I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters

I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters

Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 11:39am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 32,212

Third party and KO toy producer iGear have updated their Facebook profile with new images regarding their upcoming Wreckers figures. It looks like iGear are fans of LAst Stand of The Wreckers, because, well just look at the following image showing their upcoming projects:
Yes we've seen most of them before, but this does show us that they are planing something for Perceptor, Springer Twin Twist and Topspin. Also that Impactor, or Presser, is in fact the next figure to be released since Kup has already been done in form of their Kup 01 head.

Also they have new images of their upcoming Presser, or Impactor, figure:

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): iGear

Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240149)
Posted by It Is Him on June 15th, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
Covenant wrote:I do believe I owe I-Gear a sexual favor now.

I'd reconsider that if I were you. You don't know where iGear has been.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240168)
Posted by Requiem Prime on June 15th, 2011 @ 12:10pm CDT
ausbot wrote:This is what Has/Tak should be doing!

The only way a Has/Tak equivalent would measure up was if they decoupled size class and complexity from their budget lines. For instance, if they put a voyager budget into a legends size toy, they could probably meet Perfect Effect with ease.

Man... I don't even know most of these guys and I'm drooling.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240184)
Posted by alternator77 on June 15th, 2011 @ 12:37pm CDT
i could see good things for all of them except springer. fp made one thats hard to top.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240198)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 15th, 2011 @ 12:50pm CDT
God I hope their Springer sucks (seeing as I forked out for FansProject's). Although if it's going to homage his LSoTW incarnation then I'll probably have to go for it anyway. I'm very glad they're doing Twin Twist and Top Spin too. Was worried they were going to get left behind.

I am slightly worried that iGear are promoting all these different figures (Minibots, Ironhide and Ratchet, The Wreckers) and all we're seeing is pic after pic of concept art. Would like to start seeing some full-bodies prototypes of The Wreckers and the rest of the Minibots.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240209)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 15th, 2011 @ 1:02pm CDT
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240211)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 15th, 2011 @ 1:07pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:My only fear is that they'll get busted by HasTak and not finish one (or more) of their projects.

While I am concerned about their Minibots, Ironhide and Ratchet, I can't see Hasbro being bothered about the The Wreckers. There's no way they were going to produce figures based on characters from a comic alone.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240234)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 15th, 2011 @ 1:40pm CDT
Hmm. I might be interested, if I didn't know it's going to be beyond my budget. If iGear could match FP's prices, I'd be all over their recent stuff. Even if it is a bit more KO.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240247)
Posted by Vicalliose on June 15th, 2011 @ 2:10pm CDT
I just hope the quality control is better than the Kup heads were. Of coarse, I think the problem was directly related to the cygar being fuzed to his mouth as opposed to being molded together. Then again, I'm the only person this seems to have happened to. :roll:

That aside, Impactor is a must for me. Drift got friggin lucky, but Impactor does not have the benefit of being a "Space Samurai". To be honest, the parts of him that are knocked off from Warpath already kinda looked that way on his original design.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240292)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 15th, 2011 @ 3:52pm CDT
I wonder if the worn look in the cg renders will carry over to the figure? I am loving this shhhtuff right here!
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240307)
Posted by Requiem Prime on June 15th, 2011 @ 4:12pm CDT
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240339)
Posted by Stormrider on June 15th, 2011 @ 4:55pm CDT
Excellent job. I will be getting one.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240366)
Posted by craggy on June 15th, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:Now we're complaining about PARTS being knocked off? Seriously? It's not even parts in itself, it's about parts that transform the same way. It's called using a "similar transformation scheme". If the engineering works, why is it a crime to if they don't re-invent the wheel? And it only punctuates how HasTak totally could make this guy in budget.

Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240370)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 15th, 2011 @ 5:57pm CDT
craggy wrote:yup. There are only so many ways to make a car or tank shaped thing become a humanoid robot shaped thing. Hell most of the cars in G1 had one of maybe 3 different transformation styles.

G1 cars either had front-end of car for chest or roof of car as chest. Similar transformation I can deal with. Blatantly stealing designs worries me. Keep in mind I don't care if someone makes money from Has/Tak work, what DOES worry me is Has/Tak getting pissed and making a move to stop the 3rd party revolution. I love me some 3rd party products and I don't want some greedy company ruining it for the others and ultimately, us fans.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240507)
Posted by juxtapose519 on June 15th, 2011 @ 10:33pm CDT
I can deal with iGear borrowing parts from HasTak. What is the likelyhood of HasTak giving us an Impactor figure as good as this? At best, we would have gotten a retool of Warpath. Instead, we get a (mostly) original Impactor that does him justice.

3rd party toymakers are only a problem when they blatantly copy designs and steal profits from the real developers. I don't think they're doing that in this case. I'm glad iGear is finally turning it around.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1240510)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 15th, 2011 @ 10:35pm CDT
wowzers. that is just too awesome. i love the battle and aged look that he has. i hope the rest are as good as this guy.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1241268)
Posted by Mkall on June 16th, 2011 @ 7:50pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:F**k yea iGear!

I bet 4 months back you'd never have imagined you'd be saying that about iGear.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1241378)
Posted by Kibble on June 16th, 2011 @ 10:37pm CDT
craggy wrote:

I know, right? Why do the other 3rd Party companies even bother doing their own original designs? Shit, why does HasTak bother doing any new molds at this point when they can just copy their vast résumé of past designs? Just copying shit and charging out the ass for it = win! 8-}

While admittedly this guy looks cool...it's beyond weak that it's just a souped-up KO. I mean, if they want to pass on the savings of not having all those R&D costs and this fig is only $25 like a KO seeker...so be it, but part of what makes these 3rd Party figs worth the exorbitant price is the amazing design and engineering these no-name people are pulling off and in limited quantities. Count me in the minority that's glad I don't give two craps about the Wreckers and don't find this a must have.

*To be fair, we don't yet know the price of this figure...but I fully expect it to be in the $60-80 range (or even $100+ like their Arcee.) If it proves to be $25-30, then I'll happily retract my rant.
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1241470)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 17th, 2011 @ 2:51am CDT
Mkall wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:F**k yea iGear!

I bet 4 months back you'd never have imagined you'd be saying that about iGear.

4 months ago the "yea" would have been a "you" :P
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1241535)
Posted by zodconvoy on June 17th, 2011 @ 8:20am CDT
iGear rather quickly went from "F*** them!" to "F*** yeah!" I will admit to the hate myself but the Kup head turned it around.

Though if nothing else it just shows that "Wrecker Love > iGear Hate".
Re: I-Gear Wreckers update, Impactor and upcoming characters (1241612)
Posted by Motorthing on June 17th, 2011 @ 11:13am CDT
I'm actually more impressed with the Minbots but if iGear actually follows through on all this stuff I'll be eating my words and buying pretty much the lot - sorry Fansproject!! I still love you too......

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG15 Night Bird shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY