How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime?

How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime?

Thursday, October 18th, 2007 6:27am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 42,541

Do you have a CDL? Do you have a large garage? Got some spare cash laying around? How about $45,000.00 or more? That's what the current bid is on Ebay Motors for a custom built Optimus Prime Peterbilt Semi Tractor. This thing is truly a work of art and has all kinds of customized goodies on the inside!

Click here to see a full gallery on the auction (and bid on it if you got the cash!). Just imagine how cool you will be to have your own Optimus Prime sitting in your driveway! If you are going to bid, you have 4 days left as of this news post.

Credit(s): Fender Bender, eBay.com

Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408270)
Posted by An_de on October 18th, 2007 @ 6:36am CDT
WOW! Hehe! Only one thing to say - AMAIZING :D
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408274)
Posted by The Time Traveller on October 18th, 2007 @ 6:44am CDT
Holy Shit, thats amazing.

I've DREAMED of seeing something like this done, It was inevitable.
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408281)
Posted by bumblebee77 on October 18th, 2007 @ 6:50am CDT
I need that to park next to my Bumblebee!
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408298)
Posted by Unicron Singularity on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:11am CDT
bumblebee77 wrote:I need that to park next to my Bumblebee!

HOLY SHIT :shock: =P~ =P~

Nice car :D all shiny and looking like it just came off the assembly line ^^
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408307)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:22am CDT
...but why'd he have to put FLAMES on it, that's what I'd like to know!

...sorry, couldn't resist :-)
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408337)
Posted by Mkall on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:53am CDT
hmmm... well, that would set me back a year's pay
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408340)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:56am CDT
I'd rather get a red FreightLiner, cut it up, then build a lifesize G1 Prime. All I need is land, time, money...

Yep all the things I don't have!
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408365)
Posted by Briggs on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:30am CDT
ID HAVE MY HONEY MOON IN THERE!!!!
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408376)
Posted by Iron Prime on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:44am CDT
Wow that'd be sweet! :shock:

I wonder how much it'll go for? A brand new Peterbuilt with a CAT engine is over $250,000....
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408382)
Posted by SnipeShade on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:48am CDT
that is SWEET! :O And the interior. HOLY COW!
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408402)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:08am CDT
That's just unbearably cool. Watch, the dude's gonna take part of the winnings and whip up a customized Peterbilt Ultra Magnus...
;p
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408408)
Posted by pt206 on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:11am CDT
Iron Prime wrote:Wow that'd be sweet! :shock:

Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408427)
Posted by Iron Prime on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:29am CDT
pt206 wrote:I'm interested to see if it hits his reserve and what his reserve is set at though. The truck is a 94 with no listing of mileage. That truck could have been easily put together as it is for less than 65k.

Ah, I hadn't looked the listing details (not supposed to be on eBay at work) and assumed it was new. :oops:
So yeah, a used 94 would be "cheap". He could have just taken a pressure washer to the engine to clean it up. But all that paint and interior work cost him some money - I wonder how much he did himself?

pt206 wrote:Incorrect. We just replaced twelve units with new 2008 389's and they were less than half that each.

LOL - I see the problem. Someday I'll learn to proof read before click submit. Supposed to be $150,000. I was still wrong with that, but not as wrong. :grin:

What engines are in the new ones you just got?

Here are some listings for those that are curious: http://ww2.trucktraderonline.com/browse ... bilt//2007
Some are a lot though (mainly the "modded" ones): http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/fors ... mdlgrp=379

pt206 wrote:Beautiful truck though. Prime had to be a Pete 379. The new 389's just don't have that same classic look.
Amen.
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408465)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:51am CDT
oh ma oh ma god i havn seen it yet and i want it
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408466)
Posted by jgilkinson on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:52am CDT
id prob wreck if i ever saw that coming down the highway
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408468)
Posted by Sonray on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:52am CDT
I'll buy two for that price!

I need to send the seller a question though, as he or she doesnt state if it is in transformable condition, and if it comes with a working allspark and matrix of leadership.

;)

Man...i would so love to take a bog standard truck like that and customize it into Prime! It wouldnt be too hard to do either.
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408473)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:57am CDT
argh listening to this song and watching the vid makes this worse i think i might let myself into a little grand theft autobot.

Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408493)
Posted by pt206 on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:15am CDT
Iron Prime wrote:

What engines are in the new ones you just got?

CAT C-15'S
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408536)
Posted by Iron Prime on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:42am CDT
pt206 wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:

What engines are in the new ones you just got?

CAT C-15'S

Nice.
Re: How would you like to own a replica of Movie Optimus Prime? (408545)
Posted by Windracer on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:47am CDT
Holy freaking CRAP IN A HAT.

I would live in that thing if I could. :shock:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series ~ BUMBLEBEE MPM-7 ~ Takara-Tomy/Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Twinferno Action Figure" on EBAY