hammer.

The clip, embedded below from YouTube reviewer Baltmatrix, shows both modes and posability but also features some severe issues in terms of stability and solidity - which may not entirely be due to the toy's quality, though it obviously factors in, of course, as the second review by Ultrazilla Toys embedded below also demonstrates. In any case, take a look, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion



Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941177)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 21st, 2018 @ 8:15am CST
Toys like Studio Series Bumblebee make baby Primus leak optic cleansers. Everytime one breaks, he snuffs the spark of unformed canine-mode protoforms...

BTW, there is something wrong with the news post at the main page. The screen goes blank after I watch an embedded youtube vid there (so I have to resetartmy browser to go back to seibertron) and I cannot post a reply via the option to do so there. I have to jump to this thread to so so instead.

This also makes baby Primus sad...
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941187)
Posted by dragons on February 21st, 2018 @ 9:04am CST
I like baltimateix video it doesn't useless articulation you have one bumblebee movie deluxe figure you know what articulation is see one articulation on deluxe figure they're all same in movie figures
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941196)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 21st, 2018 @ 10:08am CST
Well, the only thing I got out of that video is that I won't be watching Baltmatrix anymore, not that I really did in the first place. Anyways, I'll still be getting that Bumblebee (maybe they'll fix some of the issues for the main release), I'll just have to tighten some of the joints. Maybe this is just the result of them rushing the figure for this early release?
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941199)
Posted by Rated X on February 21st, 2018 @ 10:27am CST
Wouldn't it be great if he didnt have that stupid f**king cannon arm that he used for like 3 seconds in one movie? Just saying...
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941201)
Posted by Evil Eye on February 21st, 2018 @ 10:32am CST
Rated X wrote:Wouldn't it be great if he didnt have that stupid f**king cannon arm that he used for like 3 seconds in one movie? Just saying...

Oh no, the figure comes with a weapon! He's ruined!

...Wait, I thought you hated the movies?
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941211)
Posted by Rated X on February 21st, 2018 @ 11:17am CST
Black Hat wrote:
Rated X wrote:Wouldn't it be great if he didnt have that stupid f**king cannon arm that he used for like 3 seconds in one movie? Just saying...

Oh no, the figure comes with a weapon! He's ruined!

...Wait, I thought you hated the movies?



What rock have you been hiding under? It was movie figures that drew me back into the hobby in 2007. If it wasnt for movie figures, I wouldnt have never known CHUG or this website existed.

I dont agree with your assertion. For a figure to "come" with a weapon, the weapon must be removable. What I see here is a robot amputee. Besides cannon arms blow monkey balls.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941212)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 21st, 2018 @ 11:21am CST
Rated X wrote:Wouldn't it be great if he didnt have that stupid f**king cannon arm that he used for like 3 seconds in one movie? Just saying...

Huh? Bee uses that plasma cannon pretty extensively in every movie except AOE, where it's designed differently and sits under his arm instead of replacing his hand.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941220)
Posted by Caesium Salami on February 21st, 2018 @ 11:58am CST
Hey guys, before y'all go bashing an entire line based on a single floppy figure, bear in mind that these figures are being released pretty much right after they were officially revealed. They aren't at mass retail yet, so it's possible there will be running changes made before they're released worldwide.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941225)
Posted by shajaki on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:06pm CST
Va'al wrote:


Balt... damn dude how old are you?

The other guy, I watched for 2 minutes and got motion sickness. @#$!in... sit still dude!
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941247)
Posted by Rated X on February 21st, 2018 @ 1:00pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Rated X wrote:Wouldn't it be great if he didnt have that stupid f**king cannon arm that he used for like 3 seconds in one movie? Just saying...

Huh? Bee uses that plasma cannon pretty extensively in every movie except AOE, where it's designed differently and sits under his arm instead of replacing his hand.

This is rusty 1969 camaro Bee who never wielded a cannon arm until after the 2007 camaro scan. So not only is it silly looking, its not movie accurate. Its just Hasbros obsession with the damn cannon arm.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #352 - Revenge of Buzzsaw
Twincast / Podcast #352:
"Revenge of Buzzsaw"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 15th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON