Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online

Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online

Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 2:29am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,420

As it's Tuesday in several parts of the world, that also means a new episode of the Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes animated series is now available on a number of online platforms! Episode 4, 'Primal' - featuring you'll never guess who - can be viewed directly at its go90 streaming page for viewers in the US here. All other viewers can access the episode over at the official Tumblr page for the series, along with all previous episodes, here.

And make sure to stay tuned to Seibertron.com for our review of the fourth episode, courtesy of brave staff member Bronzeewolf later today or tomorrow!

Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy S3:E4 Primal

With our heroes cornered, Predaking demands Victorion hand over the Enigma of Combination. Inside the mysterious dome, Megatron finds the Requiem Blaster, but is confronted by a mysterious figure guarding it.

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online

Credit(s): Transformers Prime Wars

Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1960873)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2018 @ 4:10am CDT
ON THIS WEEKS EPISODE OF POWER OF THE PRIMES

Megatron wrestles with a monkey
Megatron.JPG

Volcanicus falls into a hole
Volcanicus.JPG

And Perceptor punches Predaking
Perceptor.JPG

See! That's how you improve the show, just have Jeremy Clarkson preview the episode.

Dialogue is still atrocious ... despite Megatron swearing. And Megatron walks really slowly.

Oh and as you would expect, the story still moves slowly.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1960879)
Posted by Qwan on May 22nd, 2018 @ 4:37am CDT
Burn wrote:
ON THIS WEEKS EPISODE OF POWER OF THE PRIMES

Megatron wrestles with a monkey

Volcanicus falls into a hole

And Perceptor punches Predaking

Oh and as you would expect, the story still moves slowly.

I had more fun reading this post than I did watching the entire episode.

How every single one of these episodes manages to be simultaneously the most hilarious, most frustrating and most tedious thing I've ever seen, is beyond my comprehension.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1960888)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2018 @ 5:39am CDT
Qwan wrote:I had more fun reading this post than I did watching the entire episode.

I've wasted too much time sitting watching this trilogy and just tearing it apart in my head. I reached a point today watching this episode where I decided to just try to make it a little more fun.

And Jeremy Clarksons voice helped with that.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1960890)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 22nd, 2018 @ 6:03am CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1960891)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2018 @ 6:05am CDT
Need to convince Bronzewolf to integrate it into his review.

It might, at the very least, help preserve his own sanity.
#BurnCares #NoReallyHeDoes #YeahOkayHeDoesnt
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1960945)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:39am CDT
Wow, Megatron showed more facial expressions than anyone in the entirety of the trilogy in just a few minutes.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1960963)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 22nd, 2018 @ 11:23am CDT
Burn wrote:
ON THIS WEEKS EPISODE OF POWER OF THE PRIMES

Megatron wrestles with a monkey
Megatron.JPG

Volcanicus falls into a hole
Volcanicus.JPG

And Perceptor punches Predaking
Perceptor.JPG

;)
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961050)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 22nd, 2018 @ 8:28pm CDT
This episode was better than the last two, that's for sure. I wanna see what happens next.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961058)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 22nd, 2018 @ 8:56pm CDT
Burn wrote:TONIGHT

Megatron wrestles with a monkey

Volcanicus falls into a hole

And Perceptor punches Predaking

Primal

(This review does contain spoilers for the Power of the Primes cartoon, as well as the previous two shows to some degree.)

The main cast is still on the primal swamp planet and still being chased by Combiners. Predaking is continuing his search for the Enigma of Combination, and Perceptor swears that Victorion doesn't have it. The beast combiner refuses to believe him and, although his logic here is a bit hard to follow, he too has noticed the events Cybertron and the surrounding systems have been going through.

"Everything on Cybertron is trying to destroy everything else!" Top notch dialogue, guys. Just...just *kisses fingertips*

Volcanicus has finally had enough of Predaking, and pushes him over. Predaking promptly gets up and the two finally begin to tussle. Victorion gets upset with Megatron for leaving them behind, and starts to bluntly chip away at the ancient sacred temple of the Primes behind them, something you wouldn't think she'd do, being in favor of honor and fairly traditional.

