Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED

Tuesday, August 16th, 2016 9:14am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,221

Episode 3 'The Duel' of the Hasbro / Machinima animated series Transformers Combiner Wars is now available to watch via the Verizon go90 app - and shortly for most non-US fans on the Machinima YouTube channel too! UPDATE: If you are a non-US viewer, the episode should now also be available for you, check it out embedded below.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for an episode review soon - and read through our thoughts on episodes one and two in the meantime, too.

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online

Credit(s): Machinima

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 17th, 2016 6:13am CDT

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815662)
Posted by 1984forever on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:30am CDT
I like Windblade as a Nail trying to prevent more war, though the duel was meh.

The good thing is that this series brings Hasbro one step closer to the realization that only a G1 reboot can bring this franchise back to it's former glory.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815665)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:44am CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815668)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:51am CDT
Kurona wrote:Were the Youtube versions of Episode 1 and 2 not uploaded at the same time as their Go90 counterparts? Just curious because Episode 3 hasn't been uploaded on youtube yet.

Don't recall them being uploaded at the same time as their Go90 counterparts. I think it was at the least a few hours apart before they were uploaded to both platforms.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815669)
Posted by jamarmiller on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:51am CDT
every week it seems like 4 hours later that its posted on youtube
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815670)
Posted by o.supreme on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:52am CDT
1984forever wrote:I like Windblade as a Nail trying to prevent more war, though the duel was meh.

I agree with part of this assessment. the episode was ok. The animation seemed a bit better on this one, but Windblade seems more like a frustrated child just lashing out at everyone and everything until Prime talks her down. "Only one can help us"--Victorion?

Unfortunately Hasbro will never "reboot G1" they have the classics toy line (which includes CW & TR), and the IDW comics, they feel that's enough G1 to satisfy older fans, and for most, sadly it is. Although fans of the original Marvel comic were treated with Regeneration One , getting the proper ending they always wanted. Fans of the Original Animated series, will never get the proper ending we desire. Hasbro is all about moving forward. Oddly enough though, there is this channel on Youtube that has made a couple of short episodes, purely with pasted together footage from original series episodes, and Japanese episodes. Better voice talent than on CW, and it is getting more positive feedback than CW.

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815671)
Posted by william-james88 on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:53am CDT

they never are :(
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815672)
Posted by primalxconvoy on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:58am CDT
Again, "for non-US fans" is NOT correct. This is the third time I have told you; The Youtube Combiner Wars videos are NOT "international". I am in Japan and the video is Geo-Blocked. As I have stated before, in order to view these videos outside the USA/in geo-blocked countries, you need to copy and paste the url of the geolocked youtube video into the text entry box of any good "online youtube download" site (Google is your friend), and then download the video.

PLEASE check your facts, Seibertron.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815675)
Posted by jamarmiller on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:02am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Next ep is due to be up on September 10th ! SPREAD THE WORD the more views the more they will likely do and yeah they are getting mostly positive comments made.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815677)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
For my money, this is the best G1 Remake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCqYX5QdjZE

And by 'my money', I of course mean 'absolutely broke and in the mood for something very silly'.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815679)
Posted by Randomhero on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815680)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
Randomhero wrote:We already got a G1 reboot. It was called Transformers Animated and I'm not joking. Legitimately was the closest thing to a reboot the G1 cartoon and I still miss that series after 8 years.

It is pretty insane just how G1 it is. Pretty much the original cartoon with a new style and actual characterisation and story.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815681)
Posted by jamarmiller on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:20am CDT
I didnt mind the story but hated the art style, just couldnt stand to watch it.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815682)
Posted by Randomhero on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:23am CDT
Kurona wrote:

That's because it was made by fans. Derrick j wiatt pushed for so many things in that show. Shockwave was only in it because Cory Burton was talking during recording how he loved playing shockwave but he had such a small involvement and BOOM! There's shockwave and he's one of the deceptions that did the most damage in the series. Metroplex is the headquarters for the autobots, for max was the elite guard HQ, swindle was dreaming swindle, starscream was exactly what you wanted and they gave us Seekers with an actual reason why they all looked like starscream and Judd freaking Nelson returned as Hotrod!

It was the G1 reboot in so many ways.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815683)
Posted by Big Grim on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:25am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Although fans of the original Marvel comic were treated with Regeneration One , getting the proper ending they always wanted.

Regeneration One was not the ending I wanted. That whole thing was a bloomin' disgrace. Utter waste of time.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815685)
Posted by o.supreme on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:32am CDT

I don't think I've read a more incorrect comment in a long...long time....and its scarier that others believe that.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815686)
Posted by Randomhero on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:40am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

My bad. Sorry guys! My bad!
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815687)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:43am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

My bad. Sorry guys! My bad!

Chill
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815688)
Posted by 1984forever on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:44am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

With Hasbro releasing the TR line they are missing an opportunity right now to continue G1. Combiner Wars could have been part of the continuation. Current toys could have been sold while satisfying G1 cartoon fans at the same time. All the pieces were in place. After Rebirth, Rodimus was back to being Hot Rod, none of the Combiner teams were dead,Prime was back, Galvatron was in charge and Starscream had a new body which could've been drawn as his CW body. An experimental Headmaster swap could be used as a plot device to introduce the new Titan Master concept, and explain why a character like Galvatron would remove his head.

Instead the writers decided to stick their heads up IDWs tail pipes and rip off a boring story line complete with Transformers they can't sell. Mistress of the Flame, I'm looking at you.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815690)
Posted by o.supreme on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:47am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I guess you're right I mean after all animated wasnt filled with animation, voice and continuity errors like the original g1 cartoon did. It also didn't kill characters to clean the toy selfs so yeah I guess it was nothing like the original cartoon.

My bad. Sorry guys! My bad!

Animated was an error in its entirety. When the look of the show is based on a 8 year olds drawing in crayon, I'd call that one big error. Also...silly fan thinks Animated wasn't designed to sell toys. Well perhaps it didn't sell toys...perhaps that's why it got cancelled.

See you can bash the original all you want, and I can retort. This will get us nowhere. I was just simply stating it would be nice to have a return of the original series. I know its not going to happen, but I can have my opinion.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 3 'The Duel' Now Online UPDATED (1815693)
Posted by Randomhero on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:49am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

My bad. Sorry guys! My bad!

Chill

No I'm totally chill agreeing that animated was missing that G1 flare and really missed out on stories like some college students building a robot with personality components of a deception or the deceptions getting fed up with megatrons erratic bahavior and sending him a planet for therapy or even an episode with Sari and a bumblebee spending an entire episode trying to figure out Ratchets birthday.

Yeah...animated just missed the mark of being a good show.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY