Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight

Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight

Sunday, May 7th, 2017 5:34am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,185

From the cast of Transformers: The Last Knight, now out on June 21st 2017 (two days earlier than initially planned), Isabela Moner spoke to the New York Times about her approach to the casting and acting with director Michael Bay - getting used to the 'nothing is really there' trademark of the live action movies! Check it out below.

Transformers News: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight

ISABELA MONER

“Transformers: The Last Knight” (June 23)

To win a role in the latest “Transformers,” Ms. Moner sent a self-tape from her home in Cleveland. “I was nervous. I had just turned 14 and was intimidated by the fact that it’s such a big franchise and I’d be stepping into one of the leads.”

The director Michael Bay wanted to see more and asked her to fly to Los Angeles for a screen test. “The hairstylist said, ‘We’re going to come up with the look for the movie.’ Then Michael walks in and he’s like, ‘We might have to cut your hair.’ I’m like, ‘What? Right now?’” Luckily the new look let her keep her long tresses. “So we dodged a bullet on that one.”

She and Mr. Bay went to a studio parking lot, where he asked her to pretend a Transformer was looming above as he filmed. He told her, “‘I want you to shout things at him, be really mean and challenge him.’ So I did what he wanted me to do, and he did as much as he could without actually having to pay me to be there. What was supposed to be a 30-minute meeting turned into a three-hour fun day of just a low-budget ‘Transformers.’”

Credit(s): New York Times

Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879816)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 7th, 2017 @ 6:42am CDT
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879881)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 7th, 2017 @ 11:46am CDT

Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879883)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on May 7th, 2017 @ 11:50am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:The Transformers movie facebook has posted an announcement of the Last Knight Snapchat filter! In celebration of the upcoming MTV Movie Awards, this new filter for the popular app features the text "Sunday Prime Time" as well as Optimus Prime (from the original TLK poster) swimming in a pool of popcorn! Here's the image they posted, as well as the filter actually in the app.

Aye i'm waiting to see what that is that drops? whether it's a trailer(could be that recent one that was released in china or japan?), tv spot or clip
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879889)
Posted by Va'al on May 7th, 2017 @ 12:05pm CDT
While we wait for some more news from the MTV Awards, the official YouTube channel for Transformers: The Last Knight has uploaded a new promotional clip showing Optimus Prime learning how to British (minus the weather complaints and queueing) - or at least, how to pronounce certain words in an RP accent. Check it out below!

He can save the world, but can he master a British accent? Go behind the scenes with Optimus Prime on the set of #Transformers.

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference. In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.

Transformers is coming to theatres June 21, 2017!
Directed by Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel, Anthony Hopkins, Laura Haddock, Isabella Moner, Stanley Tucci, John Turturro
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879902)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 7th, 2017 @ 12:33pm CDT
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879914)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 7th, 2017 @ 1:21pm CDT
I could watch that Optimus Prime cgi model do almost anything. It's a beautiful thing.
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879929)
Posted by Deadput on May 7th, 2017 @ 2:23pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wow. What a huge spoiler that tweet is. Putting together 2 and 2, Bay just pretty much told us that Cybertron will be destroyed for good. If 1 world lives and 1 dies, it won't be Earth that dies. So, The Last Knight will be the end of Cybertron. But will Prime and/or Megatron die with it?

Maybe that's the twist and they destroy Earth.
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879930)
Posted by Kurona on May 7th, 2017 @ 2:25pm CDT
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879934)
Posted by Deadput on May 7th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

This is why we need like or up vote buttons.
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879955)
Posted by JazZeke on May 7th, 2017 @ 3:56pm CDT
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879959)
Posted by Burn on May 7th, 2017 @ 4:11pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:Threatening a defenseless old woman for no good reason. The hero of generations, everybody! Thank you, Michael Bay.

Indeed! Thank you Bay and the WRITERS who took a bunch of old characters and gave them a make over and made them interesting again! Image
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879961)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on May 7th, 2017 @ 4:22pm CDT
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879962)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 7th, 2017 @ 4:24pm CDT

That's my kind of hero. I've always loved how movie Optimus isn't afraid the threaten anyone to their face, and even live up to those threats afterwards.
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879964)
Posted by dragons on May 7th, 2017 @ 4:37pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:As much as I love the movies, this clip made me laugh more than any joke in any of the movies.

I choose movie comedy over transformers cartoon and comic comedy any day at least movie comedy makes sense fits in places while cartoons and comics comedy are there for no reason at all to make series more colorful and kid friendly

Good clip in end of video good moment
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879969)
Posted by Deadput on May 7th, 2017 @ 5:03pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

Wait what?

I think we should go over the definition of heroic.

While I'm fine with the way Prime treats the Decepticons (Regardless of what anyone says facts are that they are still monsters who in most continuities start the wars for no good reason and are willing to slaughter anyone else their like the Empire or many real life monsters) this commercial is a bit odd in the threatening of an innocent person who's only teaching Prime British speech.

Although that women isn't exactly being patient or respectful with Optimus either so two wrongs do not make a right but obviously Prime would not actually do this on his own free will (Yes even movie Prime) and it's for humorous effect for a rather funny commercial.
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879970)
Posted by Burn on May 7th, 2017 @ 5:23pm CDT
Deadput wrote:I think we should go over the definition of heroic.

No, what we need to go over is accepting the opinions of others if they differ from yours provided said opinion isn't causing any harm.

Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879975)
Posted by Deadput on May 7th, 2017 @ 5:48pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Deadput wrote:I think we should go over the definition of heroic.

It was supposed to be a joke.

Because I don't think heroic is threatening other people and I'm not trying to get people to think my way I'm stating my own opinion which I thought I'm allowed to state on a "discussion" site.

Before you go all like "He's arguing again" well of course most people tend to talk back it's kinda what people do the difference is if their being civil or rude about it and I'm trying to be not rude but apparently my comments don't translate what I say.

Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879977)
Posted by Burn on May 7th, 2017 @ 6:28pm CDT
Deadput wrote:It was supposed to be a joke.

Your reputation precedes you.

Deadput wrote:I thought we weren't supposed to insult or make fun of other users even if they deserve it.

Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879980)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 7th, 2017 @ 6:46pm CDT
Burn wrote:Sly thinks differently from everyone on this site. He's not a well adjusted little boy, so you're just wasting your breath trying to get him to conform to your way of thinking.

Yes, I have not adjusted well to the MKUltra mind control that has been imposed on the rest of human society. You're absolutely right. :michaelbay:
Re: Isabela Moner Talks Casting for Transformers: The Last Knight (1879986)
Posted by Deadput on May 7th, 2017 @ 7:19pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Deadput wrote:It was supposed to be a joke.

Your reputation precedes you.

I really should realize this but I'm forgetful as well (You can tell me to do a job and I'll forget about it almost immediately sometimes) also my own fault to keep expecting people to forgive my outbursts.

I just hope that despite my "reputation" I can make people understand I'm not looking for fights or trying to make others see things my way.

Burn wrote:One great thing about Sly is he isn't a sensitive little flower and doesn't care when people say mean things to him because he says them right back.

I realize this about Sly (Came across his youtube channel while watching Mass Effect videos and proceeded to browse his channel...) I only brought this up because I thought it said stuff like that in the rules unless I'm misreading them.

And if the "sensitive little flower" thing is a jab at me (Not saying you definitely said this) yes I'm emotionally sensitive and there's nothing I can do about that since that's who I am.

Anyways enough about this drama the MTV awards is on and a never before seen TLK clip is supposed to come on at some point.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE POWERGLIDE SOUNDWAVE ZARTAN" on EBAY