HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro

HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro

Saturday, June 19th, 2010 6:39pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 50,029

Last year there was a Toys'R'Us two pack that was a rather uninteresting shelfwarmer, the Masters of Metallikato set. Third party HeadRobots have decided that both Whirl and Bludgeon need some pimping out. They're releasing upgrades for the set, 'Gyro' for Whirl, and 'Blood' for Bludgeon. As you are about to see, HeadRobots is trying to turn Whirl into Generation One Whirl, and Bludgeon into Generation One Bludgeon. Check out the concepts below.

Get the Masters of Metallikato set while you can!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): HeadRobots

This article was last modified on Saturday, June 19th, 2010 9:34pm CDT

Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088243)
Posted by HighPrime on June 19th, 2010 @ 6:43pm CDT
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088249)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on June 19th, 2010 @ 7:06pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:Awesome! ...and another shelf-warmer (that I actually like and bought when first released) that will suddenly become very popular :)

Makes you wonder if TRU didn't commission these suckers under the table... ;)
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088255)
Posted by Forgotten on June 19th, 2010 @ 7:23pm CDT
Could care less about the Whirl upgrade. That Bludgeon upgrade is AWESOME! I wish they would do the second "blood" set in scale for voyager Bludgeon. It would be, to me, probably the best upgrade of this year.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088258)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 19th, 2010 @ 7:54pm CDT
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088261)
Posted by Mr O on June 19th, 2010 @ 7:58pm CDT
UK folks take note! This set (Whirl and Bludgeon) is £9.99 in Home Bargains. I didn't want it either but it was impossible to resist at that price, I actually felt like I was saving money(?). This upgrade will give me an excuse to open them.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088263)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 19th, 2010 @ 8:00pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:Are these guys gonna be reverse-compatible to the G1 Headmasters, the way Hothead is? Because if so these are guys I'm gonna end up getting as well...

I don't think these are headmasters, I think they are just new heads. The G1 whirl and bludgeon were not headmasters.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088264)
Posted by Stockade on June 19th, 2010 @ 8:02pm CDT
And just think i was getting ready to sell Whirl and Bludgeon, but now i'm reconsidering after seeing this...
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088274)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 19th, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
Well that's pretty cool. Movie-verse getting some third party love. Guess I better go pick up one of the twenty or so two packs left on clearance at my local TRU :grin:
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088278)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 19th, 2010 @ 9:20pm CDT
Cool, but these pics leave it unclear exactly what the set will include. So, 'Blood' will come with 2 Bludgeon heads, for the options of G1 or IDW looks? Maybe a better sword with scabbard for him as well? I doubt the heads will be compatible with their original toys, but that would sell this upgrade even to fans who'll still pass on the MofM 2-pack.

Maybe it'll have a stand so you can put the unused head on display, like Megatron did TFG2#6!

And since the Voyager Bludgeon was mentioned, is there some trick to getting the big sword into his hand without scratching the handle/barrel up? I'd like to be able to do that more than give him an upgrade.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088284)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 19th, 2010 @ 9:38pm CDT
This set was actually tempting ... if I didn't already have Voyager Bludgeon and 07 Blackout. As nice as these heads are they just do not sell me the Metallikido sets.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088286)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 19th, 2010 @ 9:47pm CDT
Unicronic wrote:

i know. bludgeon was a pretender. whirl i'm not so familiar with, though. (but there's a link to pics, so i had a look.)

should have had a look the intended figures to begin with. those heads are a bit small to be headmaster heads... (frankly, i'm not even sure how whirl's gonna work...) bummer, because these would be interesting heads if they could have went that route.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088291)
Posted by LiKwid on June 19th, 2010 @ 10:17pm CDT

Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088294)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on June 19th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CDT
The Bludgeon head on the second row (the more orange one) had empty spaces for the eyes and mouth, so this will fit over the original head instead of replacing it?

Or am I just seeing things? lol

Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088300)
Posted by Seibertron on June 19th, 2010 @ 11:15pm CDT
That's awesome. Just ended the auction for my extra set that I had up on eBay. Maybe I'll open that set just yet now. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... FP:US:1123
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088303)
Posted by Z3ROhour on June 19th, 2010 @ 11:31pm CDT
how much?

need!

ROTF Bludgeon Tank version &

Tomahawk
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088313)
Posted by Blurrz on June 20th, 2010 @ 12:55am CDT
LiKwid wrote:I ask this because of the link to the MoM set and the image of voyager bludgeon next to the image of the blood headmaster...

This is for Deluxe Bludgeon. That image next to he heads is not Voyager Blud, you can see the wheels which signal the Wreckage repaint.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088316)
Posted by soundwave1994 on June 20th, 2010 @ 1:43am CDT
LiKwid wrote:So wait im confused..The master of metalikato set had a delxue figure called bludgeon and this year a tank called bludgeon was released..So is this headmaster for the deluxe Bludgeon or the voyager? There 2 different figures I thought... #-o

the head is for the deluxe version the reason there is 2 figres is that if i remember correctly the armoured transport bludgeon had a fight with whirl and got badly injured so they rebuilt him as the tank bludgeon but i atually bought that set yesterday in my local toys r us in the ukfr 9.99 which i thought was a bargain i really like the bludgeon from the set i havent got the other one i hope to get it soon though
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088317)
Posted by Mkall on June 20th, 2010 @ 1:58am CDT
Don't really need the Bludgeon set, but I'll take Whirl in a heartbeat.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088319)
Posted by Frostic_Prime on June 20th, 2010 @ 2:09am CDT
I was guessing that there are two different Blood heads for the two different Bludgeon head.
Re: HeadRobots New Creations: Blood and Gyro (1088328)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 20th, 2010 @ 3:38am CDT
Weird. I was actually one of the few people who wanted this set. I even sold my Wreckage figure after replacing it with the Bludgeon. And I have both Bludgeons because the Voyager one serves as my Classics version. Yet I don't really feel like this set is necessary. I don't think the Whirl head will fit the Movie aesthetics of the body at all, and Bludgeon's head is already pretty skull-like as it is. I dunno, I guess if I see actual images and it looks really cool I may consider it, but otherwise...nah.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY