Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island

Transformers News: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island

Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 9:21AM CDT

Categories: Event News, Press Releases, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,438

After a lot of speculation, rumours, whispers and CybertronCon in the way, we have official confirmation on Hasbro's plans for its licensed properties and their event showcasing: HASCON 2017 has just been announced! The event's website is already active, and can be found here, the press release is avaliable below, and the details are: 8-10 September 2017, Rhode Island Convention & Dunkin Donuts Center. Check it out below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Hasbro to Create the Ultimate Entertainment and Play Experience by Bringing Its Iconic Brands to Life with First-Ever ‘HASCON’

First-of-Its-Kind Convention Will Bring Fans and Families Together for Three Days of Immersive Entertainment Experiences, Talent and Character Appearances, Panels and More in September 2017

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), a global play and entertainment company, announced it is creating the first-ever HASCON fan and family convention in September 2017. The massive event, which will be held in Providence at the Rhode Island Convention Center and Dunkin Donuts Center from September 8-10, 2017, will treat attendees to three unforgettable days featuring a celebration of Hasbro’s powerful characters and stories, including live interactive experiences, exclusive products, talent appearances, panels and much more.

From bringing the first action figure to life with G.I. JOE, to creating a world where robots are truly ‘more than meets the eye’ with TRANSFORMERS, Hasbro’s brands have always overflowed with rich stories and dynamic, multi-faceted characters, providing an incredible platform to capture the imaginations of fans of all ages. The premiere HASCON event will bring the magic of decades of storytelling under one roof for the ultimate, immersive Hasbro fan and family experience. Hasbro’s top properties, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, MAGIC THE GATHERING, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, G.I. JOE and many others will be reimagined through dynamic stage performances and unique opportunities for fans to engage with their favorite characters. In addition to interactive experiences designed to offer attendees a glimpse into Hasbro’s imaginative storytelling in action, visitors will have the chance to see first-look previews of Hasbro’s biggest television and movie series, attend panels and meet-and-greets with celebrities and creative talent associated with Hasbro brands, take part in Hasbro Gaming competitions and purchase special limited-edition Hasbro products.

“Hasbro is home to many of the world’s most recognizable brands, each of them with their own group of passionate and engaged fans,” said John Frascotti, President of Hasbro Brands. “HASCON will deliver an extraordinary peek behind the curtain of our brands, storytelling, and iconic characters while giving us the opportunity to invite fans and families to our hometown for the most memorable, unified Hasbro experience ever.”

For all of the latest information on HASCON 2017, please visit http://hascon.hasbro.com

About Hasbro
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834345)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 18th, 2016 @ 9:29am CDT
So is this officially supposed to be the replacement/successor for BotCon?
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834346)
Posted by Va'al on October 18th, 2016 @ 9:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So is this officially supposed to be the replacement/successor for BotCon?

Maybe. Maybe not. But definitely a new Club starting!
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lub/36557/
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834348)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 18th, 2016 @ 9:38am CDT
I tried to register for updates and was told I don't qualify at this time
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834350)
Posted by Va'al on October 18th, 2016 @ 9:42am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I tried to register for updates and was told I don't qualify at this time

They seem to still be tweaking their subscription sites, yes, I had the same issue. I'd give it some time before asking for help though!
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834353)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2016 @ 9:48am CDT

I think Successor would be the better word. I find it really cool that its in Rhode Island, thats the heart of Hasbro.
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834359)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on October 18th, 2016 @ 9:57am CDT
Hopefully it'll be big enough for all the fandoms to fit...
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834363)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 18th, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Hopefully it'll be big enough for all the fandoms to fit...
You mean big enough for the two fandoms (TF and MLP) and the random few Average Joes who have an interest in the other brands. ;) :-P
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834374)
Posted by Va'al on October 18th, 2016 @ 10:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:Hopefully it'll be big enough for all the fandoms to fit...

Oh, sure, because Magic the Gathering has so few players. And Nerf sells so little.

...giant NERF fight with giant robots! THE POSSIBILITIES!
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834376)
Posted by It Is Him on October 18th, 2016 @ 10:15am CDT
In Rhode Island no less! It makes me wonder if a Hasbro tour will be included in the events. I can't wait for more details
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834387)
Posted by nycPrime on October 18th, 2016 @ 10:41am CDT
So who's going?
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834390)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 18th, 2016 @ 10:46am CDT
nycPrime wrote:So who's going?

Let's see. Going to a convention (which is cool no doubt) or affording all the awesome stuff due to come out next year.

I'll be staying home.
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834399)
Posted by Cobotron on October 18th, 2016 @ 11:07am CDT
This is good news! For everybody!
Glad to see the wheels are in motion.

Bad news. Those dates fall right on the week of both my daughters birthdays.
Good news. They both like MLP, and TFs, and toys in general. :lol:
Now to get the wife on board. Wish me luck!
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834407)
Posted by nycPrime on October 18th, 2016 @ 11:15am CDT
Cobotron wrote:This is good news! For everybody!
Glad to see the wheels are in motion.

Bad news. Those dates fall right on the week of both my daughters birthdays.
Good news. They both like MLP, and TFs, and toys in general. :lol:
Now to get the wife on board. Wish me luck!

Shouldn't be that hard as there is a lot to do in that area. Newport, RI is right there, and is a lovely town. You can easily make a nice trip of it.
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834411)
Posted by Cobotron on October 18th, 2016 @ 11:19am CDT
nycPrime wrote:
Cobotron wrote:This is good news! For everybody!
Glad to see the wheels are in motion.

Bad news. Those dates fall right on the week of both my daughters birthdays.
Good news. They both like MLP, and TFs, and toys in general. :lol:
Now to get the wife on board. Wish me luck!

Ha! I just remebered! My wife lived in Providence for a year, and has a great friend there! Yes. It could really happen! Hi-fives all around!!!!!
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834434)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2016 @ 12:37pm CDT
Pretty sure this means no dealer area right? Looks more like an expo.
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834439)
Posted by xRotorstormx on October 18th, 2016 @ 12:41pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Pretty sure this means no dealer area right? Looks more like an expo.

Certainly seems that way to a lot of folks, which would be a total downer.

The negative to this, I already know my husband will probably not go. He isn't into this stuff at all but really enjoyed the last 2 Botcons because of the people and the narrow focus. I don't see him enjoying a huge convention like this but I could be wrong...not that it would deter me from going but you know.

At least I like Rhode Island and it gives me an excuse to go back home to CT to visit my folks late in the year.

I will say though .... TRANSFORMERS MONOPOLY CONTEST!! See if we can get the record for longest game played :lol:
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834444)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2016 @ 12:53pm CDT
xRotorstormx wrote:

Certainly seems that way to a lot of folks, which would be a total downer.

But there are local shows though and fan events, like TFCon, that should still fill that need. And this would contrast those events by being the one event that is more about the brand itself rather than a place to buy things (aside from official merchandise). I see it like Star Wars Celebration or D20 Disney Expo where its all about the companies giving back to fans and celebrating the event without you needing to spend more money once you get in. It could be a breather and more of a vacation.

Just trying to make you feel better :)

And if its seeing one's good friends that made the convention so special, then thats the easiest thing to keep happening, just make this event your new hangout :) And hey, you could be introducing new fans to TFs and maybe get to learn more about other brands too. I only see this as a chance to make more friends rather than not seeing people.
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834460)
Posted by RAR on October 18th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
Did you see that footage of some embarrassment of interpretive dance that was at some event a few months back - people were laughing at the time they said - yeah we are doing more of this - well I note they are doing it at Hascon too.

I hope they don't expect people to pay to see it is all on top of the ticket prices. as I think they will get some empty seats from some crowds.

I hesitate to mention this as it's sort of comes under the banner of things best not mentioned so as to not start a huge argument - but since the Hasbro convention is also a "Magic the Gathering" Convention and they are likely going to have some sort of tournament - isn't there a possibility of some culture clash between the tournament and the rest of the convention - not to mention there is a turf war in table top gaming to control it based on certain lets say "special interests" and leave it a that, Lets just say that any info given out with tickets and the like is going to make for some very interesting fine print reading.

MTG aside though do wonder if there might be some really big culture clashes going on here - for example some Transformers fans seem to be fond of Gi Joe and even tolerant or passingly fond of MLP - but what about other things Hasbro might want to shoehorn in.

If they said - your convention exclusive is a Nemesis Prime version of Mr. Potato head Optimus Prime - they might get some funny looks I would expect.

But on the other hand I would expect MLP Seeker-Ponies would go down a storm.
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834503)
Posted by Emerje on October 18th, 2016 @ 3:59pm CDT
Are you kidding me, Hasbro? September? Why wedge it in between SDCC, Cybertroncon, and NYCC? What was great about BotCon was that it was a spring/early summer convention to fill the gap between Toy Fair in February and SDCC in July, we don't need another convention on the back half of the year!

I'm also very concerned about this convention being a little too family and kid friendly at the risk of alienating the die hard adult fans and collectors that other conventions (especially BotCon) cater to. I don't know if as a single adult I'm going to feel comfortable sharing space with a bunch of kids and judgmental parents. How do you do a Transformers panel without talking over the kids heads and talking down to the adult fans?

I don't know. I want to be excited because this is within driving distance for me (less than four hours), but I need to know that it's worth actually attending.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Announces HASCON 2017 - 8-10 September, Rhode Island (1834504)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2016 @ 4:01pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

We could ask the ton of adults who attend Star Wars celebration every year.

Good job on pointing out the date though, I had not caught that. That blows for reveals.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 36%
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 34%
You save: 29%
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 24%
You save: 22%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%