More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs

Transformers News: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs

Wednesday, April 15th, 2009 9:32PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 17,048

Shout! Factory DVD producer Brian Ward has started a thread on the Shout! Factory Community Message Boards providing fans with more detailed information regarding Shout! Factory's release of the original Transformers cartoon on DVD, starting on June 16th with the release of Season 1. You can view that thread by clicking here.
Credit(s): Brian Ward, Shout! Factory Community Forums
Re: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs (910844)
Posted by AutobotJazz on April 15th, 2009 @ 10:19pm CDT
it sounds like this set will be done very nicely and correctly. I own the entire rhino run of the series, but I'll more than likely buy this. Scratch that, I am buying this set.
Re: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs (910857)
Posted by rpetras on April 15th, 2009 @ 10:41pm CDT
I have the Rhino set so I may or may not get this set.

But anyone looking for info on GI Joe can hit this related thread:

Re: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs (910864)
Posted by Tirade on April 15th, 2009 @ 11:30pm CDT
Glad to see Shout!Factory is fielding questions. So far I am very impressed with their handling of Transformers and GI Joe. If what they say is true regarding the releases, these should be superior to the Rhino releases. Pity that the DiC GI Joe eps are still on hold. Maybe Shout! will work things out with Cookie Jar in the near future. That would be great.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing these guys at BotCon. Just another reason I'm thrilled that BotCon is so near to where I live :grin:.
Re: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs (911008)
Posted by SpacerAM2 on April 16th, 2009 @ 10:32am CDT
I don't like Shout too much. They have the habit of not releasing the whole series like Healthcliff & the Cadillac Cats {just half of the first season}, C.O.P.S.{the first 24 episodes},etc. Good for the people that missed Sunbow g1 Transformers or Sunbow G.I. Joe the first time. Lets see if Shout release the full series of both this time.
Re: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs (911010)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on April 16th, 2009 @ 10:36am CDT
SpacerAM2 wrote:I don't like Shout too much. They have the habit of not releasing the whole series like Healthcliff & the Cadillac Cats {just half of the first season}, C.O.P.S.{the first 24 episodes},etc.

I take it you didn't read the thread, which explains why they didn't.

[quote]We still hold the rights to the DiC series we've released (and then some) and must continue any work through Cookie Jar, if we intend to continue to release titles like the third volume of Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, the second volume of Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors, etc. The contract is still there and valid. But since we've not released anything from DiC since they were acquired by Cookie Jar, we have no real relationships with those folks. I have not personally dealt with anyone at Cookie Jar.[/quote]
Re: More Information On Shout! Factory's Upcoming G1 Transformers DVDs (911039)
Posted by Duke of Luns on April 16th, 2009 @ 12:19pm CDT
This is sounding so awsome :grin: . Hope they release the complete series detail soon, cause I'm getting that for sure.
Transformers products from AMAZON