Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction!

Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction!

Friday, December 12th, 2008 2:18pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 33,350

The upcoming Transformers/Marvel Crossovers figure, Captain America, is up for auction on Tao Bao.

This auction has many new images that give us a very in depth look at it's details and features.

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
See the Auction and all images by clicking here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news.

Credit(s): auction1.taobao.com

This article was last modified on Friday, December 12th, 2008 2:35pm CST

Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849538)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 12th, 2008 @ 3:11pm CST
His head looks very "Ultra Magnus-like".
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849539)
Posted by Blurrz on December 12th, 2008 @ 3:15pm CST
Damnnn, that's the best looking crossover so far.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849546)
Posted by Narc on December 12th, 2008 @ 3:48pm CST
Blurrz wrote:Damnnn, that's the best looking crossover so far.

I concur.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849599)
Posted by Valandar on December 12th, 2008 @ 5:46pm CST
This is so.

Too bad it has the 'scale mail' pattern on the hood / chest, or it could be an excellent repaint fodder.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849612)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on December 12th, 2008 @ 6:16pm CST
With some minor rescupting and a more sane colourscheme, I say he'd fit well in any main line.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849625)
Posted by Solrac333 on December 12th, 2008 @ 6:50pm CST
Is this the same mold as Wolverine? If so, this one is better.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849628)
Posted by Overcracker on December 12th, 2008 @ 6:55pm CST
omega666 wrote:Is this the same mold as Wolverine? If so, this one is better.

nope this is a completely different mold.

I really like it.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849648)
Posted by HighPrime on December 12th, 2008 @ 7:23pm CST
If you are going to buy only 1 Marvel Crossover.. make it this one.. I know I am :grin:
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849734)
Posted by Stormrider on December 12th, 2008 @ 9:50pm CST
His head keeps making me think of Homer Simpson.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849739)
Posted by Talous on December 12th, 2008 @ 10:03pm CST
I've come to like most of the figures in this line. Cap looks awsome.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849755)
Posted by Buttz on December 12th, 2008 @ 10:54pm CST
First of all, not even the most patriotic redneck would be caught dead driving around in that thing, and second of all, I thought the movie figures were ugly, but these things are hideous even by Chinese sweatshop standards.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849802)
Posted by Editor on December 13th, 2008 @ 1:02am CST
So far I have dismissed the Marvel releases as they have just not done anything for me. That said Cap doesn't look half bad in 'Bot mode. His Hummer mode does look like a bit sad thou.

I might pick this up, but I'll wait until I can see him in store first.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849830)
Posted by Valandar on December 13th, 2008 @ 3:21am CST
Looking at it some more - definitely repaint fodder if I get it. Assuming he's the same size as the others, that puts him between Voyager and Deluxe size.

Maybe if I smooth some gap filler across the hood/chest, and swap out the head, he'd make a decent Roadbuster - better than CD Hot Shot or Animated Magnus, at least...
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (849858)
Posted by rpetras on December 13th, 2008 @ 6:56am CST
I'm all over this.

Roadbuster repaint, here I come!
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (851701)
Posted by doomseer on December 17th, 2008 @ 12:46am CST
I think these crossovers are a bit rubbish. I may pick up the hulk tank one and find a better head for it though. I have a thing for 'tankformers'. lol
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (880291)
Posted by Guneagle01 on February 6th, 2009 @ 10:24pm CST
The first time I see this guy, I am buying him
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (880489)
Posted by typh0id on February 7th, 2009 @ 11:49am CST
Marvel Crossovers are not my favourite line by FAR but they aren't that bad really...You just have to get past the fact that they are robots that look similar to Marvel Superheroes (rather than actually looking like a more realistic human-type character)

Spider-man was rubbish, Thor is beyond rubbish, Venom is alright (but Carnage doesn't look NEARLY as good for that mold as Venom does)...Captain America is really nice actually, though he could definately benefit from some extra detailing...Hulk is nice except he's like the shortest of all of them which just looks silly when they are together...Wolverine is probably my favourite...It's very well done as far those guys go...
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (880523)
Posted by Overcracker on February 7th, 2009 @ 1:03pm CST
I liek a few of these molds.

Human Torch is pretty much my favorite. Jet mode is very cool, and Robot mode actually is better than i expected. He's close to giving off a Classics Vibe.

Cap looks pretty cool too. But I think his inevitable U.S. Agent Repaint will look heaps better. Red and dark gray with a little white will look much better on the hummer than blue and white.

As for Thor, well the colors are just a mimicking his original costume, its just the don;t go well for a A-10 warthog style plane. Of course they could have used the blue and silver Ultimate color scheme, but well they wen't for the classic look. I'm sure will be getting a repaint as Beta Ray bill or Ultimate in a more cohesive paint scheme.

I still want to see a Colossus Tank or a Dr. Doom Jet, or even a Punisher Battle Van.
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (880839)
Posted by Diem on February 8th, 2009 @ 8:53am CST
Valandar wrote:This is so.

The big "A" on the head doesn't help either.

Does anyone else think the colour scheme on the alt. mode is retarded?
Re: Marvel Crossovers Captain America on Auction! (880927)
Posted by typh0id on February 8th, 2009 @ 2:01pm CST
Diem wrote:
Valandar wrote:This is so.

The big "A" on the head doesn't help either.

Does anyone else think the colour scheme on the alt. mode is retarded?

It's not HALF as bad Thor...and what are you really expecting anyway? I haven't been under the impression that the crossover alt-modes are supposed to seriously look that realistic anyway...Just look at Spider man...They are ALL coloured in a scheme that reflects the character...

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY