Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 3:44am CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,197

The last update we had on the status of the Transformers episode of the new Netflix documentary series mentioned that the second part of the first season would be coming soon - and we now know they mean in the next three months thanks to a couple of updates on their Facebook and Instagram feeds!

The latter shows a prototype of the Transformers Titans Return Hot Rod figures, which will probably feature in the episode, as well as a suggestion that the series was well received enough to spur more seasons and more episodes on other franchises, as the second image below seems to suggest. Take a look, comment away, and make sure to tune in to see the likes of Kojin Ono, Keiichiro Sakuma, and our very own Seibertron when the episode is released!

Here is the prototype for Hasbro's "Titans Return" Hot Rod figure, released in 2017! #TTTMU #Transformers

Transformers News: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possibl

The board is back! Stay tuned for updates and a big surprise! #TTTMU

Credit(s): TTTMU

Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1940862)
Posted by Acesmcgee on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:29am CST
Yay! Now let the counting down begin!
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941232)
Posted by shajaki on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:20pm CST
Burn wrote:ughhhh hurry up and put the next episodes out already!
I know... 3 months? :SICK:
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941326)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 21st, 2018 @ 6:56pm CST
shajaki wrote:
Burn wrote:ughhhh hurry up and put the next episodes out already!
I know... 3 months? :SICK:

Feels like I have been waiting for this forever!
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941328)
Posted by Burn on February 21st, 2018 @ 7:07pm CST
WreckerJack wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Burn wrote:ughhhh hurry up and put the next episodes out already!
I know... 3 months? :SICK:

Feels like I have been waiting for this forever!

You would have waited an eternity for this?
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941334)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 21st, 2018 @ 7:34pm CST
Burn wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Burn wrote:ughhhh hurry up and put the next episodes out already!
I know... 3 months? :SICK:

Feels like I have been waiting for this forever!

You would have waited an eternity for this?

Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941335)
Posted by Burn on February 21st, 2018 @ 7:41pm CST
WreckerJack wrote:It's pretty exciting that someone from our site got to be a part of this series. So naturally I have to watch it and see.

It was my main reason for watching it.

But now, I find it fascinating, even lines like G.I. Joe and Barbie which I had zero interest in, I still found fascinating.

So if they are more seasons after this one, sign me up. It's fascinating learning all the behind the scenes stuff on how they toys were brought to fruition.
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941345)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 21st, 2018 @ 8:16pm CST
Burn wrote:

It was my main reason for watching it.

Agreed. I did watch the GI joe one and it was pretty neat. I didn't have any connections to some of the other episodes they have on there. I'd really like them to do one with lego and nerf in the future. I'd assume that since they are doing toys of the 80's I am gonna have to wait and see. But if this series is successful (and I think that it will be) then they may choose to capitalize by doing some 90's lines as well. (Yeah I know we are all sick of 90's kids but who doesn't love lego bionicle?)
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941411)
Posted by Va'al on February 22nd, 2018 @ 3:34am CST
Courtesy of entertainment and media website GeekDad, we have some more news on the next leg of episodes from the Netflix documentary series The Toys That Made US - which will see LEGO, Hello Kitty, and Star Trek join the Transformers episode (featuring our very own Seibertron!) - in the form of a short interview with show creator Brian Volk-Weiss, which you can read in full here!

We've selected a few salient points about Transformers specifically below (including the inaccuracies in the reporting, we know there are some), along with some older images we covered previously, to spruce up the post. We also found out the actual air date of the next four episodes, which is in fact June 2018, and not the 'three months' estimate we reported on earlier this week. Check it all out, and let us know what you think of the series so far!

GD: You’ve had access to a lot of cool things and met a lot of cool people. Have any cool prototypes or one-offs been added to your collection because of access from the show?

Brian: I was very mindful of even not having the appearance of a conflict of interest. We had a lot of people – we had Bod [sic] Budiansky, he’s the Marvel editor who created all the characters for Transformers and wrote every single [ed. note: not entirely true, just initial run] Transformers comic book. I mean, he literally came in with a pile of paper on his lap that turned out to be his original legal pad descriptions of Optimus Prime and Star Scream [sic] and Ravage. I would conservatively estimate he had half a million dollars worth of history on his lap. He took a 3-hour train ride to our New York office just holding these things in his hand! They weren’t even in a folder or a bag! I honestly, and this was very early on in the shoot, I almost said to him ‘Hey, would you sell those?’ and right before I asked him I was like ‘You know what? That’s not appropriate.’ If the day ever comes where we officially will never make another episode, then I will reach back and possibly see if (he) would sell those.

[...]

GD: “How do you decide which properties you choose. Is it based on production numbers, the sales numbers, or the crossover cultural impact? What makes you determine what you cover?

Brian: “The official answer is ‘I use my gut.’ But if I’m to dive into my ‘gut,’ it’s a bunch of criteria. Number one, (has) the toy essentially been in production nonstop since the day it started production? Is this a toy that was big when it started and still big? Second thing: is it a good story? Is the story interesting? Is the story of how it got from A to B interesting? That was a big part. Number three, is there a rabid fan base? Do people dress up like the characters at conventions? Are there conventions? Do they dress up like the character for Halloween? And the fourth (thing) is, I had and idea in my head of like the Mount Rushmore of toys, and I wanted to make sure that every character we did could be on the Mount Rushmore of toys. My wife doesn’t know anything about Transformers, but if you show her a picture of Optimus Prime, she knows who that is. That’s what I call the Mount Rushmore factor.”

Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941497)
Posted by Galactic Prime on February 22nd, 2018 @ 12:32pm CST
"Number one, (has) the toy essentially been in production nonstop since the day it started production?"

Yet he did Masters of the Universe which has not.
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1941549)
Posted by Va'al on February 22nd, 2018 @ 2:48pm CST
Almost as if there was a follow up - let's say, a paragraph of further questions and criteria - to that point.
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1948493)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 26th, 2018 @ 5:10pm CDT
You remember that Netflix show running right now? The one revolving around the toys that have come out over the years and shaped us as children and a lot of us as now adults? Well, it appears that it has proven very popular, and it has been renewed for a 2nd Season!

Thanks to an update on their Facebook page, we now know that Netflix's The Toys That Made Us has been renewed for a second season! This is big news as it has been very well received, and there is a Transformers episode, including the likes of Peter Cullen and our very own Seibertron himself, coming late in June!

The news broke via the Hollywood Reporter, where Netflix announced that The Toys That Made Us, along with 4 other unscripted shows, had been renewed.

What do you think of this news? Are you enjoying the series and are happy to see it continuing on? Are you looking forward to what other toys could possibly have had such an impact on us? Let us know in the comments section below!

Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1948495)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 26th, 2018 @ 5:19pm CDT
Very cool
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1948514)
Posted by NeonPrime on March 26th, 2018 @ 7:13pm CDT
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1948516)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 26th, 2018 @ 7:17pm CDT
NeonPrime wrote:Binged the first season when it was available and can't wait to see season two! Transformers is a no brainer but I'm really hoping they cover Wheeled Warriors, ThunderCats, M.A.S.K. Voltron and Robotech :x

A Voltron episode would be awesome!
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1948531)
Posted by cloudballoon on March 26th, 2018 @ 10:12pm CDT
A Robotech episode will renew all the fan-hate of Harmony Gold of all the Macross/Robotech series/toys lovers out there, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :-P
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1948538)
Posted by Burn on March 26th, 2018 @ 11:05pm CDT

There's still more of season 1 to go though, including a episode about Transformers featuring our very own Seibertron himself! Image
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1948970)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 28th, 2018 @ 10:06pm CDT
Every time I see this thread get an article I get excited but its not till June. I have been duped again!
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1955900)
Posted by Va'al on April 24th, 2018 @ 4:29pm CDT
Folks, we have a date! The second half of the first season of the Netflix documentary The Toys that Made US - focusing this time on Star Trek, Lego, Hello Kitty, and our very own Transformers - finally has a release confirmation for May 25th 2018, uploaded to all countries that have their own version of Netflix across the globe!

The first half, you'll remember, featured the likes of Barbie, Masters of the Universe, GI Joe, Star Wars toys, and was extremely well received in both fandoms of the respective franchises and the mainstream audiences tuning in to the show, to the point that it has already been renewed for a second season, as we reported here. And remember, this second half will not only feature the likes of Michael Bay, Peter Cullen, Bob Budiansky.. but also our site owner Seibertron himself! Tune in next month, and share your thoughts on the discussion boards.
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1955913)
Posted by shajaki on April 24th, 2018 @ 5:32pm CDT
Bout time! Still... a month... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Transformers Episode Coming in Next Three Months, More Seasons Possible #TTTMU (1955953)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 24th, 2018 @ 7:55pm CDT
Get the popcorn and soda!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers the last knight premier edition optimus prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hound" on EBAY