Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left!

Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left!

Sunday, March 28th, 2010 7:56pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 38,167

Pete@Botcon has updated the sales percentage of Punch/Counterpunch on the Transformer's Collectors Club forum. Punch/Counterpunch is now over 82% gone! Which means there are approximately less than 300 left!

So if you haven't ordered Punch/Counterpunch, you should probably do so quickly before they are all gone. Click the link below to order yourself a Punch/Counterpunch if you still need one before they are gone and be sure to check out Shattered Glass Cyclonus and Elite Guard Dion as well.

Shattered Glass Cyclonus

Classics Punch / Counterpunch

2010 Club Exclusive Dion

Credit(s): Pete@Botcon

This article was last modified on Sunday, March 28th, 2010 7:58pm CDT

Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059022)
Posted by HighPrime on March 28th, 2010 @ 8:02pm CDT
Yikes.. going fast. I'm tempted to order 5 more, but don't want to be a Jacka$$. So, to to those last few individuals who get thier order in on time, you can thank me later :grin: :grin:
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059026)
Posted by Flashwave on March 28th, 2010 @ 8:12pm CDT
Crap

Dear Pete, could you have picked a different week than one that Dadwas in the hospital to release P/CP? As it is, I'm gonna miss out on the one I want, because the guy who's name is on the credit card is laid up. I have money, but no card. Oh well.

Crap.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059034)
Posted by Rated X on March 28th, 2010 @ 9:11pm CDT

Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059037)
Posted by Mkall on March 28th, 2010 @ 9:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:No disrespect to anybody but I see this figure making a comeback. Just like Thrust.

Maybe, but Thrust will took 3 years to make mass produced status in the US since his first appearance. It's also been said (and confirmed) that TFCC destroys the molds it uses to prevent KOs appearing in the future.

So I'm not holding my breath; and even if P/CP does make mass release, I'll have gottem my enjoyment from the fig.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059039)
Posted by HighPrime on March 28th, 2010 @ 9:19pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Not only that, but if/when P/CP makes a 'traditional' release, if ever, it won't be exactly like the TFCC release, just like Thrust wasn't. In this case, that's a guaranteed new head sculpt.

I'd be right in line for that reissue also.; just like Thrust. Maybe Hasbro/TT would scuplt some new hands. 3rd party makers have an opportunity here. I wondering how long before those appear in the market? ;)
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059040)
Posted by HighPrime on March 28th, 2010 @ 9:23pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Remember demand talks money and money talks re-issues. If Counterpunch is so hot, what makes you think Hasbro or even Takara wont pay off TFCC to mass produce ??? Do you think TFCC can afford to turn down a million dollar deal ??? Or even $500,000 or $250,000 ???

TFCC licenses product from Hasbro, not the other way around. If Hasbro wanted to make more, they'd tell TFCC, "We're making more." :P I'd be shocked if Hasbro/Takara would ever do that, though, without telling the TFCC "you're through." Sure, they'd re-sculpt possibly, but never straight out reissue the club's exclusive works.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059042)
Posted by bvzxa on March 28th, 2010 @ 9:28pm CDT
Well since I joined the club in January, I may be pleased. It looks like the numbers for p/CP are low, less than 2000, maybe about 1600 made. In the HWC/RLC we had cars that were in the 10,000 range. But the ones under 2000 were worth the money.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059043)
Posted by El Duque on March 28th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

That's my opinion as well. I've been enjoying Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge from the GoD set for three years now. Making the set well worth the price I paid for the Iacon package.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059056)
Posted by Samsonator on March 28th, 2010 @ 9:57pm CDT
I can't believe I've just done this, but I've preordered my Punch/Counterpunch... spur of the moment decision. Thank Primus for club prices, though...
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059070)
Posted by LiKwid on March 28th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CDT
Preordered Cp... So help me though that lil bugger best not appear magically on BBTS in a month or so cheaper... :-x
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059071)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on March 28th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CDT
too bad they went up so late in the month. i'd really like to at least get one of these two guys, but since they're going so fast and they want the money up front...i think i'm kinda fraked over here.

meep.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059073)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 28th, 2010 @ 11:07pm CDT
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059088)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 29th, 2010 @ 1:06am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:got my 7 preordered :grin: thats about 1/257th of the run! i should watch that show about hoarders...

Ok, I can understand anyone wanting 3 of these for themselves. But seven!?
You are officialy a borderline scalper who is out of his freaking mind.

Fun Pubs really needs to put a three per member limit.

And so many of you people are ordering around 5-10 of these things!
Are any of you not scalpers? :-x
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059095)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 29th, 2010 @ 2:33am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:

Ok, I can understand anyone wanting 3 of these for themselves. But seven!?
You are officialy a borderline scalper who is out of his freaking mind.

Fun Pubs really needs to put a three per member limit.

And so many of you people are ordering around 5-10 of these things!
Are any of you not scalpers? :-x

Why is it so understandable to get 3? Shouldn't 1 suffice? I'll proudly have a Punch on my shelves, I'll have a Counterpunch as well. I'll have a specimen to keep MISB for myself, and 4 more to sell as i please, or maybe give to friends. I'll probably sell them as most of my friends choose to blow all there money on getting high and wouldn't appreciate them. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll send one to a certain moderator who is likely lurking, real nearby.

If you want to call me a scalper, thats fine. I will call you Dickcheese. But lets not resort to name calling shall we?

Now i have to go to bed angry. Maybe an eighth P/CP will make me feel better.

And seriously, I don't think any of us on this board are scalpers. Just enthusiastic about vehicles that can change form into robots. Dickcheese.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059105)
Posted by Burn on March 29th, 2010 @ 3:38am CDT
So let me get this right.

You buy extra with the intention of selling down the track.

And that's not scalping.

Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059106)
Posted by Blurrz on March 29th, 2010 @ 3:42am CDT
Leave him be. Everyone's got a fair chance at getting a piece if they happen to have the money and membership.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059109)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 29th, 2010 @ 3:45am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I'll have a specimen to keep MISB for myself,

You'll have to settle for MIB since they won't be sealed. The boxed club and Botcon figures aren't ever. Bagged figures are a different story of course since they're sealed in a baggy.
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote: But lets not resort to name calling shall we?

This is wise. I'd edit your post a bit. Flaming isn't really tolerated bud.
:BOT:
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059115)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 29th, 2010 @ 4:33am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Call it an investment. Call me a collector. DO NOT CALL ME A SCALPER! How offensive to be grouped with that scum. Scalpers buy up as much of a product as they can and usually immediately sell it on eBay for rediculous mark-ups. And don't type as if you know me. I am a collector who is just now starting a Botcon collection. A MISP/MISB collection. And by the way, paying out the ass for it. I am getting my Punch/Counterpunch figures to help pay for my hobby, my passion, my obsession.,

Your right. What I said was over the line. I should not have called anyone a "scalper". And I apologize for it.

But I still strongly believe that there should be a limit on how many people order. Just to avoid such a thing.

Also Flux is right. They aren't MISB, only MIB. The most I've personally seen so far is a few teeny rubber bands on some minicons.
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059165)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 29th, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT

Victorysabre"Punch now seems to be sold out. If you add one to your basket it automatically adjusts the quantity to 0."
Re: Less than 300 Punch / Counterpunch left! (1059169)
Posted by HighPrime on March 29th, 2010 @ 8:36am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:Well, according to Victorysabre over at the club boards, it looks like P/CP is sold out! Glad I got my chance to get one with my smart phone while down in Miami while this all went down. Phew!!

It's marked as "discontinued" now at the club store.

Wow, that was a quick sellout :shock:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "GI Joe Transformers 2011 SDCC MEGATRON GUN 25th Starscream Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "2011 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE STARSCREAM W/ COBRA COMMANDER" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers BONE CRUSHER Constructicons HASBRO, TAKARA Japan 1980 84" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY