Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW

Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW

Thursday, June 13th, 2019 9:35AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,828

Exciting news TRANSFORMERS fans! The 2020 TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTON Fan Vote is live. You have the opportunity to decide which DECEPTICON will become a War for Cybertron figure in 2020.

Voting began at 9AM EST on June 13. To vote, fans must share the name of their favorite DECEPTICON in the post comment section. Voting will ONLY be open for 48 hours, and there is a one vote per user and one character name per vote limit.

The Fan Vote winner will be announced via social post on July 17.

Great guesses! The four bots are #GNAW, #RUNAMUCK, #NEEDLENOSE & #SHRAPNEL. As the War for Cybertron rages, each of these bots is trying to sneak onto the Autobot’s spaceship, the Ark. Vote for the Decepticon you’d like to stowaway aboard the Ark and see as a War for Cybertron figure in 2020 by commenting HERE.

Limit one vote per user and one character name per vote. Voting closes in 48-Hours.

Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024365)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2019 @ 9:36am CDT
Huh, they got Shrapnel's name back, but lost "Runamuck".
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024368)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 13th, 2019 @ 9:41am CDT
Link to vote? Or do I just type the name here?

I'll vote for #Runamuck
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024370)
Posted by william-james88 on June 13th, 2019 @ 9:46am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Link to vote? Or do I just type the name here?

I'll vote for #Runamuck

click on the picture
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024371)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 13th, 2019 @ 9:50am CDT
Wait... "Stowaway aboard the Ark"? Does that mean we're actually moving away from Cybertronian modes? Or is it just a bit of flavor text?

Edit: Annnnnd I should have actually paid attention instead of skimming... Yep, just flavor text :oops:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024377)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:31am CDT
I am definitely going to vote for either Runamok or Needlenose. Mainly because those two don't have a main line release.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024379)
Posted by That ish dude on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:39am CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024382)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:46am CDT
I guess amok would be the proper spelling I mean I think of the classic Trek episode Amok Time I always thought it was spelled that way but never really cared I guess. I love that Shrapnel's name is back that brings me much joy :-D

Can I just have them all in my shopping cart right now? Just one each I'm not trying to be greedy just one each come on.

Whether we just got them recently or not I can't wait to see what they do with them. I mean one Insecticon? What will they all look like with the Siege engineering?! What does that indicate for the future of the line? What do Sharkticons mean for the future of the line??

So exciting!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024383)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 10:54am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Shrapnel or Gnaw will win, gatunteed. Why? Because Hasbro can just put out reprints.

Insecticons and Sharkticons are like the Stormtroopers of the TF lines. There aren't too many army builders for Autobots.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024386)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 13th, 2019 @ 11:58am CDT
Damnit Hasbro stop making us vote and just make all of them
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024390)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:12pm CDT
Well, after some thought, I chose to vote Needlenose. Mostly because if they see later G1 characters start winning (like Primal from the POTP poll), then they may start moving past the first couple of years with the occassional bone tossed to the other years. It's a long shot, but hey, better than nothing

Or I have gone insane? Probably gone insane :lol:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024391)
Posted by Optimutt on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:16pm CDT
I wound up voting Needlenose because I have the Collector's Club versions of Runamok (my other 1st choice), and they are amazing.

Still, I don't know if we REALLY need another jet. Dezarus would be a much better choice for this. But if they're doing Deluxes, Needlenose does have the charisma of character to please.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024393)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:28pm CDT

Except, hasn't every fan vote winner gotten a new design or at least new tooling? Why would they change that now?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024398)
Posted by TFmonkeybiz on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:47pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

On the subject of repaints and new designs. Gnaw's kind of the odd one out here in terms of repaint potential. Runamuck could be redone as Runabout, Shrapnel could be made into Chopshop and maybeee Zap Trap if they're feeling really low on ideas and Needlenose would probably generic enough to make into any number of jet Decepticons. The only other characters the Gnaw mould could work as would be as a generic Shrakticon drone or as a new character based on the Scraplets from Prime and Cyberverse.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024400)
Posted by william-james88 on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:49pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:I mean one Insecticon? What will they all look like with the Siege engineering?! What does that indicate for the future of the line?

This is an interesting comment. I felt engineering beefed up a notch with Titans return, especially with the added possibilities of not having to account for hiding a head. But Siege seems to simply be hanging off the coat tails of these engineering advances. The only toy which actually wowed me so far engineering wise was voyager Optimus Prime, the rest doesnt seem so much better than what we got before in the Generations line. All to say I feel any better engineering for deluxes insecticons would be due to scale, not really the line it falls in. I still feel all legends insecticons are good engineering wise.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024411)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 1:39pm CDT
Oooo that’s tough...that’s tough. :-?

You know that’s so loaded for me I mean every line there’s some new twist or turn, literally or thematically, that I am romantic for...

Siege I really really like. I’m finding better QC with tighter joints for the most part. I love the interplay of the Weaponizers and I love the efforts for uniqueness in scale and there’s fewer gaps and voids than the previous lines they just feel, hmm, sturdier?

And the battle damage and the detailing I feel like I’m getting some aspects of 3rd party and MP releases I’ve always admired.

Sorry to ramble I love questions like that :lol:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024417)
Posted by sol magnus on June 13th, 2019 @ 1:55pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024423)
Posted by Stargrave on June 13th, 2019 @ 2:14pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:Went Runamok, because Runabout would then be a given. Cybertronian Battlechargers FTW.

So metal it’s die-cast dude.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024427)
Posted by carytheone on June 13th, 2019 @ 2:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Do you feel Siege is better in terms of transformations than previous generations lines?
Yes, but in a weird hard to put a finger on it kinda way. Maybe this perception is from a line not focused on gimmicks as part of the transformation. After CW and TR shoe-horning the line gimmick into each figure to the point it spilled over onto PotP, it's a breath of fresh air to have just good solid figures that just transform from a thing to a robot with normal heads and normal weapons. I do feel like Siege learned a lot of tricks and lessons from the PW3 figures though.

I feel like comparing Siege to T30 and back is going to get a little tricky as engineering has changed so much since. The Siege figures have become my default representations of characters on my shelves. Now I have a mix from the very first Gen lines up until Siege and just at a glance you can see just how much things has changed. It's fairly interesting and kind of hard to go back to the older figures.

Ultimately, I got into Transformers for robots that turn into things in interesting and fun ways and look good posed on a shelf and Siege has delivered on that in spades.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024431)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 13th, 2019 @ 3:13pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Fan Vote live NOW (2024433)
Posted by william-james88 on June 13th, 2019 @ 3:17pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:In terms of transformations, I do somewhat prefer TR's engineering and designs, but I prefer Siege's implementation of an almost universally accepted gimmick as well as implementing better articulation. If we could get a mix of aesthetics, gimmicks, and articulation, then that would result in the best line IMO

I dont really find Siege's gimmick all that hard to get behind, its basically the same one the enregon scouts had. 5 mm weapons and ports. The articulation is a big improvement though, no doubt.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Armada Starscream With Minicon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Moon Ultimate OPTIMUS PRIME 2011 SDCC COMIC CON Exclusive-MIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield Deluxe Action Figure Perceptor. Shipping Included" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon MechTech Deluxe Laserbeak. Hasbro. Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Mechtech Deluxe Class Specialist Ratchet Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Turbo Tracks Complete with Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Complete Reveal the Shield Classics Generations Perceptor Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "transformers generations titans return legends class decepticon rumble" on EBAY