More Interviews on IGN

More Interviews on IGN

Wednesday, June 6th, 2007 2:37am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News, Interviews
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 19,958

IGN.com has added a 2 page article on their site, in which they interview cast members Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox of the Transformers Movie.

"Michael Bay's the fastest, most intense director I've ever worked with. The explosions are right here. They're not CGI. You know, the other day they had me on top of one of these buildings one-handed with wire, a wire here and a wire there and a cube here. It was insane, but that's stuff that you usually shoot CGI and Michael doesn't do CGI. He likes seeing the immediate, he likes being able to go into his trailer and go, 'You're never gonna believe what I just shot.' Rather than have to wait for the CGI to be put into greenscreen. He likes to see immediately, so things like explosions, I mean, it's all very real".
- Shia LaBeouf

"You know, you sit and you think, 'This isn't realistic and people are going to hate this and I feel like a f--king douchebag and I can't do it. But then you think nobody's even going to give a s--t. There's going to be so much happening around this that they have to tie you into the story somehow, because there are a lot of people who would just watch a movie that was nothing but robots fighting. Sure, but the majority of people… I heard Shia say they want to see some sort of human interaction, human involvement, so those things have to, I think unfortunately they have to be thrown in there. And we're trying to steer away from -- we know the fans and they don't want any sappy bulls--t. We're trying to stay away from that and keep it as realistic as possible and as much about the Autobots and Decepticons as we can".
- Megan Fox

Credit(s): www.ign.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 6th, 2007 2:38am CDT

Re: More Interviews on IGN (150901)
Posted by D-340 on June 6th, 2007 @ 4:37am CDT
Wow, Megan Fox sounds like a true fan there. She just earned some bonus points with me.
Re: More Interviews on IGN (151029)
Posted by Ericus Prime on June 6th, 2007 @ 8:05am CDT
Well, I have more respect for Megan now, she sounds like she knows what we want! But besides from that, I don't feel that this interview had anything more insightfull about the movie.

By the way this was in the interview:

"The actress-- who says her favorite Transformer characters are Starscream from the animated series and Bumblebee from the movie."

Now, I can understand Bumbleebee.....BUT STARSCREAM! Now me, I am more handsome than Screamer, I don't have an ego, I don't have delusions of grandier (or however it's spelled), and I am smarter. So why does every girl like Starscream, WHY, OH WHY!?!! :sad:
Re: More Interviews on IGN (151070)
Posted by snavej on June 6th, 2007 @ 9:20am CDT
Girls love rebels, especially big vociferous ones.
Re: More Interviews on IGN (151111)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 6th, 2007 @ 10:00am CDT
I think I know what Megan Fox was trying to say, but it was a bit hard to understand her with all the edits and such.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Ratchet & Lifeline Paradron Medics 2 Pack Sealed NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "IDW TRANSFORMERS : ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 LONG BEACH COMIC CON COVER : NM : RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime - OPTIMUS PRIME -  Comic Con 2011 First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY