More Alternity Convoy Images

More Alternity Convoy Images

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 8:12am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 18,503

Toys R' Us Japan.com- More pictures of the new Alternity line's initial offering have appeared at Toys R' Us Japan online (www.toysrus.co.jp).

You can see the new images of the Vibrant Red Alternity Convoy here, and the silver version here.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

What do you think of the new Alternity concept? Is it a workable replacement for Binaltech? Do you think that HASBRO should import them to the U.S. for domestic release here? Let us know what you think.

Credit(s): Toys R' Us Japan online

Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819400)
Posted by neliz on October 22nd, 2008 @ 8:27am CDT
Win, who could fail with Autobot shorts and a six pack like that??

Only the piece on the back of Prime's head distracts from his distinctive facial features.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819403)
Posted by Diem on October 22nd, 2008 @ 8:33am CDT
I'll get the silver version and pretend it's a new and interesting character...

...instead of yet...another...bloody...Prime!
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819409)
Posted by Asphalt22 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 8:43am CDT
If they were inexpensive I would pick up Us released ones. But really robot Abs? Is that really needed?
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819414)
Posted by Anonymous on October 22nd, 2008 @ 8:48am CDT
Robot abs 4TW!!!! Now Transformers are reaching out to body builders! hellz yeah! I think ill smoke some crack now!
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819425)
Posted by neliz on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:08am CDT
Diem wrote:I'll get the silver version and pretend it's a new and interesting character...

...instead of yet...another...bloody...Prime!

Dude, mandatory Magnus Repaint!
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819432)
Posted by Diem on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:12am CDT
neliz wrote:

...instead of yet...another...bloody...Prime!

Dude, mandatory Magnus Repaint!
And the inevitable Nemesis Prime...

...sigh.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819434)
Posted by neliz on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:15am CDT
Diem wrote:And the inevitable Nemesis Prime...

...sigh.

Gotta Catch'm All!
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819435)
Posted by Sledge on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:16am CDT
If Hasbro do an all-plastic version, as with Binaltech, I'd be interested. Depending on price, of course.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819441)
Posted by Diem on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:21am CDT
neliz wrote:
Diem wrote:And the inevitable Nemesis Prime...

...sigh.

Gotta Catch'm All!
Gotta catch the same ones repeatedly. Seriously. New characters please.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819457)
Posted by Robot4762 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:36am CDT
I think the silver one is UM.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819467)
Posted by astrobard on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:43am CDT
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819475)
Posted by neliz on October 22nd, 2008 @ 9:49am CDT
astrobard wrote:why must create a new line named alternity? why can't just continue in alt/bt line?

So Tak/Has can make more money.. it's quite simple really.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819502)
Posted by Hard Hacker on October 22nd, 2008 @ 10:27am CDT
Just like the movie line but with less kibble splits. I like the look of the silver version though, but I get the impression Prime'll be better as Smockscreen.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819504)
Posted by coolpop on October 22nd, 2008 @ 10:33am CDT

:-?
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819514)
Posted by J.T.Silversmith on October 22nd, 2008 @ 10:43am CDT
I am suprised to find I like the silver version better, I was expecting to prefer the red one. Like some of you others, I am going to pretend this guy is a new character, sort of. In my mind the silver one is Prowl after he becomes leader of the Autobots. I just hope I can get a hold of one, this guy looks quite interesting.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819541)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 11:37am CDT
I like and I want. Not sure which one though.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819545)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 22nd, 2008 @ 11:40am CDT
coolpop wrote:With the revival of Takara's Binaltech line, I began to think less of this new Alternity line, mainly due to smaller 1:32 scale. Smaller figures with diecast materials tend to yield bigger panel gaps in proportion. Well, I'm still sitting on the fence.

:-?

I think the last story of Binaltech that came with Convoy basically turned it into Alternity. I don't think BT will continue except as Alternity.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819649)
Posted by TFBuyer on October 22nd, 2008 @ 1:47pm CDT
Wow, I guess ending the Alternators line wasn't a bad move after all, because I'm finding it very difficult to get excited about this whatsoever.
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819721)
Posted by wardamnpjm1 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 2:52pm CDT
I am beginning to think we (the trans collecting community)are getting duped.I am tired of half lines(exeption animated)! Has/Tak/Tommy are milking me/us dry.They always start a new line the same way Prime/Megs then 1 or 5 other characters and the line dies,and we start over again.I have more Prime/Megs/seeker molds and repaints of these same molds than I have shelf space.Is it us?Have we become so picky that we lose interest in a line or characters that quickly that Has/Tak/Tommy has to scrap the line because of dying profits? or Is it that they know we will buy the 10,000th prime and Megs mold if they make it.G1 (toys r us)re-issue line died,binaltech/alternators,etc....etc....all dead. How long before encore and masterpiece follow? Then we start all over again with lines like alternity.I make a stand today,I cancelled my alternity orders.I want some continuity from a line before I start over with another with the same ol same characters!!!!Rant over. :-x
Re: More Alternity Convoy Images (819743)
Posted by neliz on October 22nd, 2008 @ 3:27pm CDT
Good point.. but the less people buy it, the bigger the chance it gets canceled.. :(

I want Alts to come back, heck.. just a few repaints at first maybe, but the thing is that that same repaint strategy is costing has/tak.

I'll buy quality over quantity (alts/mp over animated/universe) but asking one new Alternator mold per year and a repaint or two is obviously too much already.

Dwindling intrest? don't produce 15.000 Sunstreakers and 2000 Swerves!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mega Class Sky-Byte Shark 2001 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY