Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com

Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 3:49am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,537

Fellow Seibertron.com user Tresob is helpful, yes? They have a tip about the Freelance Peacekeeping Agent Death's Head from the Marvel Avengers Infinite line - and created by Transformers wordsmith Simon Furman and brought to life by Geff Senior. It's ready to pre-order with shipping date of 23rd June at HasbroToyShop.com. Here's a reminder of what you'll be getting, courtesy of the Seibertron.com galleries. And in case you want a deal on the shipping, Tresob also reminds us of the 10htsdisc code for a 10% discount - nice of them, yes?

Transformers News: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com

Credit(s): HasbroToyShop.com

Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579045)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 3rd, 2014 @ 8:00am CDT
Amazon 3rd party sellers have it in-stock for a premium though.
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579047)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 3rd, 2014 @ 8:11am CDT
Out of stock.

Already went with BBTS, though. :)
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579062)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 3rd, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579082)
Posted by Seibertron on June 3rd, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:So are these coming to the shelf in normal stores? Or do I need to hunt and find one of these guys online?

I haven't seen the new Marvel Infinite Series figures anywhere here in Chicago. Not sure which chain is carrying them but I haven't seen anything at Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, Meijer, Kmart or Kohl's.
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579085)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 3rd, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
If that's the case... I KNOW they won't show their faces in Arkansas. Sigh. Sold out at BBTS. Anyone else have a lead?
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579086)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 3rd, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
This is a great looking figure. Too bad it's already going for a premium and has limited supplies it seems.
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579093)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 3rd, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579164)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 3rd, 2014 @ 4:51pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Shelf price is surprisingly cheap. If I could find it for twice that, I'd be pleased.

I'm getting mine through BBTS in July, this is a bad (good) summer for the Marvel Universe figures.
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579178)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 3rd, 2014 @ 5:15pm CDT
looks like ebay prices aren't impossible. Guess I'll go that route if I can't find another online retailer. Seems like a great way to add some old school Marvel character love without breaking the bank.

I'd love to get some of the Japan figures like Hi-Q and Alpha Trion, but the price of $100+ isn't worth it, sadly. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1579325)
Posted by neu318 on June 4th, 2014 @ 8:04am CDT
Just found him on: http://www.dorksidetoys.com/Marvel-Aven ... v53128.htm

for $12.99 plus shipping. Paid around $17.00
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1580931)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on June 10th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
He's arrived, yes?

Just got in from a long day at work so will post some more pics tomorrow eh?

Maybe even do a review yes? (ok I'll stop now... Yes?)
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1580990)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 10th, 2014 @ 10:47pm CDT
leakin' lubricant wrote:He's arrived, yes?

Just got in from a long day at work so will post some more pics tomorrow eh?

Maybe even do a review yes? (ok I'll stop now... Yes?)
Where'd you get yours from? I preordered from BBTS and it's still on preorder for July there.
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581018)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on June 11th, 2014 @ 12:35am CDT
Got him off eBay cost me £20 which I didn't think was too bad considering being shipped from the US and that hasn't officially hit stores yet
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581056)
Posted by neu318 on June 11th, 2014 @ 7:17am CDT
I got mine last week. Was not expecting it since it said preorder for June 23.
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581224)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on June 11th, 2014 @ 3:58pm CDT
Well finally got him out of the packaging so I thoughts I'd do a brief review.

Now this figure has caused a great deal of discussion, the old is he isn't he a Transformers character debate, personally as a kid growing up in Manchester England, Deaths Head was a huge part of the reason I continued to read the comics, he was such an unpredictable and hard as nails character is was impossible not to be excited by him. This figure perfectly captures the presence he commanded in those old comics. The proportions are perfect and the he'd sculpt is superb. Now that doesn't mean that this is a perfect figure though, there are two things that bug me a little with the figure, the main problem is fixable so I'll start with that. As you can see in the photo above there is a large gap in the mid torso. I've tried to capture this better below.

This causes a huge problem when posing as the whole upper torso/shoulder/cape section just kinda flops around making him quite unstable, as I said this is fixable, I applied a dab of superglue beneath the chest and cape section to secure it to the rest of the figure, which looks much better aesthetically and provides greater stability when posing. See the picture below.

The second issue with this figure is the use of that weird rubbery plastic that all the main toy companies seem to be using these days, I don't mind it in certain areas such as the cape, but it is also used for his weapons and shield which make it difficult to store on his back without them constantly falling off, I can't help but feel that if they were to have used a slightly more robust material the weapons would store much more effectively.

Now on to the good stuff, he has good articulation, with a ball jointed head universal joints on his shoulders, hinge joints on his elbows and wrist rotation (thanks to the ability to swap his hands for weaponry), moving down the figure there is some movement in the mid torso section, hinge joints on the hips with thigh swivels and finally capped of with some ankle articulation, all of which provide the opportunity for some pretty dynamic posing options. The paints appear of good quality and the metallic finish on both the main body and the armour really make the figure pop.

I took the liberty of adding in some more weaponry in those pictures, just felt they added to the figure a little.

As for scale I would class him as a small deluxe, here's a couple of reference shots.

All in all I feel he is a very good figure, the cape section is a bit of a disappointment however easily fixed with some super glue, and some parts of the figure would have benefited from the use of more robust materials, but the fanboy factor of the this figure more than makes up for the above issues, he looks as though he has leapt right off the comic book pages and I am more thn happy to incorporate him into my Transformers collection. He looks good, yes?

Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581247)
Posted by Va'al on June 11th, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
Fellow Seibertron.com member leakin' lubricant was lucky enough to receive their new Marvel Avengers Infinite Death's Head figure, and were kind enough to take the time to prepare a pictorial review of this great looking action figure. You'll give it a look, yes?

*Disclaimer: No, this is not a Transformers figure. Yes, it is front page news. The character started out in the Transformers comics, created in this incarnation by Simon Furman and Geoff Senior, and here at Seibertron.com we just really like him. So bear with us.

leakin' lubricant wrote:Well finally got him out of the packaging so I thought I'd do a brief review.

Now this figure has caused a great deal of discussion, the old 'is he isn't he a Transformers character' debate. Personally as a kid growing up in Manchester, England, Death's Head was a huge part of the reason I continued to read the comics, he was such an unpredictable and hard as nails character is was impossible not to be excited by him. This figure perfectly captures the presence he commanded in those old comics. The proportions are perfect and the head sculpt is superb. Now that doesn't mean that this is a perfect figure though, there are two things that bug me a little. The main problem is fixable so I'll start with that. As you can see in the photo above there is a large gap in the mid torso. I've tried to capture this better below.

This causes a huge problem when posing as the whole upper torso/shoulder/cape section just kinda flops around making him quite unstable; as I said this is fixable, I applied a dab of superglue beneath the chest and cape section to secure it to the rest of the figure, which looks much better aesthetically and provides greater stability when posing. See the picture below.

The second issue with this figure is the use of that weird rubbery plastic that all the main toy companies seem to be using these days, I don't mind it in certain areas such as the cape, but it is also used for his weapons and shield which makes it difficult to store them on his back without them constantly falling off, I can't help but feel that if they were to have used a slightly more robust material the weapons would store much more effectively.

Now on to the good stuff: he has good articulation, with a ball jointed head, universal joints on his shoulders, hinge joints on his elbows and wrist rotation (thanks to the ability to swap his hands for weaponry). Moving down the figure there is some movement in the mid torso section, hinge joints on the hips with thigh swivels and finally capped of with some ankle articulation, all of which provide the opportunity for some pretty dynamic posing options. The paints appear of good quality and the metallic finish on both the main body and the armour really make the figure pop.

All in all I feel he is a very good figure, the cape section is a bit of a disappointment however easily fixed with some super glue, and some parts of the figure would have benefited from the use of more robust materials, but the fanboy factor of the this figure more than makes up for the above issues, he looks as though he has leapt right off the comic book pages and I am more than happy to incorporate him into my Transformers collection. He looks good, yes?

Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581253)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 11th, 2014 @ 5:40pm CDT
Maybe someone cleared this up before, but this figure is mostly accurate to the costume he had right after he left the TF book. Right after chasing Cyclonus and Scourge through Unicron's time portal, he bumped into The Doctor who shrank him to human size with The Master's matter condenser before flinging him into 8162, where his first encounter with Furman's team Dragon's Claws damaged him badly enough that he needed a full overhaul.

That's the look Death's Head maintained throughout his own title, so it's certainly appropriate, but I expect to see a LOT of attempts at kitbashing green padding onto this figure in this summer's Creative Roundups. If we all buy 2 or three for that purpose, hopefully the sales will convince Hasbro and Marvel to greenlight a 6" ML Death's Head to scale better with our TFs.

Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581256)
Posted by Va'al on June 11th, 2014 @ 5:45pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:And at the risk of opening another can of turbo-worms, which Bee's in the pics with him? I don't recognize it.

ToyWorld Bii, I believe. Third party item. :-$

And I mean, the official reason for having it frontpaged is that.. we want to. But I put the disclaimer there as people have complained or questioned it previously. ;)
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581273)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 11th, 2014 @ 6:52pm CDT
Nice figure spotlight. Can you tell me whose guns Death's Head is holding? For super secret reasons, I need small pistol-like guns for a character.
Re: Marvel Infinite Death's Head Pre-Orders at HasbroToyShop.com (1581325)
Posted by Flashwave on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:35pm CDT
So is/ws this something available at TRU? Or another bricky store?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 26 WWII World War 2" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RISE OF THE DECEPTICONS # 24 OCT 2020 NEW COVER A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY