Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior

Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior

Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 9:11am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 50,018

Our dear friends of Headrobots, the 3rd party toy company famous for their Cobra Headmaster and the recent HotHead set, have given us an update concerning their newest and deadliest upgrade set yet!
The newest upgrade set is entitled "Blood, The Dark Warrior" and just like the last Blood set, this is Bludgeon, in this case Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Class Bludgeon!
Here's what they have told and shown us.

headrobots wrote:The blood upgrade kit has two heads built into one, by just rotating the head and putting the helmet back on you get a different face! Blood's two blades will be rigid ABS plastic that will be chrome plated in a tough, durable finish. The proportions for the swords are more realistic as well as the tank turret in tank mode!

Pictures are of a prototype! The swords are just painted for pictures, the final product will be chrome-plated.

Pre-order links will be up soon. Cost will be around $16.95 :D

Credit(s): Headrobots

This article was last modified on Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 3:01pm CST

Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155078)
Posted by Anonymous on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:17am CST
Someone say chrome plated swords? *makes it rain with a stack of ones*
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155081)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:20am CST
As soon as this set goes up for preorder, I'll be all over it!
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155082)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:24am CST
Counterpunch wrote:For the price, that's a good deal.

Now, do you have to disassemble the head to transform?

Doesn't look like it.

I like the look of the IDW face, but it makes his head look a little small. I'll probably stick with the original. Still a cool idea/design though.
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155084)
Posted by It Is Him on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:24am CST
In concept and price, this set is perfect! I can't wait to see this kit painted. Thanks Headrobots!

And for those who don't have Bludgeon yet: Toys 'R Us is your hookup.
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155088)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:33am CST
And to think I almost ordered that set from shapeways to get swords, this one's far better and cheaper!
Man I can't wait. :D
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155090)
Posted by mellowshade on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:34am CST
Does this mean that the original purpose of this head, the Bludgeon/Whirl two pack upgrade, is now cancelled? I don't see pictures of it on the headrobots site anymore :-(

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... yro/18958/
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155091)
Posted by Crisdecal on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:34am CST
It's cool. Lucky for me I bought him while he was on the shelves. I'll probably buy the kit because of the price. I'm just wondering when the hell Headrobots are going to start releasing the Japanese concept art Headmasters again? I bought the snake guy in 2 colors and have been impatiently waiting for the other heads ever since I saw the art for the other unreleased headmasters.
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155092)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:36am CST
C'mon Preorder!
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155095)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:44am CST

A few questions remain:

1. How will this be attaching to Metalikato Bludgeon? Which accessories will he be able to use, aside from the head?

2. Wasn't this supposed to come out with the Gyro set for Metalikato Whirl, is that still the case or will they be released separately?
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155096)
Posted by Blackstreak on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:46am CST
I have this action figure. Tend to use it w/ my classics but it's awesome. I am entertaining the idea of getting this alternate head simply because it is better proportioned.
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155099)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:57am CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Looking great! I'll be getting 2 sets as usual! Love the IDW face, the jawless look is great! I like the barrel storage on his turret backpack when transformed, clever.

A few questions remain:

No this is a different one made for the Voyager mold. The other set has already been released as far as I know.
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155110)
Posted by Hal7300 on December 8th, 2010 @ 10:11am CST
Dead Metal wrote: The other set has already been released as far as I know.

Really? Where??
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155111)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 8th, 2010 @ 10:11am CST
Am I the only one who thinks that head, regardless of the face, looks really silly with that body? I do like the idea of a head that makes ROTF Bludgeon look more like a Neo-G1, but this just looks weird...
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155116)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on December 8th, 2010 @ 10:22am CST
This looks very promising. Especially for the price. I've never bought a 3rd Party product before, but this might change that. I'd love to have an even more BA looking Bludgeon standing next to Megatron and my other "Decepticon Generals"
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155118)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2010 @ 10:28am CST
Jimmy Drift wrote:
Dead Metal wrote: The other set has already been released as far as I know.

Really? Where??

Strange, it's as if it never existed, all the places I've checked don't list it, they don't even have a pre-order page. the Hell I was sure that it was released.
I never really stayed up to date with it as I couldn't find the figures any more.

I hope this new one does come out it's too cool not to.
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155119)
Posted by thunderjacker on December 8th, 2010 @ 10:44am CST
this is crap. what happened to the bludgeon/whirl kit? that was much cooler. i actually went out and bought that two pack after i saw the photos; voyager blugeon doesn't need a new head. the wreckage mold is a great one and deserving of an upgrade as well is whirl's....especially whirl's. what happened?....fail!...fail, i said!!!!
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155120)
Posted by The Legend on December 8th, 2010 @ 10:55am CST
headrobots wrote:Image

That pic is ace. That forearm armour would really be a great extra.
I hope the Whirl upgrade does get released though I'm not bothered about Bludgeon as this one fits much better.
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155128)
Posted by Agamemnon on December 8th, 2010 @ 11:25am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Jimmy Drift wrote:
Dead Metal wrote: The other set has already been released as far as I know.

Really? Where??

I hope this new one does come out it's too cool not to.

I pre-ordered the 2 piece set with Whirl head. I haven't received the parts yet, so I don't think it's been released. But I also no longer see it as a pre-order in any of the places I normally order from. Strange. I don't remember reading a cancellation notification. Well, there's $13 I blew on the two-pack. Was really only interested for the alternate heads... :-?
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155144)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 8th, 2010 @ 12:07pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Jimmy Drift wrote:
Dead Metal wrote: The other set has already been released as far as I know.

Really? Where??

I hope this new one does come out it's too cool not to.

Where did you preorder them?
Re: Headrobots: Blood, The Dark Warrior (1155148)
Posted by Requiem Prime on December 8th, 2010 @ 12:19pm CST
This will be a great set. I look forward to it.

I just wish we got some official notice they weren't doing the Blood+Gyro set. I didn't really want them until I saw their product and figured I'd get ahead of needing them off the secondhand market. Now I have a pair of bots with molds I never really liked.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 64 Cliff jumper Bumblebee Movie" on EBAY