KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors

KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors

Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 9:54pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News, Auctions, Knock Offs
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 49,173

Seibertron.com member capellamusic has just posted info in our official Transformers Knock Off Thread about another G1 KO release that may cause uninformed buyers to think they're getting the real McCoy. Here's what he had to share:

I just found out that the new Shockwave KO reissue is already available, boxed, and that there are 2 versions, one with a purple barrel and one with a grey barrel just like the original. Please check here:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Transformers-G1 ... -107072101

Vintage collectors must be careful with the grey barrel versions...

Best regards

Credit(s): capellamusic

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 9:58pm CDT

Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (923582)
Posted by CrabHeart on May 19th, 2009 @ 10:26pm CDT
so why is it a knockoff? it says reissue? whats its flaw?
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (923619)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 20th, 2009 @ 12:54am CDT
CrabHeart wrote:so why is it a knockoff? it says reissue? whats its flaw?

It's probably shitty quality. The actual G1 Shockwave was already shitty quality to begin with. His legs and hands are notorious for breaking off, so I'm told. I'd buy a purple barreled version though. Just as long as it's for a knock-off price and not at vintage G1 price. Maybe we'll see it at BotCon.
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (923635)
Posted by capellamusic on May 20th, 2009 @ 3:00am CDT
CrabHeart wrote:so why is it a knockoff? it says reissue? whats its flaw?

It's a KO simply because it's an unoficial and unlicensed remake, probably done by Zhong Jin, just like the other high quality KOs. It's being passed as a Hasbro product when it's not and it's illegaly reissued.

As for it's quality I don't know as I didn't buy one yet, but I'm thinking about doing it next month as a brand new vintage one costs too much. But I have the Zhong Jin KO reissues for Mirage, Wheeljack and Reflector and I must say that they're just like Encore reissues, same good quality (even better than some: e.g. Jazz).

So, I guess that it probably is also of good quality. But the point of being a KO is because it's an illegal remake.
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (923642)
Posted by capellamusic on May 20th, 2009 @ 3:20am CDT
The seller who is selling the new KO Shockwave in ioffer has answered to 2 buyers that the next 2 KOs are Sunstreaker and Octane. Since it's the same seller saying it I guess it's true. Please check the messages on the listing for the buyers cbeck10 and gilderdave.

Quoted from one of the sellers answers:
"hi,the Sunstreaker KO and and Octane KO will come soon,maybe next month"

As for me, it's the first time I hear of an Octane KO, at least on this "good quality lineup".
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (923716)
Posted by vectorA3 on May 20th, 2009 @ 9:11am CDT
Dude, that is so awesome -I can't even describe. The only thing I could want more than MP Grim right now. Highly tempting since we know H/T will never ever re-issue this guy b/c of the mold. So beautiful my eyes are getting a little misty..... :sad:
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (923962)
Posted by Overcracker on May 20th, 2009 @ 5:01pm CDT
It looks real nice. It does have a couple of flaws in the plastic specially where the join, left over bits from the molding.

But otherwise it looks real nice, and the Styrofoam tray just adds to the 80's feeling.

If this were the real deal I'd have no qualms about paying 85 bucks for it.

But for a knockoff it seems a little steep no matter how good the quality is.

30 maybe 40 bucks and I'd be all over it.
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (924228)
Posted by vectorA3 on May 21st, 2009 @ 7:08am CDT

Cool sig Overcracker ---anything with Luke, Tracks, and Thundercracker is awesome in my book
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (924508)
Posted by Overcracker on May 21st, 2009 @ 3:20pm CDT
vectorA3 wrote:Yeah, that'd be a good price range. Although I'm clampin down on spending right now.

Thanks.
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (924617)
Posted by omega-one-prime on May 21st, 2009 @ 6:34pm CDT
This is my first post as I can not seem to find a place to say Hi,so Hi all :-B

I am not a fan of the knock-offs no matter how good or bad they are,

but there is clearly a market for them but I am sorry to say that I have seen some people sell them as 'reissues' which I feel is wrong

not a great first post but I am overwhelmed by this forum and the substancial membership it has,
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (925092)
Posted by vectorA3 on May 22nd, 2009 @ 3:24pm CDT
welcome omega-1-prime!!!!! :APPLAUSE:
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (925680)
Posted by Th0r4z1n3 on May 23rd, 2009 @ 6:09pm CDT
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (925812)
Posted by enkidoamark on May 23rd, 2009 @ 11:42pm CDT
I just wish there was somewhere to get all these high quality KOs at a reasonable price. When I can get re-issues from japan for as low as $30, I just can't pay $70 for a KO. If they were $30, maybe 50 for a combiner, I'd buy them like mad.
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (926209)
Posted by omega-one-prime on May 24th, 2009 @ 9:46pm CDT
vectorA3 wrote:welcome omega-1-prime!!!!! :APPLAUSE:

Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (926440)
Posted by Scaleface on May 25th, 2009 @ 12:26pm CDT
This knockoff is coming dangerously close to Shattered Glass Thrust?

Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (926563)
Posted by Mkall on May 25th, 2009 @ 5:05pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:This knockoff is coming dangerously close to Shattered Glass Thrust?

That one looks kind of interesting. Wonder how good the quality would be.

Probably not good
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (926568)
Posted by horus on May 25th, 2009 @ 5:17pm CDT
i ordered him a week ago, should be here any day now, i'll do a small review with pics then :)
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (927780)
Posted by mattyc1007 on May 28th, 2009 @ 4:37am CDT
omega-one-prime wrote:
vectorA3 wrote:welcome omega-1-prime!!!!! :APPLAUSE:

As said, We want all to feel welcome, or to make ryan feel good about his interesting little hobby :mrgreen:

Welcome to the boards! hope you enjoy your stay! Hell everybody dose it,

"Warning Seibertron may Contain Nuts!"
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (927945)
Posted by horus on May 28th, 2009 @ 2:05pm CDT
my review on that orange ramjet: http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (928131)
Posted by ZoneDaiatlas on May 28th, 2009 @ 10:03pm CDT
Th0r4z1n3 wrote:Just snagged this Four Star Seeker KO off of ebay... Sorry if I was bidding against any of you

It's been years since I've seen a "Four Star Seeker KO's". I used to own a couple of the "Four Star Constructicons" when I was young. Good Find Th0r4z1n3, and welcome to Seibertron.com!
Re: KO of G1 Shockwave in dual colors (928233)
Posted by vectorA3 on May 29th, 2009 @ 4:00am CDT
quick question -- the Shockwave KOs -- do the electronics work??

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction- Hammer Strike Snarl" on EBAY
Buy "KBB Transformers GT-05 Optimus Prime MP-10 G1 Pocket Size Combat commander-12cm" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Mr Potato Head Bumble Spud Collectible Children’s Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction Hasbro NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Bumble Spud Mr. Potato Head" on EBAY