Transformers News: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon

Thursday, June 13th, 2019 9:22AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,550

I will get straight to it, the big reveals at the 2019 Tokyo Toy Show are not only the figures but also their revealed prices. There was a lot of excitement when Snaptrap was revealed but now we know that each component of Piranacon / King Poseidon will be released individually at almost double what combiner components have cost at mass retail. The price will be 3800 yen (35 USD) for the limbs and 6500 yen (60 USD) for the torso. These will be exclusives and they will be sold individually. Getting them in the US will not be a problem since they will be imported as usual, but them being exclusives means there will be no Amazon Japan discounts. A 5 member combiner team at these prices would make this set already $200 but if there is indeed an extra member, then expect to pay more of course.

The new images also show us the articulated combiner hands as well as the feet. We also have a good idea of what molds are being used. Here is our best guess based on the silhouette shot and what is on the show floor:

Snaptrap/Turtler: Hun-Gurrr
Skalor/Gulf: Blot
Nautilator/Lobclaw: Either Shuttle Blast Off or Dreadwind
Overbite: Rippersnapper
Seawing/Kraken: Cutthroat

We can see a multitude of other goodies on the show floor including:

MP+ Smokescreen
WFC Smokescreen
Star Convoy
The DA-37 Strike Buffalo Moon version
All the upcoming Masterpiece figures including Bumblebee 2.0, Optimus Prime 3.0 and Hound with a floating head.
All the upcoming Siege figures like Impactor, Mirage and Omega Supreme.
All the upcoming Studio Series figures like Long Haul, Hightower, Helicopter Drift and Car Dropkick.
MPM 08 Megatron

These images come from Dengeki Hobby, @Alfes2010, @booster11, @gadepon

Transformers News: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon

Credit(s): see all sources in article
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024366)
Posted by SgtNateV on June 13th, 2019 @ 9:38am CDT
The gap between MP Hound's neck and torso here is even worse.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024367)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 9:41am CDT
Gorgeous stuff what a brilliant nerdy start to the day. Thank you sir William!

Mirage has some translucent plastic I love that!
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024369)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 13th, 2019 @ 9:44am CDT
When is that Armada Prime gonna appear again??
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024373)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:07am CDT
Oh mercy, that Smokescreen has a CHIN
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024374)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:10am CDT
Omega with tetrajet in hand, soooo cool I love that pose.

Impactor...I always try to be positive but that looks like something you’d see at Best Buy or a clearance store. I don’t think that lighting helps it makes the plastic look so thin.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024378)
Posted by Big Grim on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:32am CDT
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024381)
Posted by That ish dude on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:41am CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:When is that Armada Prime gonna appear again??

Ditto.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024387)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:03pm CDT
I am now literally budgeting my purchases for the next year up until Piranacon comes out so I can afford him.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024396)
Posted by Seibertron on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:29pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Ah, the MPs continue to be bland as hell now that they insist on this ridiculous "anime accurate" nonsense.

I called it all the way back with Ultra Magnus but no one listened to me! That was the figure that started the trend.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024407)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 1:32pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

As a MP enthusiast I’m curious what you guys would say the counter or contrast is to that is, like what’s your fave old school MP vs this newer anime style? Like man I wish they’d gone more with a style like ...?
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024410)
Posted by william-james88 on June 13th, 2019 @ 1:39pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

The counter would be the siege line. Compare MP Shockwave to Siege Shockwave for instance. One has a lot more detail and sculpting than the other. Or, similarly, we can compare between Ultra Magnus toys where you see the same thing.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024414)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 1:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

As I’m straight up transforming my Siege Shockwave :lol: too perfect yes yes I see what you mean.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024420)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 13th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CDT
Clear blue plastic on Mirage is something I didn't even know I wanted, but now that I'm seeing it, it's so perfect! I hope that the spoiler is also translucent blue plastic. It's hard to tell one way or the other. I can appreciate that the head and pelvis are opaque plastic, though, for added strength, especially where there are critical joints (neck, hips, etc.). This new SIEGE version of Mirage just blows away the old Classics figure by a stellar mile!

Star Convoy looks amazing! What a great reuse for that mold, I must say! The gold chrome chest crest really gives it a premium look.

Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024421)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 13th, 2019 @ 2:08pm CDT
I'm not too keen on these overpriced Seacon's. As a result I'll just be skipping about $100 worth of other pending figures I was on the fence about buying then.

*Plays "Stop Being Greedy" by DMX*
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024428)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 2:43pm CDT

That chrome makes that thing Pop!

Also, take a close look at SIEGE Smokescreen. They've changed the stylized "38" symbol on his door wing. What does it say now?[/quote]

Dude I can’t match that up to the lists I have it’s gotta be numbers right?
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024432)
Posted by Skritz on June 13th, 2019 @ 3:17pm CDT
The seacons are looking really promising and it looks like our fears of only Snaptrap/Turtler showing up were wrong. That said I'm not really happy about a rare, Japanese set being (and especially not a combiner team!) being something I need to be able to each piece individually.

I'd honestly rather pay more for a complete set, you know? Rather than risk missing out on one and having to hunt it down on the aftermarket.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024434)
Posted by william-james88 on June 13th, 2019 @ 3:20pm CDT
Skritz wrote:The seacons are looking really promising and it looks like our fears of only Snaptrap/Turtler showing up were wrong.

I still dont know why anyone would think that. Its a scramble city combiner like all the others we got.
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024435)
Posted by frogbat on June 13th, 2019 @ 3:26pm CDT
Lots of cool stuff that though we’ve seen before, these pics are add to the want factor.

Mirage - The translucent plastic gives him a more cybertronian feel... as perhaps my main criticism of the siege line is that the alt modes tend to be a bit too much like their earth counterparts.

Star convoy - will be a pass because I already have a version of that mould but it’s a great re-use. The original potp version felt a bit extra cos I was happy with TR prime and it somehow felt out of place. Got the nemesis version and that’s a great toy...

Impactor, don’t have any connection to him but I might get him eventually.

Seacons - was on the fence but I think at that price point I might skip for sure.

Omega supreme... can’t wait to have an auto boy city former that Seems to be actually a playable toy (metroplex and fortress were floppy, too tall and had weak alt modes, trypticn being better for sure)

The new Micromasters - loved the original versions and though acceptable, I feel the siege versions might not be as good but I’ll get them where poss
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024441)
Posted by Skritz on June 13th, 2019 @ 4:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I don't know but some people here (forgot who) went all tinfoil-ey because he wasn't announced with his limbs right away. :roll:
Re: More Pics of 2019 Tokyo Toy Show with Siege Mirage, Impactor and $200+ Price Tag for Piranacon (2024443)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on June 13th, 2019 @ 4:44pm CDT
I hope they make Tentakil, too. It's the Seacon I want most of all of them.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Dark Moon Ultimate OPTIMUS PRIME 2011 SDCC COMIC CON Exclusive-MIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon MechTech Deluxe Laserbeak. Hasbro. Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Mechtech Deluxe Class Specialist Ratchet Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 18 Bumblebee - NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Dark of the Moon Thundercracker Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime Mechtech & Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime Ultimax CANNON ONLY" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Kre-o Create It. Transformers Sideswipe New in sealed box" on EBAY