This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More

Transformers News: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More

Friday, February 15th, 2019 10:12AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: no-one   Views: 30,372

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This page may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.


Hasbro has unleashed HasbroPulse today as the new destination for their various toylines including our favorite, Transformers. Not only can in-stock figures be purchased, but pre-orders can be placed.

Among those pre-orders are not only some tasty bits of recent announcements but some good deals can be had as well.

The newly announced Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee MP-45 is available along with Transformers Masterpiece MP-18+ Bluestreak which was previously thought to be a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive. Prices are following all the other available pre-orders at $119.99 USD for MP-45 and $79.99 USD for MP-18+.

Transformers News: Hasbro Pulse replacing HastroToyShop, offering new services

Transformers News: Hasbro Pulse replacing HastroToyShop, offering new services

One of the more interesting and exciting part of this news is that the Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege wave two Deluxe figures can be pre-ordered for $9.99 USD here.

Transformers News: Hasbro Pulse replacing HastroToyShop, offering new services

But before you run off to to make pre-orders, there's more. Hasbro Pulse is also offering a Amazon Prime like serviced Hasbro Pulse Premium. The service is offering, Free standard shipping to the US continental for 2019, exclusive discounts and flash sales and other undisclosed perks.

Hasbro Pulse replacing HastroToyShop, offering new services

Hasbro Pulse Premium
Want free standard continental U.S. shipping for the balance of 2019? Join Hasbro Pulse Premium. Just make a purchase between now and 2/23/19.* And free shipping isn't all, we have some other perks planned just for our best customers.

Hurry, this offer won't last long! (Starting 2/24/19, there will be a $50 enrollment fee.)

Free standard continental U.S. shipping for the rest of 2019.
Monthly Premium-only discounts & flash sales.
Other perks throughout the year at select fan conventions & more

*HASBRO PULSE PREMIUM TERMS
Free standard shipping on orders placed on HasbroPulse.com through December 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST when you make a purchase(s) on HasbroPulse.com between February 15, 2019 and February 23, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST. Must create and check out with a HasbroPulse.com account to be eligible. Exclusions may apply. No rain checks. Offer not valid on previous orders. Does not apply to HasLab campaigns. Offer valid for shipping in continental U.S. only. Subject to terms of use, HasbroPulse.com shipping and other policies. Must opt-in to marketing emails to receive updates on additional perks/incentives.


So what do you think about Hasbro's new "e-shop"? Is a premium service something you'd be interested in? When you get back from placing orders, sound off in the Energon Pub below.

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010509)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:23am CST
So wait, if we just placed a pre-order then are we automatically enrolled in premium? Or was there some kind of check-box that I missed?
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010511)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:26am CST
I bet the things will cost a zillion dollars to ship to Canada like the old HTS.

So, pass. >:oP
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010514)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:30am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So wait, if we just placed a pre-order then are we automatically enrolled in premium? Or was there some kind of check-box that I missed?

This is my question too.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010521)
Posted by no-one on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:43am CST
I heard that from someone else so I went to check my order - cancelled.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010528)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:54am CST
carytheone wrote:I heard that from someone else so I went to check my order - cancelled.


Did you get an email with the cancellation or just check you status. No email for me yet, and my order still shows up as Payment Status Authorized and Fulfillment Status Unfulfilled.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010533)
Posted by no-one on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:56am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:I heard that from someone else so I went to check my order - cancelled.


Did you get an email with the cancellation or just check you status. No email for me yet, and my order still shows up as Payment Status Authorized and Fulfillment Status Unfulfilled.
I'm getting mixed results. I went ahead and created an account and I have three orders A, B & C all with the same status unfulfilled. But if I click the link from the email it says cancelled and only one order. Same nubmer as the three. I'm waiting on a chat now.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010537)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 15th, 2019 @ 11:10am CST
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:I heard that from someone else so I went to check my order - cancelled.


Did you get an email with the cancellation or just check you status. No email for me yet, and my order still shows up as Payment Status Authorized and Fulfillment Status Unfulfilled.
I'm getting mixed results. I went ahead and created an account and I have three orders A, B & C all with the same status unfulfilled. But if I click the link from the email it says cancelled and only one order. Same nubmer as the three. I'm waiting on a chat now.


Random partial order cancellations, well at least Hasbro Pulse hasn't forgotten their HTS roots...
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010545)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 15th, 2019 @ 11:18am CST
And of course they're already presold out on all the Wave 2 deluxes. Just like last time they had Wave 1 up at $9.99 each. It's just HTS with a new name. >:oP
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010548)
Posted by no-one on February 15th, 2019 @ 11:23am CST
Bounti76 wrote:And of course they're already presold out on all the Wave 2 deluxes. Just like last time they had Wave 1 up at $9.99 each. It's just HTS with a new name. >:oP
The sold out listing is also at $19.99.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010590)
Posted by leokearon on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:41pm CST
I wonder if they will ever do international shipping
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010595)
Posted by no-one on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:55pm CST
leokearon wrote:I wonder if they will ever do international shipping
Or have different sites for different regions like amazon and such.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010619)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 15th, 2019 @ 2:43pm CST
leokearon wrote:I wonder if they will ever do international shipping

From HTS, buying a paper clip was 30$ of mandatory FED EX shipping. Add another paper clip and it's 2$ more on top.

So that can give you an idea on how the new store will work.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010638)
Posted by Burn on February 15th, 2019 @ 3:22pm CST
leokearon wrote:I wonder if they will ever do international shipping

Hasbro: LOL. People outside of the US don't buy Transformers you crazy kids!
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010675)
Posted by william-james88 on February 15th, 2019 @ 5:24pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:It's just HTS with a new name. >:oP

When did anyone say otherwise?

Oh and Kanrabat, the shipping is even more ridiculous than before.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010827)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 16th, 2019 @ 12:25pm CST
Kind of funny, after initially having the Siege wave 2 deluxes at $9.99 and correcting that up to $19.99. It now looks like they also "corrected" the Micromaster Rescure Patrol up to $19.99. :shock:

Bur Ravage and Lazerbeak are still $9.99. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010857)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 16th, 2019 @ 2:21pm CST
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/tra ... flage-deco

Megatron selects figure, looks a bit ugly but might grow on me.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2010862)
Posted by william-james88 on February 16th, 2019 @ 2:33pm CST
As we were informed back in November, Combat Hero Megatron in arctic camo colors was going to come as part of the Generations Selects line and now we have official images. It is indeed based on the Siege Megatron mold and features an arctic camo deco, and you can order it RIGHT NOW. It is up on Hasbro's Pulse site for $29.99 USD. It is also available at BBTS for $32.99 USD.

Here is a product description:

Product Description
Limit of 2 per customer.
This 7-inch Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring special edition versions of characters that can’t be found in the main line, like a combat deco’d Megatron. Fans expected it in 1995, and now almost 25 years later, it’s finally happened. Gear up this Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron with awesome weapons. Figure is equipped with a HPR Telescopic Laserstrike Launcher weapon accessory with converting sword and blaster modes and a D50-R35 Fusion Cannon accessory. The 2 weapon accessories mod-lock together to form a larger weapon, the NFM Particle Beam Mega-Launcher. Combat Megatron figure features classic conversion between robot and Cybertronian battle tank modes in 17 steps. Turret rotates 360 degrees in tank mode.

Includes: Voyager Class Decepticon Red Wing figure, 2 weapon accessories, and instructions.

Figure scale: 7 inches

Ages 8 and up


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2011290)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 18th, 2019 @ 7:28pm CST
Hmm, the new look is gonna take some getting used to, but overall it isn't bad. At least they are still doing the same shipping thing, I don't need premium for the free shipping. Especially since I am buying less online now.

I missed Ectotron (got a pre-order locked in on Gamestop though, and it's like $20 more, ugh) but got Megs, so we'll see how my first Hasbro Pulse order goes!
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012043)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 22nd, 2019 @ 6:17pm CST
Was anyone ever able to confirm whether placing a pre-order counted towards getting Premium? I haven't found anything definitive short of placing the order to find out, and I'm not worried enough about having difficulty getting any of them that I necessarily want to pre-order any of the figures without that added incentive.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012046)
Posted by Emerje on February 22nd, 2019 @ 7:03pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:Was anyone ever able to confirm whether placing a pre-order counted towards getting Premium? I haven't found anything definitive short of placing the order to find out, and I'm not worried enough about having difficulty getting any of them that I necessarily want to pre-order any of the figures without that added incentive.

They really should stick something in our account that tells us if we got it or not with renewal dates and all that. I got my Combat Megatron so I know I'm fine, but I don't know if my MP Bluestreak was enough on its own to get in. I feel like I read "any order" somewhere but can't find that anywhere.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012047)
Posted by no-one on February 22nd, 2019 @ 7:10pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:Was anyone ever able to confirm whether placing a pre-order counted towards getting Premium? I haven't found anything definitive short of placing the order to find out, and I'm not worried enough about having difficulty getting any of them that I necessarily want to pre-order any of the figures without that added incentive.
Yes, any order pre or a in-stock before the deadline (2/23 I think) gets you premium till the end of the year. I pre-ordered some Seige deluxe wave 2 figures.

I contacted their customer support and confirmed this.

Hasbro Pulse wrote:Hi carytheone,

We apologize that we got disconnected from our chat. We do show that the orders were split into 3 separate orders because they are pre-orders. We do apologize for any confusion that this may have caused you, and we greatly appreciate your patience. As of right now, this order did qualify you for the Hasbro Pulse Premium membership. If you have any other questions or require additional assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us.
Warm Regards,

Hasbro Pulse
Hasbro Pulse wrote:Hi carytheone,

Thank you very much for getting back to us. Yes, your premium membership is free for the rest of the year. We do not currently have any information on if there will be an auto-billing for a renewal of the membership. However, that information should be provided along with the email with further information about the membership within the next few weeks. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please reach back out to us.
Warm Regards,

Hasbro Pulse


Hope that helps ;)^
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012050)
Posted by Emerje on February 22nd, 2019 @ 7:44pm CST
I wish the paid membership included an incentive figure because $50 a year is asking a lot just to get free shipping a few times. I'd rather hold onto stuff and ship it together for free on TFSource than drop $50 all at once for "free" shipping that I may not get the full benefit of.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012052)
Posted by no-one on February 22nd, 2019 @ 7:54pm CST
Emerje wrote:I wish the paid membership included an incentive figure because $50 a year is asking a lot just to get free shipping a few times. I'd rather hold onto stuff and ship it together for free on TFSource than drop $50 all at once for "free" shipping that I may not get the full benefit of.

Emerje
Well we have a year to figure out if ts worth a shit. I'm interested in the discounts they mentioned. Reminds me of Playstation Plus where YMMV.

So about ten figures/orders would "justify" the membership? Their prices are better than BBTS and they have all the new and current figures. I could see this working out well for people who collect multiple lines or have kids.

Unless some seriously good perks come along I can't see myself paying for a sub. I have a feeling we'll see some Pulse Premium only exclusives before the year is up.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012053)
Posted by no-one on February 22nd, 2019 @ 7:58pm CST
Check it they've pushed the enrollment date back for premium. Not sure if any other wording has changed.

Hasbro Pulse Premium
Want free standard continental U.S. shipping for the balance of 2019? Join Hasbro Pulse Premium. Just make a purchase between now and 2/25/19.* And free shipping isn't all, we have some other perks planned just for our best customers.

Hurry, this offer won't last long! (Starting 2/26/19, there will be a $50 enrollment fee.)

Free standard continental U.S. shipping for the rest of 2019
Monthly Premium-only discounts & flash sales
Other perks throughout the year at select fan conventions & more
Did you place an order and have questions about your Hasbro Pulse Premium status? Don’t worry! We’ll be sending out email confirmations confirming your status by 2/26/19. Make sure you've opted in to marketing emails to receive updates on additional perks/incentives. Thanks for being a fan! (*Continental U.S. Customers Only)

*HASBRO PULSE PREMIUM TERMS
Free standard shipping on orders placed on HasbroPulse.com through December 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST when you make a purchase(s) on HasbroPulse.com between February 15, 2019 and February 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST. Must create and check out with a HasbroPulse.com account to be eligible. Exclusions may apply. No rain checks. Offer not valid on previous orders. Does not apply to HasLab campaigns. Offer valid for shipping in continental U.S. only. Subject to terms of use, HasbroPulse.com shipping and other policies. Must opt-in to marketing emails to receive updates on additional perks/incentives.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012054)
Posted by mordhelm on February 22nd, 2019 @ 8:11pm CST
Not sure if its newsworh but check out the little note you get from Warden for buyin G2 Megs.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012207)
Posted by william-james88 on February 24th, 2019 @ 2:21pm CST
Pulse launched last week and one of the concerns was how this may be a threat to retailers who sell Hasbro items. It came up in the investors presentation with the following question from Eric Handler:
I am intrigued by go to market pulse initiative. How do you balance being a global consumer products company with thousands or retail doors and how do you balance that in terms of not threatening those retailers with the go to consumer initiative.


To which Hasbro replied the following:

We have a unique take about how to approach and connect with our fans.
As everyone knows we have hundreds of thousands of doors around the world, our offering is really broad. When you look at what we are doing with Pulse, it's really a content and product initiative targeted at the fan economy. Its increasing our direct relation with consumers but in a very focused way and it will give us an opportunity to test and learn many things we can then bring to our partners globally. It's really not meant to be taking something for ourselves. It is allowing us to be the tip of the spear to foster these relationships and what we learn from this interaction will be shared with our partners around the world.


The quote above includes some shortening and it can be full heard slightly past the 2 hour mark of their investor presentation which can be heard here.

This definitely answers a few questions fans had. The fact that this is more fan focused than Hasbro Toy Shop would explain why toys like Cyberverse have not moved over to Pulse.

From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article) is significant enough to warrant investing in an interface to serve fans but not big enough for Walmart or Target to fear any loss in sales from Hasbro selling directly.

We could have guessed that, but it was fun to have at least one question that's been asked openly on these boards before answered by Hasbro's top executives.

Also, for those looking for a mission statement for both Pulse and the new Studio Select line, John Letter wrote a letter that was sent along with the new Voyager Combat Hero Megatron. You can read it below:

Image
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012225)
Posted by Bucky on February 24th, 2019 @ 4:29pm CST
Just curious, but did anyone else who ordered the next wave of Siege Deluxes from Hasbropulse, when they were $9.99 notice that their order suddenly changed? Up until today, mine was all fine and dandy, but now on my HP account my order has been split into four separate orders, states that the orders were placed on the 22nd of February (which is well after I ordered them), and says that they’re $19.99 each.

I just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else, before I try contacting Hasbropulse to ask what’s up, and to let people know that it might be an issue. In case people weren’t aware.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012227)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 24th, 2019 @ 4:43pm CST
Bucky wrote:Just curious, but did anyone else who ordered the next wave of Siege Deluxes from Hasbropulse, when they were $9.99 notice that their order suddenly changed? Up until today, mine was all fine and dandy, but now on my HP account my order has been split into four separate orders, states that the orders were placed on the 22nd of February (which is well after I ordered them), and says that they’re $19.99 each.

I just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else, before I try contacting Hasbropulse to ask what’s up, and to let people know that it might be an issue. In case people weren’t aware.


Hmm, that is weird. I ordered back when they were $9.99 too and my order was split up almost immediately. They are all still $9.99 on my current order status.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012230)
Posted by Bucky on February 24th, 2019 @ 4:51pm CST
It is weird, but I’m hoping it’s just a fluke. That I’m the only one this happened to, and that it’s an easy fix. I already put an email into their customer service.

I know that they were still in one order, and much more importantly were still at $9.99 each on my account when I said “to Hell with it” and ordered SS Jetfire on the 19th from HasbroPulse.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012234)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 24th, 2019 @ 5:17pm CST
Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012235)
Posted by Burn on February 24th, 2019 @ 5:28pm CST
william-james88 wrote:From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article)

ummm...what?
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012241)
Posted by Emerje on February 24th, 2019 @ 6:16pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?

What part about using the information they gather from Pulse to help improve the way things are handled at retail make you think they're going to pull Generations from retail? If anything I read this as better things coming from Generations at retail in the next 5 years.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012253)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 24th, 2019 @ 6:53pm CST
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article)

ummm...what?

I think Willy-J had a few before writing the article. ;) :lol:
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012265)
Posted by Easy Tiger on February 24th, 2019 @ 8:11pm CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article)

ummm...what?

I think Willy-J had a few before writing the article. ;) :lol:


Maybe it's because we all speak fluent American? Y'all.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012285)
Posted by Burn on February 24th, 2019 @ 9:49pm CST
Easy Tiger wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article)

ummm...what?

I think Willy-J had a few before writing the article. ;) :lol:

Maybe it's because we all speak fluent American? Y'all.

Ironically, he's from Quebec.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012302)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 25th, 2019 @ 1:50am CST
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?

What part about using the information they gather from Pulse to help improve the way things are handled at retail make you think they're going to pull Generations from retail? If anything I read this as better things coming from Generations at retail in the next 5 years.

Emerje


The fact that mainline lines like Cyberverse and the Bumblebee movie line aren't going to be on pulse. I can see a world where the TV/Movie lives are in stores but the more collector driven stuff is found online. This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012304)
Posted by Burn on February 25th, 2019 @ 2:32am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.

This right here. Unless you've got a kid with you, you're automatically branded a creep.

And some are.

But most aren't.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012358)
Posted by cruizerdave on February 25th, 2019 @ 1:36pm CST
This whole Pulse thing seems like a bad deal. Give us $50 cuz, and we'll give you some crappy repaints you can pay for, but free shipping!
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?

What part about using the information they gather from Pulse to help improve the way things are handled at retail make you think they're going to pull Generations from retail? If anything I read this as better things coming from Generations at retail in the next 5 years.

Emerje

This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.


Then they best stop selling action figures, because that's who buys them. Kids aren't interested. Adults have driven the action figure industry for the past two decades. Why else would Hasbro bring us such obscure stuff from 30 years ago as redos of Slugslinger, the Duocons or the stinking Jumpstarters. Kids are not interested in any of that.

Also, most retailers seem to have a hard time keeping the CHUG stuff in stock, while the movie stuff clogs shelves for months at a time until it's cleared out on clearance.

And it's not just Transformers. Who buys their kids $20 Black Series or Marvel Legends figures? No one. Or those stupid Pop figures that cover everything 80s? Kids are not buying action figures. If it bothers them that adult collectors on in their stores, they shouldn't stock the stuff adult collectors buy.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012369)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 25th, 2019 @ 2:49pm CST
cruizerdave wrote:This whole Pulse thing seems like a bad deal. Give us $50 cuz, and we'll give you some crappy repaints you can pay for, but free shipping!
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?

What part about using the information they gather from Pulse to help improve the way things are handled at retail make you think they're going to pull Generations from retail? If anything I read this as better things coming from Generations at retail in the next 5 years.

Emerje

This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.


Then they best stop selling action figures, because that's who buys them. Kids aren't interested. Adults have driven the action figure industry for the past two decades. Why else would Hasbro bring us such obscure stuff from 30 years ago as redos of Slugslinger, the Duocons or the stinking Jumpstarters. Kids are not interested in any of that.

Also, most retailers seem to have a hard time keeping the CHUG stuff in stock, while the movie stuff clogs shelves for months at a time until it's cleared out on clearance.

And it's not just Transformers. Who buys their kids $20 Black Series or Marvel Legends figures? No one. Or those stupid Pop figures that cover everything 80s? Kids are not buying action figures. If it bothers them that adult collectors on in their stores, they shouldn't stock the stuff adult collectors buy.

Amazing! Everything you’ve just said, is wrong.

Kids frikkin love Marvel Legends, and they frikkin love building the BAFs.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012373)
Posted by Emerje on February 25th, 2019 @ 3:12pm CST
There's a lot of adult collectibles sold in the toy aisles that kids also buy, not just Generations. And half of them are made by Hasbro. Aside from what's been mentioned there's also WWE and DC figures from Mattel and some of the current and upcoming Power Rangers figures from Bandai and Hasbro and the Dragon Ball Super stuff among other things. There's zero reason to think Generations and Studio Series would be singled out with all these other $20-range action figures that aren't impulse friendly like the sub-$15 stuff.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012380)
Posted by Burn on February 25th, 2019 @ 4:25pm CST
Every time this topic of conversation comes up I have to say ... we don't actually know what demographic is buying those toys in the aisles.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012383)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 25th, 2019 @ 4:46pm CST
Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.

This right here. Unless you've got a kid with you, you're automatically branded a creep.

And some are.

But most aren't.


I used to tell myself that the moms were checking me out when they were looking at me, they weren't :(
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012384)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 25th, 2019 @ 4:53pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.

This right here. Unless you've got a kid with you, you're automatically branded a creep.

And some are.

But most aren't.


I used to tell myself that the moms were checking me out when they were looking at me, they weren't :(


I actually never had that problem here in Texas. I guess it's because I tend to wear my Transformers hoodies, Zelda hoodie or 80's pop culture shirts most of the time, branding me a man-child... that or my wife is usually with me :lol:
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012475)
Posted by no-one on February 26th, 2019 @ 3:49pm CST
On the subject of being or feeling like a creeper while in the toy section. I can say that I've never noticed any weird looks from other shoppers, employees or cashiers. Doesn't mean they weren't happening. I used to feel weird lurking around, but I got over it. Most of this is internal perception.

On the "recognized collector demographic" front, I got this email from Hasbro Pulse. I've only ordered the Siege wave 2 deluxes.

HPP_Official.jpg


Anyone else get one?
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012476)
Posted by Emerje on February 26th, 2019 @ 3:54pm CST
carytheone wrote:Anyone else get one?

Yep, about half an hour ago.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012477)
Posted by no-one on February 26th, 2019 @ 3:58pm CST
Emerje wrote:
carytheone wrote:Anyone else get one?
Yep, about half an hour ago.

Emerje
They should send out bracelets.

Image
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012479)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on February 26th, 2019 @ 4:07pm CST
carytheone wrote:
Emerje wrote:
carytheone wrote:Anyone else get one?
Yep, about half an hour ago.

Emerje
They should send out bracelets.

Image

I too am a part of this fictitious bracelet club, I preordered KSI Boss because I don't want to miss out on that mold again.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012487)
Posted by Burn on February 26th, 2019 @ 4:55pm CST
I'm suddenly glad I live in Australia so I can't be part of this bracelet club. Image
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012489)
Posted by no-one on February 26th, 2019 @ 4:57pm CST
Burn wrote:I'm suddenly glad I live in Australia so I can't be part of this bracelet club. Image
Like it or not, you're an honorary member now.

Image

What color you want? Wearing it on your ankle also counts.
Re: Hasbro Pulse is the New HastroToyShop with Preorders on New MPs, Siege and More (2012490)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 26th, 2019 @ 5:21pm CST
carytheone wrote:On the subject of being or feeling like a creeper while in the toy section. I can say that I've never noticed any weird looks from other shoppers, employees or cashiers. Doesn't mean they weren't happening. I used to feel weird lurking around, but I got over it. Most of this is internal perception.

On the "recognized collector demographic" front, I got this email from Hasbro Pulse. I've only ordered the Siege wave 2 deluxes.

HPP_Official.jpg


Anyone else get one?


Got mine like an hour ago too. I seriously doubt they'll offer anything that would make me want to sign up for it next year.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #82 Cheetah DC Comics 2019 (w) Orlando (ca) Albuquerque AUG190635"
WONDER WOMAN #82 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #144 Cvr D DC Comics 2024 1223DC015 144D (CA) Scalera (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #144 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTWING #97 DC Comics 2004 (CA) McDaniel + Owens (W) Grayson 230915A"
NIGHTWING #97 DC C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #29 DC Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Wagner 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 JAN233230 2G (W) Williamson (CA) Rahzzah"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #502 DC Comics 1993 (CA) Jones (W) Moench (A) Manley 230915A"
BATMAN #502 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 NOV223375 131A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez 231117B"
BATMAN #131 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #436 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915A"
BATMAN #436 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #76 V5 YOTV Dark Gifts DC Comics 2019 (ca) Merino JUN190546"
WONDER WOMAN #76 V ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr E 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0323DC083 1055E (CA) Barrionuevo"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 JAN233225 2B (W) Williamson (CA) Daniel"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0923DC071 139D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Deodato Jr"
BATMAN #139 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC197 1073B (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC211 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON