Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online

Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 12:40AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,900

The episode can be watched on Go90 here, or for viewers outside of the US, it is available on the Prime Wars Tumblr here. After you've watched the episode, share your thoughts with other Seibertronians in the Energon Pub Forums, and stay tuned for our review of the episode coming soon too!

Megatron finally figures out Megatronus' plan, but fears it may be too late to stop him when Megatronus arrives to claim the Requiem Blaster for himself.

Credit(s): Machinima
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1964510)
Posted by Burn on June 12th, 2018 @ 4:57am CDT
Dialogue ... so much shitty dialogue ...
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1964551)
Posted by Stormtalon on June 12th, 2018 @ 8:46am CDT
[size=150]It feels like every Machinima series shows three or four episodes of a standard 21 minute per episode, 13 episode series.

I really should dunk on Power of the Primes harder, but there is so little there its too small a target. The only part I'm close to feeling bummed about is Overlord. That was a backstory I could have stood watching. How did he lead the Decepticons? How did he lose to Megatron? How did he fall in with Unicron? And if Megatron had to wrest power from someone like Overlord, why would he put up with Starscream for any amount of time? Now we'll never down.

Rest will sweet Overlord may a chorus of... (In keeping with Machinima's style of storytelling, the quote will be continued net week.[/size]
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1964552)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2018 @ 8:51am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:I
This episode made it very clear that the action and fight scenes are the best part of this series by far. They're directed and choreographed well, and flow extremely smoothly.

I could not disagree more. Its what I find worst. Take the previous episode (the one whose review I am quoting) and that scene of Rodimus Unicornus just punching on repeat. It is just all kinds of boring and lazy and it doesnt even look like he is hitting anything.
Another really crappy part about the action is how they break it up. So you have this big fight with Overlord and then in the middle of it, you have windblade talking as if there is no fight going on. You dont hear the githing sound effects, its justa talking scene with widblade. And then 2 mins later we see the fight continuing.
Its just all kinds of terrible.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1964563)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2018 @ 10:15am CDT
Sorry about not posting any links last night. I got in very late from my flight back home from RoboCon and I just needed to get right to sleep.

Anyway, this episode.

How is the rest of the library not blasted to smithereens if one shot from the blaster blasted that huge dent on the side of the planet? In fact, we see how big that dent is, yet when we cut to the closer shot of the surface near the library, that part of the dent looks much less wide and deep than the enormous dent seen from space.

Grimlock giving Megatron a hug, trying to be funny... It's like they can't decide if they want super grim and serious Marvel Grimlock like he was at the beginning of this show, or silly and comedic Cartoon Grimlock like now.

The Closed Captions typo Grimlock saying "Megatron not bad" as "Megatron not mad".

It's like, Megatron's been so serious in this show since it started, that whenever they try to bring back the snide and sarcastic quips that made him enjoyable in the previous two series, they keep having him say them with such dead serious tones that they just don't sound fun anymore. He's too grim now even when trying to crack wise.

Megatron's line of "Any useful clues..." to Perceptor is mis-captioned as "Many useful clues..."

Okay, there is admittedly a subtlety to Mark Hamill's performance that suggests that he's trying to do a decent job with his dialogue, but the animation on Megatronus's face never ever changing it from resembling anything beyond stoic unemotional boredom completely betrays any of Hamill's attempts to give any kind of emotion to the character.

Wait, did Megatronus not know that Unicron could speak through Rodimus via the Matrix of Chaos, when Megatronus was the one who gave it to Overlord (who used it on Rodimus) in the first place?

Huh, Rodimus Cron's altmode is still his Hot Rod car altmode. Guess that means he's less Rodimus Unicronus and more Nemesis Hot Rod.

Daggonit! They kept that stupid thing from the Covenant book about Solus having become the Well of All Sparks (renamed just the "Well of Sparks" here) when she died! The woman of the group becoming Cybertron's babymaker is dumb no matter what continuity it's in.

Okay, I did give a small chuckle to Megatron's unenthusiastic "Fine. Let's go save the universe... I guess."

But not at his "Fine. If it'll get you all to shut up," since that came right off the back of a rather unpleasantly moody speech about not leading anymore, and still had a touch of his jaded moodiness in it.

That last line of "Oh, Optimus... If you could see me now..." With this writing, I half expected it to be followed by a brief bit of Primal looking at him or saying "...I can," as though to knock on his also being named "Optimus".
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1964594)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on June 12th, 2018 @ 12:24pm CDT
I hope I don't misquote this one but my favorite Megatron line was
"oh good, I get to kill another Prime."
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1964687)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 12th, 2018 @ 10:17pm CDT
i would bet that we wont see optimus primal as optimal optimus in this
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1964703)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 13th, 2018 @ 1:21am CDT
They are saving that transformation for later
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965577)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 18th, 2018 @ 11:11pm CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965578)
Posted by Va'al on June 18th, 2018 @ 11:54pm CDT
It's Tuesday again, Seibertronians, and you all know what that means! The next episode of Machinima's Power of the Primes animated series has been uploaded and is ready to be viewed. Plus, we also have some behind the scenes looks with Jaime King, the voice of original Thirteen Solus Prime, via Machinima's Instagram account.

[quote]Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy Meet the Cast: Jaime King

In this BTS video for Transformers: Power of the Primes, actress Jaime King talks about the importance of her character's role in the Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy.

[/quote]

Instagram

This week's episode can be watched on Go90 here, or for viewers outside of the US, it will be available shortly on the Prime Wars Tumblr here. After you've watched the episode, share your thoughts with other Seibertronians in the Energon Pub Forums, and stay tuned for our review of the episode coming soon too!

Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965582)
Posted by Skritz on June 19th, 2018 @ 1:21am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:i would bet that we wont see optimus primal as optimal optimus in this

If you mean the whole show I wouldn't put it past Machinima's level of fail. They don't get the basics behind 'merch cartoons' which you'd think anyone with a braincell would have figured out.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965611)
Posted by o.supreme on June 19th, 2018 @ 9:18am CDT

All that being said however, this wasn't the most terrible episode from recent weeks.

Grimlock" "Are we there yet?" (Just 2 more weeks buddy and it will be over. Yay!)

Optimus Primal- Can do what no other Prime or Titan Can -Punch gods in their face.

Rodimus Unicronus (I see you heheh...)

I was actually hoping all those flaming piles would be those characters end, but somehow I don't think I'm going to get that satisfaction.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965622)
Posted by Randomhero on June 19th, 2018 @ 10:43am CDT
o.supreme wrote:There's been good TF Animated Series, bad TF Animated Series, and now, ones that, when I see a new episode is available, Ill wait until the next day, because I don't want my sleep ruined by dwelling on how awful they are.

Rodimus Unicronus (I see you heheh...)

Why watch it then? I’m not trying to be argumentative I really asking.

If I don’t like something I don’t watch it. I didn’t like RID so I never comeplety watched it. Only episodes that looked interesting but in the end I watched maybe 5 episodes and that i don’t feel obligated to ever watch the entire series.

So for anyone why are you watching this series if you dont like it? Is it to join in on bashing it with other strangers ons message board? What’s the reason because I legitimately don’t get it.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965623)
Posted by o.supreme on June 19th, 2018 @ 11:02am CDT

Prime Wars is what's new, and current, and what is worth discussing (good or bad). Trust me, most people are refraining. If this series were good, it'd have way more posts than it currently does. And you may think I'm being negative, but go back and see all the posts that could rightfully be considered spam. I agree saying "This Sucks", doesn't help or add anything. Saying why someone feels so, which I try to do, and admittedly may not be perfect at, is more important.

I can fairly confidently say, I REALLY wanted this to be good. CW had great potential for an awesome animated series, it just failed to execute on so many levels, and it just keeps on going. I know it wont get better, but with 2 episodes left, really, what else (other than IDW which is ending) is there currently going on in Transformers Media?
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965631)
Posted by Bronzewolf on June 19th, 2018 @ 12:18pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Contractually obligated. :D
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965634)
Posted by That_Guy on June 19th, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Contractually obligated. :D

Personally kills time at work, plus I want to complete the series, and it's a great way to stay in shape.

Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965635)
Posted by Randomhero on June 19th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Well I would watch the other animated TF series...oh wait, there isn't one on currently. Generally I enjoy TF animation (more so than the comics), and it pains me because I know that with better writers, staff, production budget, animation etc... a better product can be produced. Sure I could go back and watch the Original Animated series for the 800th time, Beast Wars for the 100th time, RiD for the 25th time, Prime for the 15th time etc... but after years and years, there really isn't much new to glean from those series, as much as I enjoy most of them.

But who says you have to though? And you are you being really negative. Your own post ended with you hoping all the ones that were attacked by Meagtronus died. Or that you’re saying you didn’t want to watch it before bed because you didn’t want it to ruin your sleep.

Nobody is making you watch it. You’re forcing yourself to watch something you don’t like to what? Complain? Join the crowd of haters? I don’t get it man. If you don’t like something just do not give it your time. You don’t. Have to see everything transformers. Plenty of people have admitted they don’t watch the movies because they don’t like them. Dropped the comics for reasons or just stopped collecting the toys because they don’t like them or just grew it if playing with toys.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965642)
Posted by william-james88 on June 19th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CDT
I feel we owe it to Hasbro to watch this as fans. This was made for us afterall. And we can say if we liked it or not. Never stopped fans doing it for the Bay films and those werent even made for fans specifically.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965651)
Posted by Burn on June 19th, 2018 @ 3:29pm CDT
I would much rather watch a trainwreck and be able to have an educated opinion rather than just jump on some hate bandwagon.

But honestly ... "are we there yet?" That's just terrible.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965654)
Posted by Skritz on June 19th, 2018 @ 4:21pm CDT
You know what's sad? Had any of the three (or a mix of some elements of all three) Prime Wars toyline and it's gimmicks and characters been used for a full-length Transformers show and done right, it could have been good. No really, hear me out. Yes it would have been a 'toy commercial' but in this franchise it's a requirement, isn't it?

Had they adapted Combiner Wars we could have had a show centered around various ensemble cast of combiner teams which used them both as individual characters and as an excuse to show giant combining robots punching each others as well as doing mix-and-match combinations which could have made for some neat fight scenes where colossal robots duke it out, lose limbs and the damaged robots just jump off the combiner while the limbs without a torso attach themselves to the combiner to keep it fighting.

Had Titans Return been adapted stand alone? We would essentially more or less ended up with The Rebirth but presumably better, complete possibly with Powermaster Optimus Prime making a debut in animated form (not counting Ginrai, of course) since he's the biggest Optimus toy on the line. Possibly it could have featured Overlord, [strike]Black[/strike] Sky Shadow and/or Sixshot in major villain roles.

Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 7 'Consequences' Now Online (1965655)
Posted by o.supreme on June 19th, 2018 @ 4:26pm CDT
Skritz wrote:How wrong is it that a more direct adaptation of the toyline as a shameless commercial could have ended up with more potential than this mess? :HEADHURTS:

It's not wrong, in fact, it's exactly what I was hoping for :(
Transformers products from AMAZON