Inside the temple, Megatron finds his way into a room with the Requiem Blaster sitting on a shrine, in a scene that was totally not spoiled in promotional material last week. (Spoiler: it totally was.)

*Que Legend of Zelda music*

Just as a side note, the music score in this scene when Megatron finds the Requiem Blaster is so ridiculous and over the top, it almost seems intentionally comedic. From a series with very subtle background music, (and certainly very little classical-styled background music) it just feels so bizarre. Don't get me wrong, it's not a badly composed piece of music, it just doesn't fit with the score of the rest of the series.

Anyway, when Megatron is about to take the Requiem Blaster, Optimus Primal appears from the opposite side of the room. He tells Megatron that he should leave, and Megatron goes on a tirade about his condescending tone, telling Primal he reminds him of Starscream. Which is fine, except he didn't really have one. He was speaking very clear, basic instructions. *sigh* I dunno.

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

The pair begin to fight for the blaster, and we catch up again with the group outside. Volcanicus and Predaking are still fighting, and it's...unbelievably boring. All but one of the camera angles are the most mundane, basic shots you could put in something like this, and there's absolutely zero tension. Seriously, the first fight we've ever seen in animation between these two awesome, giant, powerful combiners, looks like two elderly people gently tapping each other with their walkers.

But it gets worse

"Ooh, I'll get you, Gertrude! This'll teach you to miss bridge night!"

Predaking pushes Volcanicus into a super shallow, small puddle that he somehow isn't able to get out of. You know. Like a giant robot combiner totally would. He's seriously stuck here for most of the rest of the episode.

See, this is what happens when you forget to flip the toilet seat back down!

I'm not sure why, but Perceptor jumps in and tries to distract Predaking. He's successful, and turns the wrath of the combiner team toward the team who's been struggling to fight him since the second episode. Nice going Percy. Megatron arrives back from the temple, now wielding the Requiem Blaster, to bail the team out just in time. He threatens Predaking, and tells him they really don't have the Enigma, and if they find it, they'll keep in touch.

Minibot, 10 Year old, the other TF fan in my household:"Did it freeze up just then?" Me:"No, that's just the animation." Minibot: *Looks at me like he's looking at a camera on The Office*

The dinobots finally make it out of the puddle by decombining, as the temple behind them starts to glow, projecting a beam into the sky above them. Apparently this beam contains coordinates that Perceptor starts to read. They're hard to make out, but he recieves assistance from Optimus Primal, who I guess is okay from the fight he and Megatron just had, even though we get a total of zero explanation for that. The adventure continues with new allies, new weapons, and, finally, a new destination.

Minibot: "How is he reading it? He's not even looking at it!" *imitates reading a piece of paper thats two feet above his head by looking straight forward*

That's the end of episode 4. Despite it's fair, fair share of just plain goofy moments, I'd argue it's the best so far of the series. No bizarre plot errors, just straight to the point. And, more importantly, progress is made. It only took four episodes, (Read: that's 45 minutes of real life time), to get here, but we are finally here. This episode seemed a lot more coordinated and logical, and far less pf a jumbled mess compared to the preceding three. It actually leaves me excited, or at least interested, in the coming story, as there isn't exactly a predicable plot from here on. Yes, obviously they'll try to use the blaster to defeat Megatronus, but there are other twists and turns that the story could (and hopefully will) take. A small bit of hope has been instilled in me again. We shall see.

DINOBOT POOL PARTY!!

And, on that bombshell, it's time to end. See you next week!
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961059)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 22nd, 2018 @ 9:11pm CDT
Thanks to our admin Burn for that intro!
Burn wrote:Need to convince Bronzewolf to integrate it into his review.

It might, at the very least, help preserve his own sanity.
#BurnCares #NoReallyHeDoes #YeahOkayHeDoesnt

Turns out I'm not very hard to convince.

Anyway, time for a couple of

BONUS JOKES!

This was already a really image heavy review, so I cut a couple jokes. Here they are!

Really...Really makin' a big dent, there, Victorion. Good work. Keep...keep on doin' that.

Get your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape!

or, alternatively,

Does Megatron even know what a sucker punch is?
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961060)
Posted by Qwan on May 22nd, 2018 @ 9:25pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Hello, WE'RE BACK! Yes, that's right, it's Tuesday again, meaning we're now on episode four of the Machinima Power of the Primes series. If you'd like to know more, read on, as we take a look at

Primal

This cracked me up. I can feel the degree to which you are done with this show. :lol:

*Que Legend of Zelda music*

This was by far the funniest part of the whole episode for me. Like, powerful artifact, dramatic reveal, fair enough. But then it just keeps going... and going... and the camera keeps spinning... and spinning... and I swear it must've been like a 720-degree rotation by the time they were like "yeah that's enough of this one unbroken rotating shot of an inanimate object".

God knows how I ended up playing devil's advocate here, but I thought Megatron was referring to Optimus Prime? Kind of like he's annoyed by Primal's high-and-mighty tone (which he definitely had, but that might just because the writing and voice direction is pretty rubbish) and compares it to his old, now-dead and "holier-than-thou" frenemy.

See, this is what happens when you forget to flip the toilet seat back down!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to say you're wrong, but personally I found this the most boring to watch of all the episodes this far (from PotP at least). Maybe it's because there wasn't anything as hilariously bad this time, but it just felt more tedious and plodding than previous episodes have, even though there's technically more progress here than the last three episodes combined.

Still, I guess you're right that there's more opportunity for the plot to expand now! Though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it took them all the remaining episodes just to get to Megtronus and fight him; 100 or so minutes isn't very much when your pacing is as bloody awful as this. Heck, I'm willing to bet they won't even leave the swamp for at least another whole episode.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961063)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2018 @ 9:59pm CDT
Qwan wrote:God knows how I ended up playing devil's advocate here, but I thought Megatron was referring to Optimus Prime?

That was my interpretation as well as he simply says "you remind me of someone", a line he says, from memory, twice.

Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961065)
Posted by karyuudo on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:03pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:

Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961066)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:23pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:The main cast is still on the primal swamp planet
In other words, Cybertron. ;)

Burn wrote:

karyuudo wrote:I thought Megatron was referring to Primal sounding like Optimus Prime?! Did I miss something here?
I fourth this. Not just Primal's attitude, but also his head's gotta remind Megatron of Prime.

Burn wrote:And are we glossing over the whole "you're pissing me off" line? Or did I mishear?
You didn't mishear. Megatron did say that bit of profanity.

Victorion also used the D-word.

And just for a bit of fun, seeing that Primal vs. Megs screencap has made me realize something. We now have official instances of the classic-looking G1 and Beast Wars leaders swapping each other's rivals in animation:

Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961067)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:25pm CDT
and optimus primal is truly the big bot now
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961071)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:48pm CDT
Yep, my mistake. I took it wrong! Also, isn't the swamp a different planet?
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961072)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:54pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Also, isn't the swamp a different planet?
Shouldn't be. When Megatronus forced Menasor to tell him where Megatron went, Menasor answered about the swamp in a context of their having gone to some place on the same planet rather than off-world. And Titans Return did show this reality's version of Cybertron to have seemingly Earth-like terrain with mountains, canyons, a polar ice cap, etc.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961073)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:56pm CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961074)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2018 @ 10:58pm CDT
Burn wrote:Which begs the question, if it's Cybertron, and this swamp is known, the fudge is that temple or whatever the Requiem Blaster was in, not known about before now?
Twas probably supposed to be a "hidden" temple, but Lord knows if the animators of this show even got that memo. ;)
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 4 'Primal' Now Online (1961077)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 22nd, 2018 @ 11:10pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder how much trouble I'd get in if I kidnapped Clarkson and made him sum every episode of the prime wars trilogy like that. Failing that Burn, yours will be a fine substitute :-P

i dont think you want Jeremy Clarkson to do a review if its not british made he'll rip it all apart and you will end up hating transformers all together :(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Thundercracker near complete in good condition not reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow" on EBAY
Buy "Mint Used Decepticon Berserker, Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Blue Boat VHTF Retired" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Daca Toys Kronos" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader DOUBLEDEALER  NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide" on EBAY