In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple

Friday, February 24th, 2017 2:37AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,739

Fellow Seibertronian xMXUx has pointed towards the Facebook page of The Chosen Prime, who have uploaded a small series of in-hand images for the just released Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple - a redeco and retool of the MP Inferno mold - which you can check out below! The items are shipping from various pre-orders around the world, so expect to have yours in hand soon if you purchased him

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple

Transformers News: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple
Credit(s): The Chosen Prime

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862566)
Posted by frogbat on February 24th, 2017 @ 4:28am CST
glorious, i have inferno who I couldn't resist getting together with red alert. The engineering is fantastic as are the different front fascias for the anime vs toy look. If there's anyone who hasn't got a version of this mould.. it's definitely one of the best figures to date.

And though I'm trying to avoid repaints cos well i'm broke, I will be getting grapple as he's one of the figures I always wanted to most as a kid, still have my g1 and an encore. Admittedly wasn't a fan of the generations figure...
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862589)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 24th, 2017 @ 8:26am CST
I have Inferno so I already know what to expect, but here's a review by The Chosen Prime for anyone's interested --

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862601)
Posted by xMXUx on February 24th, 2017 @ 9:05am CST
Wow, I'm impressed by how different the transformation is compared to Inferno, despite the vehicle modes being so similar :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862855)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 25th, 2017 @ 5:12am CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862871)
Posted by Va'al on February 25th, 2017 @ 10:01am CST
From fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have a double-feature today focusing on the latest non Beast Wars Masterpiece figure from Takara Tomy Transformers: MP-35 Grapple! We've seen some in-hand images already, but toy blogger Alfes2010 has a batch more, and The Chosen Prime have also uploaded a video review of this Inferno retool with new paint. Check it all out mirrored and embedded below for your viewing convenience.

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862903)
Posted by william-james88 on February 25th, 2017 @ 1:26pm CST

He looks more plain than the slice of bread I had this morning.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862906)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 25th, 2017 @ 2:06pm CST
10/10 would haul again.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1862979)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2017 @ 9:01pm CST
william-james88 wrote:He looks more plain than the slice of bread I had this morning.
Heh. Using the other helmet helps to break up the sea of orange.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863073)
Posted by Va'al on February 26th, 2017 @ 8:41am CST
With Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple, instead, Hasbro Asia will be releasing a collectable diecast minifigure of Ultra Magnus, who also already appeared in the MP toyline. You can check out below the image courtesy of site sponsor Robot Kingdom!

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863154)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 26th, 2017 @ 3:29pm CST
The Chosen Prime gallery --

Evolution --

Source: @hoist1122

Comparison with Inferno --

Source: @JohnnySiriyama

Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863184)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 26th, 2017 @ 7:11pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

He looks more plain than the slice of bread I had this morning.

You plan on getting him?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863192)
Posted by nycPrime on February 26th, 2017 @ 9:03pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

He looks more plain than the slice of bread I had this morning.

You plan on getting him?

Any chance of getting him now without paying a fortune?
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863194)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2017 @ 9:21pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
You plan on getting him?

I gind these very expensive. I would only get either of them if I could get them for a good price. Like less than $100 shipped.

And he is still available for standard retail prices, you can get him at nippon yassan: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/18 ... apple.html
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863207)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 26th, 2017 @ 11:51pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
You plan on getting him?

I feel the negativity feedback of the lack of details from Inferno may be holding you back. But don't deprive yourself of the joy of owning him. Remember the negativity on MP-IH? Also, Grapple does have a tad more details than Inferno. ;)^
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863240)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2017 @ 7:26am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
You plan on getting him?

Its not so much negativity, but the fact that Inferno and Grapple are not worth paying over 100 bucks for.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863244)
Posted by william-james88 on February 27th, 2017 @ 9:03am CST
fenrir72 wrote:

Its the price that is holding me back. I paid $60 USD for Ironhide. If someone was selling MP Inferno or Grapple for that price, I would buy it. I would be uch more forgiving of the lack of detail and plain-ness if they were $60.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863245)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 27th, 2017 @ 9:15am CST
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Based on your previous statement I thought it was the lack of molding details. Anyways, being pragmatic, costs also factors in big time. Trouble is, great molds appreciate too fast in the secondary market and are so gone ,while misses like the Tracks mold drops like a hot potato. (And Mitsubishi must be charging an arm and a leg for the license (and yet I find nary an actual Mitsubishi emblem on Inferno 8-} )

Ironhidensh wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
You plan on getting him?

I hear you too IHD. But on your side of the fence, I don't think it's the cost issues that bothers you but more on the "zing" of the figure. I'm also a bit like you with regards to Beastwars (though I did get the recent MP Munky and haven't regretted the decision). Though you have to admit, when it came to the IH mold, it did impressed you eventually.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863248)
Posted by william-james88 on February 27th, 2017 @ 9:55am CST
fenrir72 wrote:

The lack of detail is just a very easy visual factor t point out when showing the contrast behind the price and what you are getting for it. Ironhide was 7000 yen (while inferno is 11000) and while both dont have the most of detail, I am more forgiving of ironhide especially with the ton of accessories. Of all the MPs so far, I would say Ironhide has the best value.

Now for the secondary market, things are changing. Takara and Hasbro have started reissuing plenty. MP 10 and Soundwave are good examples, but there is also wheeljack and magnus. If these sell out before I have a chance of getting them for a decent price, then I can always wait for a rerelease. Development cost is high so Takara is bound to rerelease them and i can wait. Plus as I wait, you will have people liquidating their collections and I really dont mind getting a second hand MP toy, especially when most collectors just pose them like statues.

So I have plenty of options in the long run and I am waiting this guy out.
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863257)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2017 @ 11:36am CST
Re: In-Hand Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple (1863274)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on February 27th, 2017 @ 2:19pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Ironhide did eventually grow on me. Inferno still hasnt, and I'll let you know about grapple in a couple hours.

plz do

Ending Soon On eBay

2002 Transformers Armada Sideways With Crosswise and Rook Complete MOC P212 - Time Remaining: 19 days 7 hours 10 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight DINOBOT SLASH Premeir Edition - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 14 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight TLK-25 Decepticon Nitro Japan version pre order - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 hours 14 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Galaxy Force GC-22 Sonic Bomber Wing Saber - Time Remaining: 27 days 6 hours 15 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers United UN-08 Drift Takara Tomy Generations Henkei CHUG Complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 19 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers AOE Movie Advanced AD-26 Lockdown 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 19 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Heroes of Cybertron HOC Powermaster Optimus Prime NIP - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 22 minutes 17 seconds
HASBRO Kre-O Transformers Beast Hunters Beast Blade Optimus Prime Building Set - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 25 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017