Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 9:01am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,380

We have a few updates from third-party toy maker MasterMind Creations to share. First a couple of new images of their upcoming KM-03 Cyclops have popped up on the Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group facebook page. This figure based on Shockwave's appearance in IDW's Hearts of Steel comic series promises to be the largest single figure ever produced by a third-party group to date.

Next MasterMind Creations have posted the Terminus Hexatron renders that were displayed at the Victoria Toy Show earlier this year. All six modes modes clearly visible in their correct colors.

They also posted more images of the translucent prototype that was on display. Interesting note, Penguin One of FMH states this prototype is so fragile it can barely transform. One would assume that's because of the translucent material and not the actual mold design. They hope to have a better "working" prototype soon.

Credit(s): TF Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group, MMC

This article was last modified on Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 9:13am CST

Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320444)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 7th, 2011 @ 9:29am CST
I can't wait to own both of these figures. Sixshot looks great. Hopefully, the quality will follow suit.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320449)
Posted by alldarker on December 7th, 2011 @ 9:32am CST
KM-03 Cyclops: HELL YES!!!

Terminus Hexadron: mehhhh.... Not so much. Original Sixshot still looks better in most modes than this upgraded version, to be honest.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320451)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 7th, 2011 @ 9:34am CST
Feet don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now! Ok seriously awesome. Seriously. If I had to critique, I would say the wings in puma/tiger mode look a little weak, COULD JUST BE THE ANGEL THOUGH. I willl have this.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320460)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 7th, 2011 @ 9:54am CST
you are losing hasbro. ok? YOU ARE LOSING THE WAR!
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320462)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 7th, 2011 @ 9:56am CST
Hmm, let's hope they use beefier plastic on Sixshot, there.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320465)
Posted by Requiem Prime on December 7th, 2011 @ 9:59am CST
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320470)
Posted by Kibble on December 7th, 2011 @ 10:09am CST
Requiem Prime wrote:Wow, and both these things are going to be huge. How much did they make off of their KMC?

Too big IMO...not only will they look out of place with their counterparts, the price will surely reflect the grandiose size. I may well just skip both whereas they were both likely sure buys had they been voyager to ultra sized... Bummer.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320471)
Posted by Xephon0930 on December 7th, 2011 @ 10:14am CST
Sixshot looks awesome!!!! But I still wish they had the Brave series equivalent Shadowmaru as an option. Maybe in some of the later revisions like MP-02 and MP-04 Optimus Prime. I can only hope....
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320475)
Posted by Joetx on December 7th, 2011 @ 10:20am CST
Terminus Hexatron looks awesome. In addition, he seems to have a wide range of movement/articulation, unlike Sixshot.

Cyclops, OTOH, looks too bulky.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320485)
Posted by Rated X on December 7th, 2011 @ 10:34am CST

And for the record the name "Terminus Hexatron" sounds like some kind of weird disease.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320496)
Posted by Xephon0930 on December 7th, 2011 @ 11:03am CST
I know that it is to expected that off all the modes of Sixshot and his other variants,the car mode is going to get the most shaft out of looking good compared to other modes.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320497)
Posted by Andrius on December 7th, 2011 @ 11:06am CST
Rated X wrote:I want that Sixshot !!! Too bad they insist on making him so big and expensive. I see a KO coming in voyager or ultra size for half the price down the line.

Did I miss something? Have we heard final size/price details? I feel out of the loop suddenly...
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320499)
Posted by Kibble on December 7th, 2011 @ 11:10am CST
We know the size, more or less...the price is just assumed with 3rd Party product being inherently expensive. Bigger pretty much always costs more than smaller...
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320502)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 7th, 2011 @ 11:18am CST

They had several runs of the original mold. They are starting the second run of the original KMC. They also did Annihilator, they have the upcoming purple Cherry Bomb toys exclusive and later down the line they are planning the white Ultra Steampunk version complete with armor in cooporation with Renderform and eNcliNe.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320504)
Posted by morphobots on December 7th, 2011 @ 11:20am CST
While I'm more than happy with my original Sixshot and won't be buying this, I must agree Hexatron is one sexy beast. Like they took the original and did a heavy anime makeover on him, which I think is only fitting for his ninja background from the cartoon.

As for Cyclops, he's looking better with every photo coming out, but now I'm starting to worry about price. Is that light piping or an LED in the head? The latter adds to the cost. I've been waiting a long time for this guy, now I'm wondering if I can afford him because of his size. I'm not in the "too big" camp, mind you. At his rumored size, his alt mode would be close to scale with HoS Prime/Knight Morpher, which I like. And "too bulky" doesn't factor in either. 19th Century "tech" was bulky. One of the points of the original series was how would TFs deal with the drawbacks of the Industrial Revolution, including no energy options for mass conversion. He's just starting to look like he's beyond my paygrade.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320511)
Posted by dinogeist on December 7th, 2011 @ 11:42am CST
So Cyclops is getting released first then second will be hexatron?

Are both cyclops & hexatron being released at the same time?

when they say early spring for both are they saying around the month of march 2012 or april 2012?

Too bad both cyclops & hexatron weren't rushed to the market like Make toys battle tanker was.

I love Hexatron on various levels. level 1-he's super poseable.
level 2-he's leader sized. level 3-he's one of my favotite 6 changer 1987 toys & personas. level 4-hexatron appears to be designed in my all time favorite AEC toy line styled design sculpted aesthetics. even right down to the ratchet joints designs in the hips.

I probably will pass on cyclops,since he's a HOC homage & not a 1985 G-1 shockwave homage.

if these 3rd party toy companies ever create a 1985 styled shockwave toy with a robot & space laser gun alt mode & it's voyager sized or higher,then i'll buy it in a heart beat.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320513)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 7th, 2011 @ 11:48am CST
The more I see of Cyclops the more I like it. Hexatron still looks really cool as well, but I think his beast head looks too wolf-like. The original looked more like a puma. There's also a lot of detail lines and spiky bits, makes him look a bit movie-ish. Still cool though. I'm fairly certain I won't be able to afford these figures, but I'm interested nonetheless.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320529)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 7th, 2011 @ 12:16pm CST
I'm not opposed to giant figures, and I realise Cyclop's vehicle mode is probably to scale with that of Knight Morpher's, but I do feel he's unneccessarily large. I can't see many being produced in the initial release given that it'll likely command a very high price; one that'll be too high for me. Should I win the lottery then I'd definately get it. It's a great looking figure and I love the concept behind Heart of Steel.

Not seeing anything new of Terminus Hexatron, there's not much to say. Still looks like a beast of a figure. Just hope they can overcome the fragility issue.
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320674)
Posted by mbd88prime on December 7th, 2011 @ 7:25pm CST
as frank barone would say, holy crap, his eye is lighting up! He's huge! holy crap.

and hexatron is sweet as hell

Look out third parties mastermind looks to be upping the ante with huge figs and electronics!

my wallet is prepared to bend over now......
Re: MasterMind Creations Updates: New KM-03 Cyclops Images and Terminus Hexatron Renders (1320768)
Posted by Blurrz on December 8th, 2011 @ 12:21am CST
Tidalwavex wrote:

It wasn't rushed. We saw Battle Tanker in it's final stages a few months ago, while Cyclops/Hexatron were still in prototype form at the time. If the toy was supposed to be released now it would be full of fail.

Andrius wrote:

Nope.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 64 Cliff jumper Bumblebee Movie" on EBAY