Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory

Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory

Monday, September 12th, 2016 2:47pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 39,785

Seibertron.com has gotten a hold of the Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversary Blu-ray sets and has now fired up the ole Blu-ray set to try out the movie. Upon checking out the Blu-ray disk, there are a couple of interesting things to note.

The menu screen for the Blu-ray version of the movie shows off Optimus Prime and Hot Rod, with Optimus showing off the matrix and all its glowing energy. It also has the Decepticons and Unicron in various positions in the background. But the most interesting thing happens when one goes to the Bonus Features screen, which features 3 brand new features: 'Til All Are One, a retrospective documentary with the cast; Transformers: The Restoration; and Rolling out the New Cover.

Transformers News: Transformers: The Movie: Menus and Bonus Features

Transformers News: Transformers: The Movie: Menus and Bonus Features

Transformers News: Transformers: The Movie: Menus and Bonus Features

Transformers News: Transformers: The Movie: Menus and Bonus Features

Yesterday's Twincast/Podcast #155 also got a hand in checking out the new features, so feel free to head on over and download the Podcast to listen to some of the staff's thoughts on the new release of the movie.

This new version of the classic 1986 movie is set to be released tomorrow, September 13, so head on over to the below links to get your copy of this milestone movie!

The TRANSFORMERS - THE MOVIE Limited Edition, 30th Anniversary Steelbook
Available at Amazon and in stores at select retail locations
Pre-order now at:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HHGAIHE/re ... DxbN86P9XP

The TRANSFORMERS - THE MOVIE 30th Anniversary Two-disc Blu-ray™ set and DVD
Widely available
Pre-order now at:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GU82O9U/re ... BxbBG6Q0ZA
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GU82O9K/re ... IaBxb0SR36

This article was last modified on Monday, September 12th, 2016 3:59pm CDT

Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824070)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 12th, 2016 @ 2:53pm CDT
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824117)
Posted by Kyleor on September 12th, 2016 @ 3:29pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:For whatever reason, even though I pre-ordered over a month ago, I won't get my copy of the movie from Amazon until Wednesday.

I guess Amazon doesn't think the movie is "cool enough" to offer release date shipping like they do for other things?
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824157)
Posted by Randomhero on September 12th, 2016 @ 4:49pm CDT
I'm really conflicted on getting this. I had the VHS I bought the DVD, I have 20th anniversary DVD and I've seen the movie so many times I don't ever need to watch it again. Do I really need a new "bonus feature" with flint dillie saying for the millionth time "well we killed Optimus prime because he was just a toy and he wasn't on the shelves anymore. That's all he was, a toy. We didn't think kids would be locking themselves on their rooms over it"?
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824159)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 12th, 2016 @ 4:57pm CDT
yeah, the real selling point for me is the quality. Now that we all have bigger TVs, getting the high def version of the film seems like it needs to happen.

The Japanese cover is also a huge bonus to me. That cover is beautiful.
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824160)
Posted by o.supreme on September 12th, 2016 @ 5:00pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I've seen the movie so many times I don't ever need to watch it again.

Nonsense!...you can never see this movie too many times 8-)
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824179)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on September 12th, 2016 @ 6:32pm CDT

really? Mine is coming tomorrow the blueray with steelbook and the DvD
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824182)
Posted by BlackCharger on September 12th, 2016 @ 6:48pm CDT
I ask because the Walking Dead season 6 DVD doesn't have the unedited Megan scene so I was wondering if something similar would occur with this.
Thank you for any and all help!
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824186)
Posted by Easy Tiger on September 12th, 2016 @ 7:17pm CDT
I've basically bought every version of every format of this film released in the UK (and a couple that weren't) and the one thing I really, really, really want is for the few glaring instances of miscoloured characters to be corrected.

Hell, even just colouring one of the two Frenzys as Rumble (you know which shot I mean) would be enough to make it the best version, in my eyes.
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824202)
Posted by ScottyP on September 12th, 2016 @ 9:02pm CDT
BlackCharger wrote:Will the Blueray and Steelbook Blueray have features that the DVD version will not have or will they all have the same features on all of the versions?
Thank you for any and all help!
Not aware of any differences between the two special feature wise - this is based on the info from Shout Factory's website ;)^
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824257)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 13th, 2016 @ 1:22am CDT
Kyleor wrote:

chaosalphaandomega wrote:

really? Mine is coming tomorrow the blueray with steelbook and the DvD

I emailed them several times today because I wanted to know what was going on. The pre-order DID have day of release delivery, that's what all their movies and CDs offer. They did explain how things are shipped and I did get a free month of Prime.
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824358)
Posted by 9adam83 on September 13th, 2016 @ 10:34am CDT
I got the steel book version on Saturday, Shout Factory shipped it early! I must say I have the Australia version Blu Ray disk and this set blew that one away! The quality on this blu ray was amazing. I was watching this on a Samsung 55 inch LED TV and I have NEVER seen this movie look so vibrant, full of color and background details are truly amazing. The only negative was there are only a few new bonus features and they show you how they cleaned up the film and the process of the 4K transfer which was very cool. The bonus materials are from the 25th Anniversary disc but still overall I was very happy with this purchase. The poster that comes with the Blu Ray set is very nice as well but you have to order directly from Shout Factory to get it. It is very nice to see the amount of effort that went into this project from Shout Factory. Hot Rod looks amazing, when Megatron is transformed into Galvatron you can see a huge difference in the purple lines used to transform him , the Earth scenes with Hot Rod and Daniel are bright and colorful. Sound quality was also good. If you watch this film in a dark room like you would in a movie theater, I think you will be very impressed with it. A lot of scenes were cleaned up, removing imperfections etc and you can see the difference very clearly! This Blu Ray made my day! Thank you for restoring a wonderful piece of animation history! :BOT: :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824393)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 13th, 2016 @ 11:34am CDT
Is the movie in surround sound?
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824421)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on September 13th, 2016 @ 1:07pm CDT
Anybody having issues transferring the digital copy to an iPad or iPhone?
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824441)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on September 13th, 2016 @ 1:49pm CDT
9adam83 wrote: Hot Rod looks amazing,

Any chance of a screen capture (or even just snapping a pic of the screen with a camera)? Hot Rod looking right (as opposed to how he did on the 20th DVD) takes this from a "meh, I'll probably get it eventually" to "oh man, I better snap this up as soon as possible)
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824489)
Posted by o.supreme on September 13th, 2016 @ 3:12pm CDT

No such luck...but I was close enough to a non-chain media store...low and behold they had it! $20. No need to pre-order weeks/months in advance, just walk on in and buy it...Ahh I miss the good old days. 8-)
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824490)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 13th, 2016 @ 3:14pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:So...on my lunch break I decided to check out Best Buy (they had the best price for Civil War between themselves, Target & Wal-Mart...) I knew the 2 big chains would not have TF:TM..but thought Best Buy might...

Local Walmart had the DVD + Digital Copy but not the Blu-ray. Luckily my Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy is sitting in my mailbox ;)^
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824496)
Posted by o.supreme on September 13th, 2016 @ 3:22pm CDT
cool...but then again Wal-Marts in my area have always been bad when it comes to media selection.
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824513)
Posted by mesh on September 13th, 2016 @ 3:47pm CDT
hey canadians, for those who have not pre-ordered and are looking to find one in the stores, have any of you had any luck?
The local Best Buy in my area has informed me that there are no copies in Ontario or Canada for that matter.
Is there a shortage of this going around that I don't know about?
This is bogus! :oops: :-x :BANG_HEAD: :evil: :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824526)
Posted by o.supreme on September 13th, 2016 @ 4:01pm CDT
mesh wrote:Is there a shortage of this going around that I don't know about?

I'll trade you a copy of the TF:TM Blu Ray I found in store for a CW Computron you can find in store ;)
Re: Menus and Bonus Features for Transformers: The Movie from Shout! Factory (1824548)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 13th, 2016 @ 4:23pm CDT
So is this available in stores or is it an online only thing? I stopped in TRU, target, walmart & bestbuy today but no one had it. Going to be passing by a different target & bestbuy tomorrow but if its not in stores i wont bother stopping.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave & Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Wave 2 Acid Storm Toxic Terror RT T01" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY