Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers

Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers

Saturday, July 14th, 2007 7:37pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 13,419

A new article about the Transformers Movie was posted on FXGuide.com. The article is about how Micheal Bay, the film's director, went about editing the movie. Read the article by clicking FXGuide.com. To find news about other articles about the Transformers Movie, check out the Seibertron.com Transformers Movie Section.

Credit(s): FXGuide.com

Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221338)
Posted by Zeds on July 14th, 2007 @ 7:49pm CDT
Can't wait for the DVD release of this movie with all the extras and the dirctor's cut and all that other savory stuff that makes my mouth water!
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221368)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 14th, 2007 @ 7:59pm CDT
so since the 360 game got the "cybertron edition" title....does this mean they wont be able to use that for the dvd release? lol

and i'm willing to bet there will be an autobot and decepticon cover to make the hardcore collectors buy it twice..lol
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221444)
Posted by Myriagon on July 14th, 2007 @ 8:47pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221489)
Posted by Zeds on July 14th, 2007 @ 9:22pm CDT
Myriagon wrote:man i really wanna get teh dvd just to see the movie frame after frame after frame and again, lol.

QFT! That will fast become a past time for me when the DVD is in-hand.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221608)
Posted by Kalon on July 14th, 2007 @ 10:21pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221634)
Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi on July 14th, 2007 @ 10:37pm CDT
Kalon wrote:I know how he edited the movie, I don't need to read a story about it. He did it just like shown in my sig.

don't see how nor agree with the edit did that to the Transformers. Have you read the article to see how much effort was invovled or do you simply dismiss it because this film wasn't to your taste?
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221646)
Posted by Kalon on July 14th, 2007 @ 10:47pm CDT
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221649)
Posted by Robinson on July 14th, 2007 @ 10:48pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221668)
Posted by xxaMaxx on July 14th, 2007 @ 11:00pm CDT
Kalon wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Funny, I'm not trained in video yet feel that I am more than capable of evaluating this movie myself. It's not going to win Oscar's, but it is entertaining.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221710)
Posted by Phenotype on July 14th, 2007 @ 11:34pm CDT
Kalon wrote:Having worked as an editor(Trained in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier and Avid Xpress) I know the process. The movie was a waste of film.

There's really no pleasing you is there? I guess you'll just have to cry yourself to sleep again tonight.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221718)
Posted by KoH4711 on July 14th, 2007 @ 11:41pm CDT
“I watched the first episode of the [1984] TV series just to get a flavor”, says Rubell. “I didn't want to be influenced beyond that. None of the editors are fan-boys, so we were often taken to the Bay woodshed for cutting out some important reference to the original series.

I found that bit of the article pretty interesting. It would be nice if they did an extra showing some of these homages that might be missed the first time through.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221721)
Posted by on July 14th, 2007 @ 11:42pm CDT

Just because you've worked as an editor and used editing software does not make you an expert. I can cite a friend of mine who has done direction and loved the movie.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221724)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 14th, 2007 @ 11:46pm CDT
Thats all good, but whens the DVD with all the extra extended stuff coming out!?!
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221728)
Posted by Mkall on July 14th, 2007 @ 11:49pm CDT
Knock it off guys. Kalon has the right to his opinion
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221742)
Posted by on July 14th, 2007 @ 11:57pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Knock it off guys. Kalon has the right to his opinion

My apologies, Mkall. I was just trying to say that claiming that working as editor does not make his opinion more valid.

Certainly, my statement was not intended to state that he no right to his opinion.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221769)
Posted by demarcusgd on July 15th, 2007 @ 12:14am CDT
I'm a G1'er and even I've got to say, seriously movie haters and Opinion Police knock it off... The movie came out, Bay's gets the last laugh, G1 purists are still grumbling and we'll all be doing this same dance when TF2 comes out... at any rate...

Good article, though I didn't care for the flick, I liked the technical info. And this isn't a dig, but jeez, I bet Bay can be a nightmare to edit for, his style seems like murder... I thought a rather odd tidbit was that the editors were "taken to the woodshed" by Bay, for editing out material that referenced the series, there's a joke in there somewhere.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221796)
Posted by atatcommander on July 15th, 2007 @ 12:33am CDT
Very interesting article, and awesome movie. Can't wait for the sequel.
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221803)
Posted by Lord_Megatron on July 15th, 2007 @ 12:48am CDT
atatcommander wrote:Very interesting article, and awesome movie. Can't wait for the sequel.

I couldn't agree with you more!
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221842)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 15th, 2007 @ 1:24am CDT
Stuff the DVD, I need Blu Ray.

Why on earth would they edit out stuff the core fans would appreciate? It makes no sense I tell you!
Re: Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers (221881)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 15th, 2007 @ 2:15am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Stuff the DVD, I need Blu Ray.

Because Bay didnt want to make a toy movie and he had no clue bout TF to start with. That and he had to make a movie that evrey one would like not just the core fans. Even though i think he could've made a G1 movie and evrey one would've still liked it. Im suprised half the G1 reffrences made it in. Im sure there was alot that got cut that was based on G1. I liked the movie. It wasnt the best thing to come from TF but it sure as hell is better than what we've had for the past 5 years or so. For all of those that say "oh the movie sucked it ruined TF" go and watch the hole armada, and cybertron series back to back then watch the movie and tell me that its the worst thing in the TF universe.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY