Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video

Wednesday, August 24th, 2016 9:42am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Press Releases, Digital Media News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 28,940

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronians, in the wake of the release of Combiner Wars Episode 4 just yesterday; Machinima's Youtube Channel has put out a promotional Top Ten Combiner Wars characters video, as can be viewed below.



Most notable about this is that due to not actually having ten characters yet to make a full top ten list out of, the list includes Devastator and Victorion; hence giving us never-before-seen clips of future episodes, including Victorion landing on a structure and Devastator facing off against Megatron. Take a look and tell us what you think!

Credit(s): Kurona


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818204)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:30am CDT
Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818208)
Posted by Kurona on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:34am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:

Top Ten lists like this usually are...

It's also very confused on continuity. Computron was shown to be created by the council in Episode 1, yet the guys here give the G1 Cartoon backstory.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818217)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:43am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:

Top Ten lists like this usually are...

It's also very confused on continuity. Computron was shown to be created by the council in Episode 1, yet the guys here give the G1 Cartoon backstory.

When do they say he was created by the council in episode 1? They mention he was loyal to them in later episodes, but I wasn't aware they said he was created by them.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818218)
Posted by william-james88 on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:44am CDT
Kurona wrote:Computron was shown to be created by the council in Episode 1

I didnt catch that.

Bronzewolf wrote:Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:

Top Ten lists like this usually are...

I take personal offense to this [-(

No one cringd at this top 10 list :-D

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... des/34952/
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818219)
Posted by Kurona on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:44am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:

Top Ten lists like this usually are...

It's also very confused on continuity. Computron was shown to be created by the council in Episode 1, yet the guys here give the G1 Cartoon backstory.

When do they say he was created by the council in episode 1? They mention he was loyal to them in later episodes, but I wasn't aware they said he was created by them.

Must have remembered wrong... in any case, it seems the intention is that they were created by the council, hence why they'd be loyal in the first place and why Menasor would know.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818222)
Posted by Kurona on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:45am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Computron was shown to be created by the council in Episode 1

I didnt catch that.

Bronzewolf wrote:Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:

Top Ten lists like this usually are...

I take personal offense to this [-(

No one cringd at this top 10 list :-D

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... des/34952/

Hey now... I said like this. Your top ten lists are great ;)
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818228)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:53am CDT
This... This top-ten characters video is a complete and utter joke! There are literally only eleven characters in this who have any dialogue, and of those eleven, four of them (all the female ones, sadly) are newer ones whom the average G1 Joe wouldn't know of offhand due to their having been made in recent years. And of those four, of course the Mistress of Flame gets omitted for her not being a fighter in this (being a boring politician instead) and having no actual name (just a title), while Windblade's being the central protagonist requires her inclusion, and Victorion's being a more-special-than-special Combiner also requires her own inclusion, which leaves Maxima to be included by mere process of elimination and the need to round out the total to ten. Thus, this video is less of an actual "top-ten" and more of "these seven 1980s G1 characters in the order we remember them from least to most, plus three of the four new girls tossed in for marketing and numbering reasons." >:oP

Also, boo to putting Optimus at the #1 spot. For once, Megatron totally deserved that spot.

And they talked about Megatron turning into a gun in this video when mere moments later they show footage from episode 4 of him turning into a tank! Ugh.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818232)
Posted by william-james88 on August 24th, 2016 @ 10:59am CDT
Now I know what to do next time Sabr ticks me off, I'll just send him that video in a PM.

He's been nice to me so far though, so I might never get the chance ;)
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818235)
Posted by Kurona on August 24th, 2016 @ 11:01am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Now I know what to do next time Sabr ticks me off, I'll just send him that video in a PM.

He's been nice to me so far though, so I might never get the chance ;)

April Fools is only about 7 months away ;)
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818236)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 24th, 2016 @ 11:02am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Now I know what to do next time Sabr ticks me off, I'll just send him that video in a PM.

He's been nice to me so far though, so I might never get the chance ;)

Or you could dedicate one of your Top 10 lists to ranking the characters that seems like a far better list, only to still have Optimus as #1 :-D
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818241)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 24th, 2016 @ 11:06am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Now I know what to do next time Sabr ticks me off, I'll just send him that video in a PM.

He's been nice to me so far though, so I might never get the chance ;)

Or you could dedicate one of your Top 10 lists to ranking the characters that seems like a far better list, only to still have Optimus as #1 :-D


Hahahahahaha
Image
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818249)
Posted by william-james88 on August 24th, 2016 @ 11:15am CDT
Hahaha, I might make a lit when all is said and done for this show. But it would be a top 5. And so far, while i love Jon, Optimus wodl not be number 1 :twisted:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818252)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 24th, 2016 @ 11:18am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Hahaha, I might make a lit when all is said and done for this show. But it would be a top 5. And so far, while i love Jon, Optimus wodl not be number 1 :twisted:

I think we can all agree this Megatron wins it all :D
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818269)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 24th, 2016 @ 11:58am CDT
Kurona wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Now, reality check. This show doesn't have the budget of like...any CGI based movie like that put out by Pixar. So expect less than Pixar level quality.
Pretty sure no one here in their right mind is expecting Pixar quality animation.


You did read the posts I was referring to? Frame rate etc etc are all part of the package in a CGI flick. Whether it be BW Prime or Adventure. Just sit down, watch and be entertained is the gist of my post. Not counting the frame rate or how "limited" the lip synch etc etc. Storywise, the show is just starting, lot's more to know like those movie serials Spielberg and Lucas grew up on.

Framerate is a very legitimate thing to argue about when it's slow to the point of being distracting and detrimental to the product. We're not meticulously counting every frame of each second; the frames are so few in number we can literally see them. That's not a good sign.

As for the story 'just starting', the series is about halfway through.

And I think the point of a lot of peoples' complaints here is that they sat down, watched, and expected to be entertained... but weren't.


1st 20 minutes of intros? Halfway already? How many episodes are we in for anyway?

And again with the production values. The moment Hb contracted the company to animate the story in serial format should already have given hints on how much budget was allocated to the show.

The company may want to have added more but if the budget they were given is limited (Hb being skinflints?) so corners are sure to be cut. Which goes back to my Pixar analogy. Lower your expectations. Eat the popcorn and enjoy (or hate the show). Heck, this kind of reminds me of Takara's TFGo! Compare that to this, which is better?
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818271)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2016 @ 12:04pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:1st 20 minutes of intros? Halfway already? How many episodes are we in for anyway?
Eight. Eight episode of five minutes in length.

fenrir72 wrote:And again with the production values. The moment Hb contracted the company to animate the story in serial format should already have given hints on how much budget was allocated to the show.

The company may want to have added more but if the budget they were given is limited (Hb being skinflints?) so corners are sure to be cut. Which goes back to my Pixar analogy. Lower your expectations. Eat the popcorn and enjoy (or hate the show). Heck, this kind of reminds me of Takara's TFGo! Compare that to this, which is better?
Go! is. Go! has a vastly better framerate for its robot characters than this show does, and the sad thing is that both this show and Go! were animated by the exact same company, Tatsunoko Production, who has previously done countless animated works of animation quality ranging from good to amazing. This show, however, has incredibly choppy animation for all of its robot characters, with only the backgrounds and camera movement being the only things decently animated in this. When everything except the characters that a show focuses on looks decently animated, then there's something wrong there.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818273)
Posted by o.supreme on August 24th, 2016 @ 12:09pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:


The guy on the right looks like the guy form Big Bang Theory who has the comic book store. I wonder if the reason why CW had 10 characters was just so they could make this list ;)

Poor Mistress of Flame didn't make it over a character that had one line , then died :lol:

So basically...if these guys were in charge of the NFL...30 of the 32 teams would make it in the playoffs each season
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818279)
Posted by Kurona on August 24th, 2016 @ 12:34pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Now, reality check. This show doesn't have the budget of like...any CGI based movie like that put out by Pixar. So expect less than Pixar level quality.
Pretty sure no one here in their right mind is expecting Pixar quality animation.


You did read the posts I was referring to? Frame rate etc etc are all part of the package in a CGI flick. Whether it be BW Prime or Adventure. Just sit down, watch and be entertained is the gist of my post. Not counting the frame rate or how "limited" the lip synch etc etc. Storywise, the show is just starting, lot's more to know like those movie serials Spielberg and Lucas grew up on.

Framerate is a very legitimate thing to argue about when it's slow to the point of being distracting and detrimental to the product. We're not meticulously counting every frame of each second; the frames are so few in number we can literally see them. That's not a good sign.

As for the story 'just starting', the series is about halfway through.

And I think the point of a lot of peoples' complaints here is that they sat down, watched, and expected to be entertained... but weren't.


1st 20 minutes of intros? Halfway already? How many episodes are we in for anyway?

And again with the production values. The moment Hb contracted the company to animate the story in serial format should already have given hints on how much budget was allocated to the show.

The company may want to have added more but if the budget they were given is limited (Hb being skinflints?) so corners are sure to be cut. Which goes back to my Pixar analogy. Lower your expectations. Eat the popcorn and enjoy (or hate the show). Heck, this kind of reminds me of Takara's TFGo! Compare that to this, which is better?

I did lower my expectations though. Like I said after the first episode; I wasn't expecting to be blown away by it, I wasn't expecting anything amazing, I was just expecting something mildly decent and entertaining and I didn't even get that.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818280)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 24th, 2016 @ 12:34pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:Oof that was just a cringe-fest, wasn't it? :HEADHURTS:


Poor Mistress of Flame didn't make it over a character that had one line , then died :lol:

Correction, two characters that had one line then died. (Maxima, Computron), plus one that had a couple lines then died (Menasor) #-o

To be honest, when they said 10 was Maxima, I thought "Really? Her?" but then I thought "Hey, maybe this is the chance to gain some more backstory or info on her" but nope. We know now exactly what we knew before: She's a throw-away character who had tons of wasted potential.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818281)
Posted by o.supreme on August 24th, 2016 @ 12:38pm CDT
I know most people think Computron is dead, but I thought the flickering in his eyes at the end of the episode was indication he is still alive somehow...of course this would be the series not to answer that question. I know Rodimus mentioned Computron's demise, (how he would know about this...I don't get either) but then...why the flickering lights? *signs of life* IMHO.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Animated Series Promotional Top Ten Characters Video (1818322)
Posted by DeadCaL on August 24th, 2016 @ 2:18pm CDT
The frame rate issue is really perplexing. Sometimes it's fine, then it goes all wonky. Too late to fix it now, it's all rendered and in the can.

I really liked the dialogue with Megatron. It's like he's a normal guy having a conversation with a couple of drama queens.

As the for the Steve and Larson thing, it looks more like a promo thing more than anything. They're still funny guys though, I usually enjoy their other Top 10s.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
Twincast / Podcast #291:
"Til All Are 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

New Items on eBay

Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Frenzy & Buzzsaw 2 Pack 2015 SDCC Exclusive Set" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Terrorcon Blot Near Mint Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Soundwave #83 Bumblebee Movie IN HAND SEALED!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Buzzworthy Studio Series High Octane Bumblebee & Stinger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes Battleslash" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 17 Shadow Raider loose AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrust with Inferno Minicon, Elita-1, Battleslash,Xort and Highbrow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes Alchemist Prime w Submarauder Armor" on EBAY