HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update

HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update

Friday, March 11th, 2011 9:59pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,312

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

If you missed out on the preorder for Headrobots upgrade to ROTF Whirl, Gyro, you've got another chance. Due to the unexpectedly quick sell out Headrobots has decided make more sets available. The preorder is set to reopen tonight at midnight. The preorder at MegaToyFan will be open for three days with a limit of one per customer.

Image

In other Master of Metallikato news, the DLX Blood upgrade for Whirl's rival in the set, Deluxe Bludgeon, will be produced. The set will be hand crafted with exception of the head and helmet, and mass released. No word on when this set will be available.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Credit(s): Headrobots


This article was last modified on Saturday, March 12th, 2011 1:30am CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1193870)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 12th, 2011 @ 1:27am CST
I really wish the base molds these are intended for weren't so awful. I was really interested in these. I'm really interested to see what else these guys have in the works beyond the voyager Bludgeon kit.
:BOT:
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1193876)
Posted by LiKwid on March 12th, 2011 @ 2:04am CST
ShardFenix wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Pr1meSuspect wrote:They'll be lucky to sell all 100, that seems like a total ripoff to me.


They are now out of stock. That took less than 24 hours so I guess they were pretty lucky.


To be honest selling 100 isnt surprising. The attitude in that post is what gets me. And I really only wanted the blood upgrade for deluxe bludgeon


Shows in stock for me..Im only intrested in the Bludgeon kit..I picked up the MoM set for 1- bucks at a tru going out of business sale, Hell i'll try it on my deluxe wreckage too, just to see how it looksThat is, if it comes out this year :P
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1193878)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 12th, 2011 @ 2:20am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:I really wish the base molds these are intended for weren't so awful.


Dunno what you're on about. These are decent TF figures. The only thing I didn't like about the Wreckage mold was the boring vehicle mode but these addons turn into a far cooler looking tank sorta thing than some actual Hasbro stuff I could mention lately (the crap tank mode on the recent Warpath figure for one). I'm not bothered about Whirl cos I just never thought the character had any appeal whatsoever. I'm tempted to get a Deluxe Bludgeon to get these addons even though I already own the superb Voyager Bludgeon (and am waiting for the upgrade kit for that too, it said released in March, when in March, wheeeen?)
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1193910)
Posted by ShardFenix on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:53am CST
The Wreckage/Bludgeon mold is great I think, especially in robot mode. Whirl is lacking mostly do to serious mold degradation. He will probably get replaced by Skyhammer as my new Whirl when that figure comes out.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1193925)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 12th, 2011 @ 5:28am CST
LiKwid wrote:
ShardFenix wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Pr1meSuspect wrote:They'll be lucky to sell all 100, that seems like a total ripoff to me.


They are now out of stock. That took less than 24 hours so I guess they were pretty lucky.


To be honest selling 100 isnt surprising. The attitude in that post is what gets me. And I really only wanted the blood upgrade for deluxe bludgeon


Shows in stock for me..Im only intrested in the Bludgeon kit..I picked up the MoM set for 1- bucks at a tru going out of business sale, Hell i'll try it on my deluxe wreckage too, just to see how it looksThat is, if it comes out this year :P


They opened a pre-order for another 100 or so after the first 100 sold out in less than a day.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1193937)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 12th, 2011 @ 6:53am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:I really wish the base molds these are intended for weren't so awful.


Dunno what you're on about. These are decent TF figures.

Bludgeon was a floppy mess right out of the box. His transformation gimmick in the chest prevents him from staying in bot mode if you make any attempt to play with it. The leg panels don't lock or tab in anywhere leaving them to flop around too. The figure couldn't hold his own weight before falling over due to loose ball joints in the hips. That's enough to make me think that one's garbage since that covers pretty much everything I want in a bot mode. Wanna talk Whirl? Head, too tiny. The new head being roughly the same size isn't gonna fix that. His whole removable back assembly is a nightmare of engineering that makes him back heavy. Leg/feet panels that again, don't really lock in anywhere. His raft/gun that fell apart when I took it out of the package and couldn't stay locked in the storage area for it didn't make me happy either. To top it off, he was missing pieces which made it easier for me to return. Those figures were crap for me and I wish they were better. I'd like to keep supporting these guys since I like the work they do. That's what I'm on about.
:BOT:
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194033)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 12th, 2011 @ 11:14am CST
That upgrade does look good on that Bludgeon. I really want that mold too, so maybe...

I am loving Bludgeons head though, and the swords. Really cool looking.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194042)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 11:39am CST
I did not realize Blood will come with upgrades for the vehicle mode!! Awesome +5
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194074)
Posted by El Duque on March 12th, 2011 @ 1:42pm CST
ShardFenix wrote:The Wreckage/Bludgeon mold is great I think, especially in robot mode. Whirl is lacking mostly do to serious mold degradation. He will probably get replaced by Skyhammer as my new Whirl when that figure comes out.


Wonder if there's any chance Gyro will fit onto Skyhammer?
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194080)
Posted by ShardFenix on March 12th, 2011 @ 2:01pm CST
El Duque wrote:
ShardFenix wrote:The Wreckage/Bludgeon mold is great I think, especially in robot mode. Whirl is lacking mostly do to serious mold degradation. He will probably get replaced by Skyhammer as my new Whirl when that figure comes out.


Wonder if there's any chance Gyro will fit onto Skyhammer?


i would awesome the weapons would and skyhammer does has the 5mm mechtech ports on each engine and under his wings. The head i dont know, skyhammer is a ball joint so depending on what system this head uses we will see.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194083)
Posted by El Duque on March 12th, 2011 @ 2:05pm CST
ShardFenix wrote:
El Duque wrote:
ShardFenix wrote:The Wreckage/Bludgeon mold is great I think, especially in robot mode. Whirl is lacking mostly do to serious mold degradation. He will probably get replaced by Skyhammer as my new Whirl when that figure comes out.


Wonder if there's any chance Gyro will fit onto Skyhammer?


i would awesome the weapons would and skyhammer does has the 5mm mechtech ports on each engine and under his wings. The head i dont know, skyhammer is a ball joint so depending on what system this head uses we will see.


I can't recall how Whirl/Blackout's head is attached, and all my movie figures are is storage.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194100)
Posted by ShardFenix on March 12th, 2011 @ 2:53pm CST
Well its only motion is swiveling...but its a full 360 so it could be a balljoint? the shape of the head doesnt allow for up or down movement so i cant be sure.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194204)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 12th, 2011 @ 8:10pm CST
Pre-ordered my Whirl :grin: I already have the voyager Bludgeon upgrade ordered, but I am definitely going to grab the deluxe one as well since you have to be a deluxe to be "in scale" anymore.

Flux Convoy wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:I really wish the base molds these are intended for weren't so awful.


Dunno what you're on about. These are decent TF figures.

Bludgeon was a floppy mess right out of the box. His transformation gimmick in the chest prevents him from staying in bot mode if you make any attempt to play with it. The leg panels don't lock or tab in anywhere leaving them to flop around too. The figure couldn't hold his own weight before falling over due to loose ball joints in the hips. That's enough to make me think that one's garbage since that covers pretty much everything I want in a bot mode.


My voyager Bludgeon wasn't floppy but I do have complaints about the mold. One being the feet which cannot be fixed with the upgrade. The other being that horrible head. #-o And HR seems to have a good answer for that.
El Duque wrote:
ShardFenix wrote:The Wreckage/Bludgeon mold is great I think, especially in robot mode. Whirl is lacking mostly do to serious mold degradation. He will probably get replaced by Skyhammer as my new Whirl when that figure comes out.


Wonder if there's any chance Gyro will fit onto Skyhammer?


I've been wondering about this as well. But, after looking at pictures of Blackout/Whirl, i fear that the head isn't on a ball joint.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194281)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on March 13th, 2011 @ 4:25am CDT
i wonder if a wreckage-colours repaint of the kit will be made (that is minus the head)
if so, that would be epic.
do they ship to teh uk?
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194299)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 13th, 2011 @ 6:03am CDT
ArmadaPrime wrote:i wonder if a wreckage-colours repaint of the kit will be made (that is minus the head)
if so, that would be epic.
do they ship to teh uk?


If they are doing a limited run resin kit for Blood like they are doing for Gyro then I highly doubt it. It sounds like we are lucky with getting the Blood version much less a repaint.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194335)
Posted by El Duque on March 13th, 2011 @ 10:39am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:i wonder if a wreckage-colours repaint of the kit will be made (that is minus the head)
if so, that would be epic.
do they ship to teh uk?


If they are doing a limited run resin kit for Blood like they are doing for Gyro then I highly doubt it. It sounds like we are lucky with getting the Blood version much less a repaint.


According to Headrobots the Blood DLX set will be a mass release.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194345)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 13th, 2011 @ 11:13am CDT
El Duque wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:i wonder if a wreckage-colours repaint of the kit will be made (that is minus the head)
if so, that would be epic.
do they ship to teh uk?


If they are doing a limited run resin kit for Blood like they are doing for Gyro then I highly doubt it. It sounds like we are lucky with getting the Blood version much less a repaint.


According to Headrobots the Blood DLX set will be a mass release.


Must have missed that part. I wonder why it is so hard for them to mass produce both in a set then?
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194358)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 13th, 2011 @ 11:51am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
El Duque wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:i wonder if a wreckage-colours repaint of the kit will be made (that is minus the head)
if so, that would be epic.
do they ship to teh uk?


If they are doing a limited run resin kit for Blood like they are doing for Gyro then I highly doubt it. It sounds like we are lucky with getting the Blood version much less a repaint.


According to Headrobots the Blood DLX set will be a mass release.


Must have missed that part. I wonder why it is so hard for them to mass produce both in a set then?



I have no idea. I would be more willing to buy this as a set. I wish they would make more Headmasters like their Hardhead upgrade. I love mine!
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194364)
Posted by El Duque on March 13th, 2011 @ 12:12pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
El Duque wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:i wonder if a wreckage-colours repaint of the kit will be made (that is minus the head)
if so, that would be epic.
do they ship to teh uk?


If they are doing a limited run resin kit for Blood like they are doing for Gyro then I highly doubt it. It sounds like we are lucky with getting the Blood version much less a repaint.


According to Headrobots the Blood DLX set will be a mass release.


Must have missed that part. I wonder why it is so hard for them to mass produce both in a set then?


Good question. Seems like releasing them both in a set would be the way to go since the figures they upgrade came in as a set.
Re: HeadRobots Gyro and DLX Blood Update (1194708)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 14th, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
El Duque wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
El Duque wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:i wonder if a wreckage-colours repaint of the kit will be made (that is minus the head)
if so, that would be epic.
do they ship to teh uk?


If they are doing a limited run resin kit for Blood like they are doing for Gyro then I highly doubt it. It sounds like we are lucky with getting the Blood version much less a repaint.


According to Headrobots the Blood DLX set will be a mass release.


Must have missed that part. I wonder why it is so hard for them to mass produce both in a set then?


Good question. Seems like releasing them both in a set would be the way to go since the figures they upgrade came in as a set.


Agreed.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
Twincast / Podcast #274:
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner wars Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Kidrobot Transformers vs. GI Joe Vinyl Lot Snake Eyes, Destro, Scarlet +++" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse: Turbine Thrash Windblade Scout Class New in Package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Hasbro Pulse Exclusive Centurion Drone" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 Transformers G1 Aerialbot AIR RAID TORQUE RIFLE Weapon Nice Shape" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Figurines Megatron Optimus Prime Autobot Alpha Trion (0023)" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY