In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade

Transformers News: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade

Sunday, October 30th, 2011 12:32PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 48,563

hamatoys have updated their weibo page with in-package shots of Maketoy's highly anticipated Battle Tanker upgrade set for Reveal the Shield G2 Optimus Prime. The set will come in a display style box with all the component parts laid out for easy viewing and a hook & loop closure. The set is rumored to have a November release, but to date we are still waiting on pre-orders from our site sponsors. These images do seem to indicate it's release is close at hand.

Credit(s): hamatoys
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306745)
Posted by Rated X on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:44pm CDT
I want one. Price ???
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306747)
Posted by Blurrz on October 30th, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
It's a big box :)

Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306750)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CDT
I love it when they make accessories that go with figures I've bought. Hopefully the rumors that it's $100 turn out to be false. Even FP's trailer wasn't $100.
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306752)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:05pm CDT
Indeed how much?? I never cared for G2 Laser Prime but I liked repaint Nemesis Prime a hell of a lot more. But this thing can only be flawed by piss poor QC, it still has my full attention...'nuff said!! :VEHI:
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306753)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:06pm CDT
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306754)
Posted by El Duque on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CDT
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306759)
Posted by Mkall on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:34pm CDT
El Duque wrote:I wonder what the hold up is on pre-orders. To my knowledge the only place that currently has a pre-order us is Upgrade Commander.

I'll hold out for a more common retailer to get these,

Incidentally, 7,999 yen = about 104 US dollars.
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306773)
Posted by triKlops on October 30th, 2011 @ 2:33pm CDT
this looks great but the price point might keep me away if its over a hundo
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306775)
Posted by Kibble on October 30th, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT
This set looks cool, but I'm still having a hard time with it being for such a crappy figure. I think $100+ prices me out. Also not sure how Giant is going to price out around $350 if this thing goes over $100...
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306793)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 30th, 2011 @ 3:03pm CDT
Did they ditch the Drift sword?
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306797)
Posted by GetRightRobot on October 30th, 2011 @ 3:14pm CDT
Epicness! I will have one. A much needed upgrade! Now, if we can get a Scourge repaint of that Prime we will be in business! Looks wonderful!
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306808)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 30th, 2011 @ 3:49pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:So strange that we haven't seen any pre-orders for anything from Maketoys. Something slightly fishy about that.

Ain't it just? If memory serves MakeToy said that Battle Tanker, the Hover and Bomber set, and both the G1 and G2 versions of Giant Builder would be out by the end of the year! That's a tall order for even the most experienced of 3rd parties, let alone when there are no pre-orders for any of them. It really makes me wonder what the hell is going on.
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306893)
Posted by LaserDawg1981 on October 30th, 2011 @ 7:56pm CDT
man i cant wait to get this i hope i have the money for two of them.
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306898)
Posted by donnie_707 on October 30th, 2011 @ 8:05pm CDT
ill give maketoys the benefit of the doubt. they got 2 months to come out with tanker. :BOT:
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306908)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 30th, 2011 @ 9:17pm CDT
I see the pre-order to ship turn-around for this figure being very short.
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306932)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on October 30th, 2011 @ 10:50pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Did they ditch the Drift sword?

Apparently, the "First Edition Exclusive" version of these with the gold tag will include the "Ancient Sword."
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1306941)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 30th, 2011 @ 11:22pm CDT
Blitzsword wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:Did they ditch the Drift sword?

How do you land the First Edition Exclusive? This is the first I've heard of this.
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1307008)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on October 31st, 2011 @ 8:23am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:
Blitzsword wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:Did they ditch the Drift sword?

That I'm not entirely sure. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the only way to score the First Editions would be to purchase them as early as possible. It's very likely that by First Edition, they mean the first wave of the Tanker Upgrade. I'm guessing since MakeToys are a new third party company, this is their incentive of getting consumers to jump on their product. Of course, this is an assumption from me but I hope more information becomes available soon on the First Edition.

*Edit* My mistake, I translated that gold label wrong. It translates as:

First Production Limited Edition
Includes "Sword of Antiquity"

There's even a small pic of the sword on the label itself.
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1307226)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 31st, 2011 @ 9:49pm CDT
LAME! They should just make the damned sword standard.

Hopefully it'll juts be in the first wave. If not ... is there any alternative to getting a decent Drift sword?
Re: In-Package Images of Maketoy's Battle Tanker Upgrade (1308667)
Posted by BeastProwl on November 4th, 2011 @ 8:07pm CDT
It's beautifully done! I Bought deluxe G2 optimus just for this. I hope we get word in on price and dates SOON.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee Power Attacker" on EBAY
Buy "??Transformers 12" Robots in Disguise Titan Heroes Bumblebee Steeljaw Lot RID??" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - COMBINER FORCE - WINDBLADE (H84)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION - BUMBLEBEE (H79)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Sideswipe VS Anvil" on EBAY
Buy "HOLO MIRAGE Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Fan Vote 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG " on EBAY