Transformers News: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 7:02AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,878

To round off our batch of new official images from Hasbro - and Takara Tomy, for that matter - and asa supplement to our previous posts on this topic (as seen here and here) you can now also browse our New York Toy Fair 2018 gallery for the Transformers Studio Series movie toyline, with its new offerings of previously released characters since 2007!

The images below include the three different sized classes we saw at both Toy Fair and Wonderfest, Deluxe, Voyager and Leader, and include:

• Deluxe Bumblebee, Crowbar, Jazz, Lockdown, Ratchet, Stinger
  • Voyager Megatron, Brawl, Optimus Prime, Starscream
  • Leader Grimlock, Blackout

Check it all out below, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub!

DELUXE CLASS

VOYAGER CLASS

LEADER CLASS

Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1940860)
Posted by ScottyP on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:13am CST
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1940864)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:33am CST
ScottyP wrote:Got my shipping notification from HTS for the Wave 1 Deluxes this morning. They'll be here tomorrow, neat!

Same here. That's a lot quicker than normal. Usually HTS takes 4 or 5 days to get to me.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1940958)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 20th, 2018 @ 1:00pm CST
william-james88 wrote:That isnt what I meant, nor what Hellscream meant. We were talking about our expectations now that we have seen the TLK line. Toys like Barricade, any Bee, Leader Dragonstorm and so forth.

I don't know what you mean here. I loved Barricade and Wave 3 Bee. Never got Dragonstorm cos they were too expensive and I've missed out on the super cheap price reduction at B&M (sold all out) but yeah Barry is cool and W3 Bee is my fave Deluxe Bee toy ever.

What colour is Grimlock actually then? He seems to differ in pics. And yeah one of the t-rex shots definitely has them forgotten to turn the chest piece upwards but never mind. I really wanna see his back and see how that fake t-rex head goes in and if it blends it nicely (it looks fine from the sides) or if his t-rex back is ruined like his PotP counterpart.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941003)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on February 20th, 2018 @ 2:35pm CST
Review for Studio Series Stinger

And I haven't been able to report this via the link that's in Va'al's Signature because it doesn't acknowledge my Email-address :-x
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941008)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 20th, 2018 @ 2:46pm CST
Fresh from his reveal at ToyFair and surprise availability right after, we have a review of Transformers Studio Series Wave 1 Deluxe Stinger, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian and regular reviewer Chuckdawg1999! Read on to find out what Chuck has to say, and then watch the review to see what you think of this figure.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hasbro does love doing the surprise drop every now and then don't they? Fresh from their NY Toy Fair panel comes the Studio Series line of movie figures. Stinger is the first original mold, deluxe class figure we've gotten of the Age of Extinction character and it's, ok. Transformation is the best part if a bit fiddly while robot mode is just ok. A few more tabs to lock things in here in there would've made me happier about the old bot mode. Maybe a transforming gun arm too? I can only recommend the figure for those die-hard Stinger fans as I think there might be better options for general movie fans elsewhere in wave 1.

Are you planning on picking Stinger up? Is he already on his way to your house? (Mine is.) Stinger and the rest of the Wave 1 Deluxes can be found here, but quantities are limited until a restock in April. Let us know what you think below!
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941026)
Posted by CJPrime931 on February 20th, 2018 @ 3:41pm CST
I prefer the Takara Lost Age Stinger over this.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941029)
Posted by reluctantyouth on February 20th, 2018 @ 3:50pm CST
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941032)
Posted by Rated X on February 20th, 2018 @ 4:16pm CST
Ugh....the joy of transforming movie toys. I will end up getting him though. Im still keeping up with my collection of movie decepticons. I stopped with the autobots after DOTM. But what we really need now is a deluxe Hatchet that transforms into an SUV to complete the trio. Bonus points if they can make dreadbot that turns into a rusted VW van or whatever he was.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941039)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 20th, 2018 @ 5:28pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Jazz actually looks pretty great here, as does lockdown and brawl...

EVERYTHING IN THIS LINE IS AMAZING :shock:

You can say that again. ;)^
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941040)
Posted by dragons on February 20th, 2018 @ 5:32pm CST
reluctantyouth wrote:Bummer...he is fiddly but I'm not going to cancel my order...really like the car mold.

i dont see jello mold i do see toy bot mode is ok back roof section on arm is really bad place for roof secion maybe it pops off
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941043)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 5:50pm CST

And TLK had some great molds. Barricade was a good toy, not overly lackluster, and the voyagers killed it, and there is no real indication that they are gonna drop in quality except for the above mentioned Optimus. TLK killed it with many figures, and Hasbro seems to be going strong again here.

Lockdown and Jazz are really cool! Except for some smaller feet, Jazz continues to look perfect. Love Lockdowns weapons. And if the thing about the saw is true for Starscream, I'll wait for his tattooed self to get the saw.

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941047)
Posted by DMSL on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:06pm CST
Not digging the design of the botmode, so i will pass. The carmode looks beautiful though.
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941048)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:29pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Why you crapping so badly on the line Will? This line looks amazing (minus Optimus), and with Grimlock, that fake head is basically seamless, dunno why it's getting such a hard time from you.

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.

There's been a noticeable amount of salt floating around here since toy fair, not sure why though, but, this line has me so seriously stoked for movie toys, I'm pretty nostalgic for them too, would love a great movie jazz and lockdown, as their first versions were pretty lackluster, gonna get everything probably 'cept the leaders :DANCE:
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941049)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:34pm CST
Do you mean salt just about this line or in general?
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941051)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:51pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Do you mean salt just about this line or in general?

Mostly in other threads, I think it was the one-two punch of potp ending earlier than we wanted (and with only one(?) new deluxe) and predaking being super anticlimactic, on top of the super s****y cyberverse line lowering the bar even further being fresh on peoples minds. I personally think this toy fair did a number on our morale as collectors, I guess it's more something I'm sensing from people's comments than anything, but I'm in that group too...

I'm honestly really happy that this line is receiving near universal praise and excitement from people, but I guess that could be from it not being leaked and being the only great thing to come from the toy fair this year :-?
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941053)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:59pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.

As a movie lover, this line is my dream. I'm so stoked we are getting all these new figures, and I am going to love this. If Battletrap isn't my figure of the year this year, I think one of these will definitely be it
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941057)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:14pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I'm hoping Megs does end up silver, but he is a buy either way.

Yeah, sad to not see a perfect deluxe barricade yet, but the dotm one is pretty perfect
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941068)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:33pm CST
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I am so stoked that my favorite Seeker is getting a new movie figure as a retool of Nitro Zeus!!!! Thundercracker will be a must buy ASAP figure for me!!!
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941070)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:40pm CST
General warning to you guys: apparently, Baltmatrix got his wave 1 deluxes and broke his Bee pretty fast. Not surprised considering he seems to break figures regularly and is not exactly a good reference for quality on figures, especially movie ones, but worth noting to you guys

To see picture, follow this link, but beware of profanity

https://twitter.com/baltmatrix/status/9 ... 1021001734
Re: Full Set of Official Images For Transformers Studio Series Toyline #HasbroToyFair #NYTF (1941087)
Posted by LevelRage on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:26pm CST
The roof on the arm is supposed to resemble the pincer canonn he and Bee had in AoE. As for transformation, I think it's weirdly neat, windshield becoming the waist is not something I think I've seen before and am glad that there are still new ways of engineering coming out.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Crosshairs AOE 3D tin box embossed lid 68x98mm and photo card game" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking combiner G1 reissue new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Platinum Edition Crosshairs No Box New Free Ship" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise CombinerForce Titan Guardians Steeljaw New MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada Of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Mr. Potato Head Optimash Prime (Optimus) Transformers 2006 Complete Set" on EBAY