Saturday, July 7th, 2018 2:36am CDT

Categories: Digital Media News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,405

You'll remembe the story we reported on a while back on the original G1 Transformers animated series soundtrack receiving a vinyl reissue with collector attention to the packaging and aesthetic, from company Enjoy the Toons.

This Friday, they have put on sale the repressed versions of that record with additional colour variants, adding to the Megatron Split, Optimus Prime Split and Starscream Split vinyls offered via their Enjoy The Records Website, with the new ones offered via ThinkGeek, lightintheattic.com and FYE.

Transformers News: G1 Transformers Original Score Repress from Enjoy the Ride Records, plus Retail Variants

Credit(s): Enjoy the Ride

Re: G1 Transformers Original Score Repress from Enjoy the Ride Records, plus Retail Variants (1969258)
Posted by Amelie on July 7th, 2018 @ 6:09am CDT
I went to order this, but $25 USD postage to the UK doubles the price of the record. Which, frankly, is outrageous - so I'm out. I would have loved this, but I can't justify $50 on vinyl I could be spending on putting towards Masterpiece Optimus V3...
Re: G1 Transformers Original Score Repress from Enjoy the Ride Records, plus Retail Variants (1969295)
Posted by shajaki on July 7th, 2018 @ 11:04am CDT
In spite of FYE only shipping within the States, I got all my variants in the bag. Now I just gotta get the original Megs and Prime variants since I only got Bee from the first pressing #-o
Re: G1 Transformers Original Score Repress from Enjoy the Ride Records, plus Retail Variants (1969476)
Posted by bodrock on July 8th, 2018 @ 1:01pm CDT
SOLD :CON:
Re: G1 Transformers Original Score Repress from Enjoy the Ride Records, plus Retail Variants (1970462)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 11th, 2018 @ 9:18pm CDT
And still no digital release
Re: G1 Transformers Original Score Repress from Enjoy the Ride Records, plus Retail Variants (1974629)
Posted by shajaki on July 27th, 2018 @ 4:37pm CDT
So I now have every variant in hand (besides FYE, but it's on the way) and y'know, I really kind of hate the "collection". Unless you open them up, it's almost impossible to tell them apart. There's nothing different about the printed covers (fine print, bar codes, ect) and only the Enjoy The Toons variants have stickers (and pretty lame ones at that). The only decent one is the FYE, which has a special sticker clearly stating what variant it is. But I will include pics of the differences I can.

So, I've come up with a solution for myself, and am posting it for anyone else out there who might be as obsessive compulsive as myself. I've put together some images (labels), for each variant, that I plan to print out on sticker paper. I don't actually want to put the stickers on the sealed plastic, so I plan to buy some vinyl sleeves (like comics sleeves), stick it on that, and include a pic of the colored vinyl. This plan makes my collector brain really happy :lol:

1st Press
Enjoy The Toons Records
Optimus Prime Splatter

(Small red dot sticker, upper left corner)

1st Press
Enjoy The Toons Records
Megatron Splatter

(No sticker)

1st Press
ThinkGeek
Bumblebee Split

(No sticker)

2nd Press
Enjoy The Toons Records
Optimus Prime Split

(Medium red dot sticker, upper right corner)

2nd Press
Enjoy The Toons Records
Megatron Split

(Big purple sticker, upper right corner)

2nd Press
Enjoy The Toons Records
Starscream Split

(Small yellow sticker, upper right corner)

2nd Press
ThinkGeek
Soundwave Splatter

(No sticker)

2nd Press
FYE
Autobot/Decepticon Split

(Special printed sticker, upper left corner)

2nd Press
Light In The Attic Records
Autobot/Decepticon Splatter

(No sticker, general release, so probably found elsewhere too)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG11 Chromia Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "Deadlock Transformers Legends  Takara Tomy" on EBAY