New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster

New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster

Thursday, May 17th, 2018 10:25pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,600

Maybe a few of you were underwhelmed with how little Megatron had done so far in Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes series, but things are about to change. The official Transformers Facebook page posted a featurette video about the Requiem Blaster. This is the gun forged by Solus Prime. We see some clips of events yet to happen as well, which includes Megatron weilding this fabelled weapon. You can watch it below. Let us know if you are looking forward to this and what you think of the show so far.

Credit(s): Official Transformers Facebook account

Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960107)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2018 @ 10:53pm CDT
Gee, that clip sure gives away a lot of what's gonna happen in later episodes of this show, as though this show can't simply handle telling its story by itself. :roll:
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960109)
Posted by Qwan on May 17th, 2018 @ 11:23pm CDT
You know, I guess I should've expected it by now, but I was still surprised at how easily they managed to make me giggle without even needing voice acting or any of the "usual" stuff that makes me laugh at this show. That descriptive text is so badly executed and the music so unfitting - I just can't take any of it seriously :lol:
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960117)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 1:40am CDT
You think that's bad? Try rematch information the chase scenes with the benny Hill music over the top
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960121)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on May 18th, 2018 @ 3:25am CDT
Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 1.21.51 AM.png

Good lord. I like to imagine this would sound like the voice of the news announcer fish from Spongebob, completely overly dramatic. At least on that show it's supposed to be over the top for the sake of a joke.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960138)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 18th, 2018 @ 7:28am CDT
Hidden away in a rock and waterfall shaped like the matrix with the symbols of all the primes etched on it's extra shinny surface for any random passerby to notice.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960143)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 8:12am CDT
You expected it to be hard to find? :-P
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960147)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2018 @ 8:29am CDT
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960149)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2018 @ 8:33am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Serious question: Is Machinima's Generations series the worst TF show ever done? Is it truly worst than Energon? I think if you include the hype machine (which inclues the CEO of Hasbro himself) and how much this fails to deliver, it might indeed be worse.
Many argue that either Energon or The Headmasters are still worse.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960150)
Posted by Qwan on May 18th, 2018 @ 8:35am CDT
I think if we do count the disparity between hype and actual quality, this may well be the worst we've ever seen. Energon had to be an average show that existed on the airwaves to advertise toys to kids. These shows had to be the oft-quoted "Game of Thrones of animation". I don't know whether or not CW and brethren are actually worse than any other Transformers media or not, but taking into account prior expectations, these shows absolutely fell the furthest.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960168)
Posted by o.supreme on May 18th, 2018 @ 9:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Many argue that either Energon or The Headmasters are still worse.

I actually like Headmasters quite a bit. And Energon, for all its flaws wasn't horrible, until it kept going and then...and then...and then... If they had ended it with the fight between Unicron and Omega Superme, I don't think it would be as derided today. I know I am the outlier here, but I actually manage to enjoy Energon somewhat (at least the earlier episodes), unlike Armada, and Cybertron, which I really cant watch at all.

Honestly, I don't even consider these Machinima entries a *True* Transformers series, just a weird little oddity of shorts. What we should be comparing this to is things like

1.Robot Masters
2.Transformers:Universe
3.Transformers: Beginnings
4.Transformers: Cyber Missions
5.Transformers GO!

For me personally, I separate these from actual true Transformers series. And admittedly, while I have not seen all of thme, I think we should try to rank all of these, and see where the Prime wars Trilogy would rank among these. Just my opinion of course, but among the shorts listed above, where would Prime Wars fall..???
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960178)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2018 @ 10:25am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I actually like Headmasters quite a bit.
I do too. But many in this fandom regard it as the single most boring TF cartoon ever made, while Energon and these Prime Wars Trilogy shows are more "hilariously bad" in ways that at least leave some value of amusement that allows people to laugh at how bonkers they are, whilst The Headmasters, they argue, is vapidly dull to the point of having zero entertainment value outside of the "hilariously bad" Malaysian English dub.

I don't conform to this viewpoint, but it is out there.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960201)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2018 @ 12:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:these Prime Wars Trilogy shows are more "hilariously bad".

I am not laughing
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960204)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 1:05pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:these Prime Wars Trilogy shows are more "hilariously bad".

I am not laughing

In fact, I'm screaming.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960238)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 3:00pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:these Prime Wars Trilogy shows are more "hilariously bad".

I am not laughing

In fact, I'm screaming.

Well that's only because you're forced to watch them like the guy in a clockwork orange (or the chicken in the robot chicken intro) it's not like you get to spoof it with robot cohosts ;-)

I consider this to be the worst series, and for the record, I enjoyed the headmasters.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960243)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2018 @ 3:27pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:these Prime Wars Trilogy shows are more "hilariously bad".

I am not laughing

In fact, I'm screaming.
Ah, but, see, that's what happens when we take a serious look at these shows. By "hilariously bad", I meant that these shows are chock full of material that is ripe for MST3K-style lambasting (as your write-ups have shown time and again). We can look back on these shows' badness and laugh at the pure insanity of "What were they thinking?!" that they presented us with.

Whereas those who would argue that The Headmasters, in its native language, doesn't even have that value as, to them, it's just so boring and empty with nothing worth enough to mock and make fun of.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960257)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 4:29pm CDT

Hmmm... Great, now I have to stop myself from making a MST3k ripoff centered around riffing this series. Ugh :twisted:
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960260)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2018 @ 4:37pm CDT
It's shows like this that are enough to make one wish that MSTF was still a thing, since these three shows were practically made for MSTF to poke fun at.
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960264)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 4:53pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:Ha! Fun fact, actually, I built a replica Tom Servo for a con last year. My love for robots extends giant transforming ones.

That is awesome...and I support any and all attempts to riff on this...try and rope more staff into doing it with you ;-)
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960268)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 5:06pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

We could make it audio only, ala rifftrax. That would make it considerably easier to get other staff in on it... :-? We could do other shows, too. Headmasters, Unicron trilogy.
We gotta slide a bit back on topic, though. I'll run it by some staff, maybe make a thread and gauge interest...
Re: New Clip From Power of the Primes Featuring Requiem Blaster (1960273)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 18th, 2018 @ 5:36pm CDT
I was thinking audio only would be best then people could listen to it over whatever it was you were making fun of.

As for this series, how many episodes will there be? I may have missed it already but it would be good to know how much time they've wasted on...well, not a lot

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Ratchet & Lifeline Paradron Medics 2 Pack Sealed NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "IDW TRANSFORMERS : ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 LONG BEACH COMIC CON COVER : NM : RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - OPTIMUS PRIME -  Comic Con 2011 First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY