Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys

Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys

Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 6:54am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Game News, Auctions
Posted by: Mach   Views: 133,655

Seibertron.com has managed to give Transformers collectors a glimpse on the upcoming War For Cybertron toys including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Soundwave. These figures are based off of the characters featured in the Transformers: War for Cybertron video game from Activision. More information about the game will be revealed later this week.

Head over to our "Events" section to view the images: Image

Seibertron.com has the following items for sale on eBay that were obtained at this event:

Transformers Generations "War for Cybertron" Bumblebee

Transformers: Exodus Hardcover by Alex Irvine

You can view all of Seibertron.com's eBay auctions here.

Credit(s): Seibertron.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 6:28am CDT

Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081608)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 3rd, 2010 @ 7:20am CDT
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081609)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 3rd, 2010 @ 7:23am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I'm impressed with all of the WFC figures so far.

Bumblebee: I like the robot mode, for the most part. I like the vehicle mode for sure. I definitely like that they found a way to work in his G1 head, that's just cool. I don't like that he has only one foot, and that asymmetrical look just bugs me...wish I had paid more attention before.

The original picture of the one-footed Bumblebee was mis-transformed. Here you go :grin:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bee/18735/
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081611)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 3rd, 2010 @ 7:25am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Both of these look freking awesome! Especially Soundwave! Except for his feet. Oh well. This is the closest thing to a G1 soundwave Im probobly ever gonna get anywhere near. Unless they make a Universe Soundwave.

That is one thing I am afraid of.. The fact that we are getting a WFC Soundwave means we probably wont be getting a Classics/Universe/Generations G1 Soundwave..

I'll forgive Soundwaves sub-par aesthetics if he is a true triple-changer. I also like the fact that Megatron's gun is on the side of his forearm rather than the bottom like the Classics version. Bring on Ironhide, Ratchet, and the Seekers.
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081615)
Posted by Amelie on June 3rd, 2010 @ 7:34am CDT
That Soundwave is ugly as sin. He looks like a crap Cybertron Soundwave combined with a BubbleCar-cum-Van alt-mode.

I know he had to have a "useful" alt-mode for the computer game - but a car. Really?. They could've had him transform into a tank or gunplatform or something with some fluff explaining "Soundwave" as a name (a gun could, for example use sound vibrations(waves) as a weapon).

Thank God I'm broke right now, because the list of releases this year is unimpressive.
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081620)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 3rd, 2010 @ 7:39am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:

That fear keeps running through my head. One reason I hope they don't make a WFT Shockwave. I would much rather have a Classics version that turns into a space gun than another jet
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081622)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on June 3rd, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
I love the fact that we are getting some new incarnations...but is this really the best they can do?
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081632)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 3rd, 2010 @ 8:07am CDT
If Soundwave can transform (even if it's a fan-mode) into a tape deck like in that Shockwave commercial, I'm SO getting him.
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081640)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 3rd, 2010 @ 8:32am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm impressed with all of the WFC figures so far.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bee/18735/

*sniffles* Thank you man, so much win. Bumblebee is bought on sight. ;_;
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081659)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on June 3rd, 2010 @ 9:25am CDT
I have never been turned on this much in my life as when seeing this Soundwave & maaaan is he sexy, put a thong and some pasties on him and he can come do my bachelor party anytime...(not sure the other guys would appreciate it though) but WOW that is one cool looking Soundwave!!! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081661)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 3rd, 2010 @ 9:30am CDT
Wow, that's one swanky-looking event. Haha, almost more pimp than Botcon. Actually, I think it's just the purple and red lights and projected things...I guess I'm a sucker for that stuff. :lol:

Autobot032 wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm impressed with all of the WFC figures so far.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bee/18735/

*sniffles* Thank you man, so much win. Bumblebee is bought on sight. ;_;

Heh, I was gonna say that, but it looks like he beat me to it.

I'm still buying every single one of these. I'm just a little disappointed with Megatron, and Soundwave could be better too.

Actually, upon further image viewing, I'm really, really disapponted by Megatron's lack of silver paint. It would be nice if this isn't the final production model, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Soundwave's actually okay. Not quite the classic Soundwave proportions, but he's still pretty cool looking, and unlike some I actually love the vehicle mode. If he turns out to be some sort of triple-changer, even if it's only a fan mode, well, all the better. :D

There's nothing more I can say about Prime. Bought on sight.

Bumblebe...has blades...and a gun? :shock: Cool! He's the most armed since....well, ROTF. :P :lol:
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081668)
Posted by First-Aid on June 3rd, 2010 @ 9:36am CDT
Maybe I'm just getting old here, but I have to say this.

WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINY LITTLE CHILDREN ON THIS FORUM!

Good god, people! Seriously! Show some flexibility here! Open your minds to new directions and possibilities! Transformers are all about change. How well would the toys be selling right now if they had never changed the figures from G1? G2 proved that simply repainting figures doesn't work. People- especially CHILDREN (you, know, children...the target demographic...)- get bored with toys very quickly. So they have to do something new. Four years seems to be the maximum that a toy line lasts without an infusion of new and different things...with few exceptions. What I'm hearing here is the usual Geewunners crying that these aren't the figures that they wanted. Well, boo-frickin-hoo. Start your own toy company end make them yourself. How much easier would that Soundwave fig be to make if they didn't HAVE to have the gold "tape deck" in the middle of his chest? Maybe that grey claw could spin around 180 degrees and attach there...I think that would look cool! But noooooo...they have to pander to all you whiny little babies: "That's not Soundwave! Soundwave has to have minions! SOunwave has to have a jukebox crammed in his chest! Soundwave has to be a tape deck (even though most kids today wouldn't have ever seen or know what the heck a cassette tape is!)! WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Just accept these toys for what they are! Something new...a new take on a old idea...just like EVERY OTHER TF toyline. And just ENJOY them! They're TOYS!

That being said, I like these figs. Optimus just looks badass...like if you crossed him, he'd rip you in half. I'm not sure how I feel about BB...those red spots on his face (and in the game) remind me of Raggedy Ann dolls; he just doesn't look like a warrior. Megatron is Megatron, but I do like the cannon location on his arm and the overall design, which seems to blend the movie, Animated, and G1 together; a unique and very sleek look for him. And Soundwave is pretty slick. Looks like he has great poseability and I absolutely LOVE the head scuplt. Very sinister.
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081670)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 3rd, 2010 @ 9:45am CDT
I'm just not feeling Soundwave. His proportions are a bit off and he looks like he's on skis. Megatron, however, is looking a lot better to me.
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081681)
Posted by SoooTrypticon on June 3rd, 2010 @ 10:25am CDT
These just keep looking better and better. I love how the designers managed to make them look familiar and also like future robot aliens- something the movies are still failing at.

If the movie bots had managed to look this good- I could have maybe even forgiven robo-testicles.

I'm pleased that Hasbro is being good enough to make this line as a gift to all of us who suffered through the movieverse- shame it will be so short before TF3 comes galloping in.
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081682)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 3rd, 2010 @ 10:27am CDT
im just not feeling soundwave. his alts great, but his bot mode looks like something swindle kit-bashed outta spare parts.

Megs however, is total epic win for me, hes realy got that pre-earth mode classics version megatron look going on, even if he just turns into a block with guns
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081689)
Posted by Overcracker on June 3rd, 2010 @ 10:42am CDT
They look very nice. Soundwave has a pretty cool vehicle mode. But there's just something wrong with the robot mode, perhaps he's just mis transformed. Other than that he looks pretty cool.

So far looks like I'll be picking up Prime, Megs and Soundwave from this line. One more Deluxe sized tank Megatron for the ranks. He should look nice next to WWI Megs, and Classics Deluxe Megs, while blasting Gi-Joe Megs away.
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081692)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 3rd, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
Til all are mine! :grin:
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081704)
Posted by --B-- on June 3rd, 2010 @ 11:26am CDT
It's funny, with the WFC stuff, I really like one mode, but dislike the other.

Love prime and megs bot mods, and BB and Soundwave's alt modes.

Prime I like enough to get right away, but megs,BB and Soundwave will have to be on sale for me to pick them up.

Until my sons' birthdays...then I can get the "for them". 8-}
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081743)
Posted by Varia31 on June 3rd, 2010 @ 1:03pm CDT
Well, I do believe I will have to pick up yet ANOTHER Optimus to add to my ridiculously large amount of Optimus Primes, and then Megatron, and then *gasp* my first Soundwave figure! :shock:
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081765)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 3rd, 2010 @ 1:51pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Maybe I'm just getting old here, but I have to say this.

WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINY LITTLE CHILDREN ON THIS FORUM!

Until they stop naming them after G1 characters, I don't think people will stop complaining. And when they do, people will complain. I think nerds (and perhaps the human race) in general are just a bunch of complainers. I include myself in that generalization. :lol:
Re: Images from Activision's "War for Cybertron" event plus new pics of WFC toys (1081795)
Posted by Vicalliose on June 3rd, 2010 @ 3:09pm CDT
Gskywarp1 wrote:Does anyone know if Hasbro will be making a WFC Generations shockwave figure? :CON:

Not likely, due to the fact that he is a pre-order DLC character rather than one of the main characters in the game's story.
On top of which, I think that four toys is probably the limit as far as a single game goes.

On another note, I also wish this wasn't so because I wanted WFC Jazz.
In fact I may be the only person who would rather have Jazz than either Bumblebee or Soundwave.

First-Aid wrote:How much easier would that Soundwave fig be to make if they didn't HAVE to have the gold "tape deck" in the middle of his chest? Maybe that grey claw could spin around 180 degrees and attach there...I think that would look cool! But noooooo...they have to pander to all you whiny little babies: "That's not Soundwave! Soundwave has to have minions! SOunwave has to have a jukebox crammed in his chest!

Well, it's like kirbenvost said, he's Soundwave ergo he has to look like him. I personally think that the claw could have just been smaller.

Also, (and I'll probably be proven wrong about this) aren't nerds the ones who buy most of their toys anyway?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY