This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Wednesday, January 12th, 2022 4:39PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 51,359

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This page may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.


Great news to those wanting some more MP Raiden news. Amazon japan has revealed the second of six trainbots today. This is MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei. You'll let us know what you think from the images posted below since it seems the alt mode was even more favoured than in the first trainbot. While it gives the bot some odd proportions with very tall legs, it does make one of the most gorgeous train modes ever seen on a Transformers toy. And it being revealed on Amazon means you get access to the preorder right away. The price is good news too. The original MSRP is 160000 yen, which is $140 USD. And what's great about this price is that it is lower than the first MP trainbot release, who's price went down to only $127 USD (image below for proof of current price decrease). So these trainbots won't all be the same price and this one is cheaper than the first and will only get cheaper if you stick to Amazon Japan. Other outlets will probably stick to the $140 USD mark.

You can click on any image to be brought to the Amazon Japan page.

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

Transformers News: MPG-02 – Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125243)
Posted by o.supreme on January 12th, 2022 @ 4:55pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Image


Not sure how you got a price that low, but congrats.


Also, where are you seeing the MSRP for Getsuei as Y 16,000? Amazon Japan has him currently at Y 17,600. I understand the price will go down, I'm just not seeing these low prices you are. Everything I'm seeing matches what other sites are reporting. Maybe it's cheaper in Canada because of the Canadian Dollar/ Yen exchange rate?
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125248)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 12th, 2022 @ 5:45pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Image


Not sure how you got a price that low, but congrats.


Also, where are you seeing the MSRP for Getsuei as Y 16,000? Amazon Japan has him currently at Y 17,600. I understand the price will go down, I'm just not seeing these low prices you are. Everything I'm seeing matches what other sites are reporting. Maybe it's cheaper in Canada because of the Canadian Dollar/ Yen exchange rate?


Emerje and I were trying to figure this out earlier, as he and I both got different prices than Will, and now you. I'm at 15888 for Shouki, I don't remember where Emerge was but it was lower than me. The Amazon Japan price will include whatever applicable taxes or import fees. I'm not sure if the US has any import taxes/fees that Canada does not, and I'm not sure if Amazon.jp counts as an extension of Amazon.com for purposes of adding any state taxes. the price difference above Will's for me doesn't match up with Illinois state sales tax, its a little bit higher that just counting IL tax.

Also the price shown in the amazon.jp listing includes Japan sales tax. So the price you get is that price, minus Japan tax, then plus whatever applicable fees they are assessing. As an example of this, MPG-02 is shown at 17600 but after ordering mine is at 17453 plus shipping. If I remember Shouki correctly, it went down even further a day or 2 after I ordered that was not a price drop, so they may still adjust things.

Edit: also forgot to add I believe Japan's tax is 10%, so MSRP of 16000 plus 1600 tax gets you to the 17600 list price.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125250)
Posted by william-james88 on January 12th, 2022 @ 6:04pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
Also, where are you seeing the MSRP for Getsuei as Y 16,000? Amazon Japan has him currently at Y 17,600. I understand the price will go down, I'm just not seeing these low prices you are. Everything I'm seeing matches what other sites are reporting. Maybe it's cheaper in Canada because of the Canadian Dollar/ Yen exchange rate?


Same way you see the real price for the first trainbot, just add it to your cart and start checkout. 17600 includes tax for Japanese citizens, that's not the MSRP

And it's unrelated to exchange rates since everything is always in yen.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125251)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 12th, 2022 @ 6:13pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Also, where are you seeing the MSRP for Getsuei as Y 16,000? Amazon Japan has him currently at Y 17,600. I understand the price will go down, I'm just not seeing these low prices you are. Everything I'm seeing matches what other sites are reporting. Maybe it's cheaper in Canada because of the Canadian Dollar/ Yen exchange rate?


Same way you see the real price for the first trainbot, just add it to your cart and start checkout. 17600 includes tax for Japanese citizens, that's not the MSRP

And it's unrelated to exchange rates since everything is always in yen.


facepalm, I just made the same reply on my own above.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125252)
Posted by Emerje on January 12th, 2022 @ 6:19pm CST
^ Yes, Japan's sales tax is now 10%. It's hard to get a solid bead on the the MSRP because retailers can't seem to be able to agree what it is and a lot of retailers that ship to the US stopped giving the MSRP or round it up.

It does seem that everyone agrees that Getsuei will be cheaper than Shouki which is great news! Currently the lowest price I'm seeing is $117.39 at Hobby Search.

It's really interesting to me how much of the leg he actually forms. I think most of us expected the entire thigh to be from Kaen, but now we know he's probably making up the bulk of the torso from hips to head with Shouki filling in the middle. Gives me hope for this being bigger than CW combiners, early info be damned. They used the same trick to get more height out of Titan Predaking and we know Shouki is going to be roughly Voyager size.

Emerje
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125253)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 12th, 2022 @ 6:25pm CST
Ugh! FOMO finally got to me. I stopped collecting Masterpiece a while ago, and really don't want to pay that much for a combiner. But.. I don't know if these will ever be made at the Generations level and would hate to miss a chance to own Raiden in some form.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125257)
Posted by william-james88 on January 12th, 2022 @ 7:31pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:Ugh! FOMO finally got to me. I stopped collecting Masterpiece a while ago, and really don't want to pay that much for a combiner. But.. I don't know if these will ever be made at the Generations level and would hate to miss a chance to own Raiden in some form.

If ever there are some at the generstions level, I am certain the alt modes won't look nearly as good.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125261)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 12th, 2022 @ 7:47pm CST
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they ever mentioned the model train scale (or closest fit) of the train modes, or at least the tracks? It would be awesome if they were spaced for 1:64 train tracks. My dad is a train collector and that is his scale.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125262)
Posted by o.supreme on January 12th, 2022 @ 7:59pm CST
My father is a train enthusiast as well. He was mostly into Lionel (O gauge) , but then later went slightly smaller (HO gauge).

I don't think it's been expressly stated if these match any model train scale, but would be neat if they did.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125263)
Posted by SpaceEagle on January 12th, 2022 @ 8:00pm CST
They seem to be doing a pretty good job with the trainbots for Masterpiece, the train modes already look lovely and the 'bot modes look pretty dang good considering they still have combining duties. I don't collect Masterpieces myself, but it would be interesting if they decided to go with Generations "dumbed-down" versions
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125265)
Posted by Autobot N on January 12th, 2022 @ 8:07pm CST
I keep wanting to cancel my pre-order for Shouki since shelling out $160 for each Trainbot is gonna be really expensive, but then they keep releasing images showing how awesome they look and I can't bring myself to do it
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125267)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 12th, 2022 @ 8:19pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Ugh! FOMO finally got to me. I stopped collecting Masterpiece a while ago, and really don't want to pay that much for a combiner. But.. I don't know if these will ever be made at the Generations level and would hate to miss a chance to own Raiden in some form.

If ever there are some at the generstions level, I am certain the alt modes won't look nearly as good.

I'm just happy these guys seem to scale very well with current toys. They won't look out of place in a CHUG collection.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125269)
Posted by First-Aid on January 12th, 2022 @ 10:55pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Ugh! FOMO finally got to me. I stopped collecting Masterpiece a while ago, and really don't want to pay that much for a combiner. But.. I don't know if these will ever be made at the Generations level and would hate to miss a chance to own Raiden in some form.

If ever there are some at the generstions level, I am certain the alt modes won't look nearly as good.

I'm just happy these guys seem to scale very well with current toys. They won't look out of place in a CHUG collection.


I think I missed the size comparison. Just how big are these guys again?
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125270)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 12th, 2022 @ 11:26pm CST
First-Aid wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Ugh! FOMO finally got to me. I stopped collecting Masterpiece a while ago, and really don't want to pay that much for a combiner. But.. I don't know if these will ever be made at the Generations level and would hate to miss a chance to own Raiden in some form.

If ever there are some at the generstions level, I am certain the alt modes won't look nearly as good.

I'm just happy these guys seem to scale very well with current toys. They won't look out of place in a CHUG collection.


I think I missed the size comparison. Just how big are these guys again?

Image
They're about 7 inches tall, which is about where you'd expect a CHUG scaled character that turns into a train to be.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125273)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2022 @ 12:46am CST
Which puts them squarely into Voyager size (yes I know MPs don't have scales) like the Constructicons and Predacons. There's no way they're forming a 12" Raiden.

Emerje
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125292)
Posted by o.supreme on January 13th, 2022 @ 11:04am CST
I've stated many times, I'd actually be ok at either size; however...this is a crude picture, but it kind of confirms Raiden will be about 12-13 inches when combined... So a little bit bigger than the standard UW/CW/PotP combiner, but not 18 inches like Dev or Predaking.

I'm ok with it. I've got my UW dev to go with Siege Omega, and my scaled down KO CW Dev to go with all my other combiners. Now all we need is someone to make a scaled down KO PotP Predaking.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125294)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 13th, 2022 @ 11:13am CST
I think we will be sort of like SS Devy, same height as the CW combiners, but a lot more mass.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125299)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 13th, 2022 @ 12:15pm CST
Ok, the figure is 170mm, give or take, the real locomotive is 16,500mm... That makes it pretty close to H0 scale. However, the only way to be really certain is to check the gauge (the width of the space between the two rails) of the rails they come with: for H0 scale it's 16.5 mm.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125300)
Posted by o.supreme on January 13th, 2022 @ 12:19pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Ok, the figure is 170mm, give or take, the real locomotive is 16,500mm... That makes it pretty close to H0 scale. However, the only way to be really certain is to check the gauge (the width of the space between the two rails) of the rails they come with: for H0 scale it's 16.5 mm.


Knowing TT, I'd be surprised if it wasn't HO scale, that would be amazing for model train enthusiasts.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125302)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 13th, 2022 @ 12:22pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Ok, the figure is 170mm, give or take, the real locomotive is 16,500mm... That makes it pretty close to H0 scale. However, the only way to be really certain is to check the gauge (the width of the space between the two rails) of the rails they come with: for H0 scale it's 16.5 mm.


Knowing TT, I'd be surprised if it wasn't HO scale, that would be amazing for model train enthusiasts.


And knowing them, that's exactly why they're detailed like the real thing ;)
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125303)
Posted by o.supreme on January 13th, 2022 @ 12:35pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Ok, the figure is 170mm, give or take, the real locomotive is 16,500mm... That makes it pretty close to H0 scale. However, the only way to be really certain is to check the gauge (the width of the space between the two rails) of the rails they come with: for H0 scale it's 16.5 mm.


Knowing TT, I'd be surprised if it wasn't HO scale, that would be amazing for model train enthusiasts.


And knowing them, that's exactly why they're detailed like the real thing ;)


My Dad was big into Lionel (O Gauge) for the longest time, but then switched to HO about 30 years ago because it was smaller, and he could build more detailed set pieces (he had a large plywood display in our garage for years growing up). Sadly, as he got older, the smaller scale made it hard to manage the tinier pieces, and he had to give it up when he moved into a smaller place.

I dread the day when some Transformers will just be "too complicated" for me to handle. I'm just shy of 46, and fear that time might be coming sooner than later.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125306)
Posted by DeathReviews on January 13th, 2022 @ 1:17pm CST
I'm glad I had no particular attachment to the classic versions of these train bots - otherwise I might be tempted to get these. They look great, but the thought of having to buy six MP figures to complete a combiner? Ow!
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125329)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 13th, 2022 @ 8:25pm CST
Hot DAMN does Getseui look amazing! Train mode is stunningly wonderful, I love it!

Shouki still has the best robot mode, but the level of detail on Getseui's train mode are miles beyond Shouki. He looks great.

Now to go preorder him.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125333)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2022 @ 8:32pm CST
Question: How do we know the leg is 17cm? I see it in that graphic, but is that just somebody's guess, I don't see it mentioned in Japanese anywhere. I wont be satisfied with a Raiden that's not much taller than Ultra Magnus.

Image

Emerje
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125338)
Posted by o.supreme on January 13th, 2022 @ 8:42pm CST
If you are looking at my crude picture. Look 2 posts above that on the previous page.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125369)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 14th, 2022 @ 2:19pm CST
O for Primus' sake... The whole accuracy thing is now getting ridiculous, but model train fans are gonna love what I have to say...

Remember how I talked about gauge and how scale can be measured from that? One caveat: The Model 0 Shinkansen Shouki uses 1,435mm or 4'8.5" standard gauge, but the JNR Class EF65 locomotive Getusei uses 1,067mm or 3'6" narrow gauge, and that is reflected in the MPG toys! :shock:
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125484)
Posted by Emerje on January 16th, 2022 @ 12:48am CST
o.supreme wrote:If you are looking at my crude picture. Look 2 posts above that on the previous page.

Derp, didn't even notice the leg was in that picture and I commented on it. I think at the time I hadn't realized he was forming the entire leg, I thought he was just forming part of the thigh (like at a mid-thigh swivel), not the whole of it.

Emerje
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125528)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 16th, 2022 @ 5:47pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:O for Primus' sake... The whole accuracy thing is now getting ridiculous, but model train fans are gonna love what I have to say...

Remember how I talked about gauge and how scale can be measured from that? One caveat: The Model 0 Shinkansen Shouki uses 1,435mm or 4'8.5" standard gauge, but the JNR Class EF65 locomotive Getusei uses 1,067mm or 3'6" narrow gauge, and that is reflected in the MPG toys! :shock:
So what you're saying is is that Shouki can run on the North Western Railway while Getsuei can run on the Skarloey Railway. :P
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125529)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 16th, 2022 @ 5:49pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:O for Primus' sake... The whole accuracy thing is now getting ridiculous, but model train fans are gonna love what I have to say...

Remember how I talked about gauge and how scale can be measured from that? One caveat: The Model 0 Shinkansen Shouki uses 1,435mm or 4'8.5" standard gauge, but the JNR Class EF65 locomotive Getusei uses 1,067mm or 3'6" narrow gauge, and that is reflected in the MPG toys! :shock:
So what you're saying is is that Shouki can run on the North Western Railway while Getsuei can run on the Skarloey Railway. :P

I was thinking the same thing.

And then I was trying to look at the rails to see if they were different sizes. Would kinda suck not being able to couple them all up like that because they use the different rail gauges
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125530)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 16th, 2022 @ 6:07pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:O for Primus' sake... The whole accuracy thing is now getting ridiculous, but model train fans are gonna love what I have to say...

Remember how I talked about gauge and how scale can be measured from that? One caveat: The Model 0 Shinkansen Shouki uses 1,435mm or 4'8.5" standard gauge, but the JNR Class EF65 locomotive Getusei uses 1,067mm or 3'6" narrow gauge, and that is reflected in the MPG toys! :shock:
So what you're saying is is that Shouki can run on the North Western Railway while Getsuei can run on the Skarloey Railway. :P

I was thinking the same thing.

And then I was trying to look at the rails to see if they were different sizes. Would kinda suck not being able to couple them all up like that because they use the different rail gauges


You could, but the rails would look kinda off tho. :P Like I said, it's reflected in the MPG figures, so Getsuei's rails are narrower than Shouki's.

Taken the liberty of looking up the gauges for everyone:

4'8.5" Standard gauge: Shouki, Yukikaze
3'6" Narrow gauge: Getsuei, Kaen, Seizan, Suiken
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125539)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 16th, 2022 @ 8:54pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:O for Primus' sake... The whole accuracy thing is now getting ridiculous, but model train fans are gonna love what I have to say...

Remember how I talked about gauge and how scale can be measured from that? One caveat: The Model 0 Shinkansen Shouki uses 1,435mm or 4'8.5" standard gauge, but the JNR Class EF65 locomotive Getusei uses 1,067mm or 3'6" narrow gauge, and that is reflected in the MPG toys! :shock:
So what you're saying is is that Shouki can run on the North Western Railway while Getsuei can run on the Skarloey Railway. :P

I was thinking the same thing.

And then I was trying to look at the rails to see if they were different sizes. Would kinda suck not being able to couple them all up like that because they use the different rail gauges


You could, but the rails would look kinda off tho. :P Like I said, it's reflected in the MPG figures, so Getsuei's rails are narrower than Shouki's.

Taken the liberty of looking up the gauges for everyone:

4'8.5" Standard gauge: Shouki, Yukikaze
3'6" Narrow gauge: Getsuei, Kaen, Seizan, Suiken
Maybe the MPs will have adjustable wheels to let fans choose between real-world-accurate different gauges and fiction-accurate same gauges.

Like how MP Sunstreaker gave people the option to choose between real-world accuracy and Transformers-accuracy in either hiding or exposing his rear-mounted engine.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2125588)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 17th, 2022 @ 3:51pm CST
Meanwhile...

The first few hits:

PRE-ORDER Transformers Masterpiece MPG-02 Trainbot Getsuei
Pre-order scheduled to arrive in September



£129.99 - Kapow Toys (10% deposit available)

£129.99 - InDemand Toys (10% deposit available)

$209.99 - TFsource (Estimated Arrival: July '22)

$209.99 - Thechosenprime (Estimated Arrival: July '22)
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2126107)
Posted by o.supreme on January 25th, 2022 @ 12:20pm CST
MPG-02 Getsuei is now available on Pulse for the very competitive price of $140.99. USD Basically it is only the added Tax that Pulse charges(and the prospect of getting the item, before Pulse), that gives Amazon JP the slightest edge.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2126160)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 25th, 2022 @ 7:03pm CST
o.supreme wrote:MPG-02 Getsuei is now available on Pulse for the very competitive price of $140.99. USD Basically it is only the added Tax that Pulse charges(and the prospect of getting the item, before Pulse), that gives Amazon JP the slightest edge.

I'm happy for those who want him that get that price, the fact that the Pulse price is only dollars more than the import is pretty fantastic
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2128861)
Posted by o.supreme on March 13th, 2022 @ 11:30am CDT
I just got an estimated shipping date on MPG-02 from Amazon Japan, which was not unexpected (9/29-10/9). But every once in a while I like to check the price and do the conversion.

The price for Getsui actually went down again slightly. My total now is Y 16,335 which equates to just under $140 shipped. The price for Shouki stayed the same (Y 17,511), but because of the variance in exchange it is now down to just under $150.00 shipped (was closer to $155 before). I know exchange rates are always in fluctuation, and Shouki is still about 4 months away from release, but the price going down, even ever so slightly is never a bad thing. ;)
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2128863)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 13th, 2022 @ 1:23pm CDT
I got that email too, was a nice update to get.

If my math is right, I have it figured out that within the next 3 weeks we should start getting a tease for the next MPG, and we are about 3 to 4 weeks away from the full reveal.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2128866)
Posted by o.supreme on March 13th, 2022 @ 1:27pm CDT
I had a similar thought. Definitely looking forward to it
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2129960)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 26th, 2022 @ 8:11pm CDT
I wonder if this Raiden will include the orange secondary chestplate, or if that'll be left out because of the Headmasters animators' negligence.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2130007)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 27th, 2022 @ 1:14pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder if this Raiden will include the orange secondary chestplate, or if that'll be left out because of the Headmasters animators' negligence.


Mad Blitzwing: Whaahahahaha! Why not do both?!
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2130009)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 27th, 2022 @ 1:42pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder if this Raiden will include the orange secondary chestplate, or if that'll be left out because of the Headmasters animators' negligence.


Mad Blitzwing: Whaahahahaha! Why not do both?!
What, include it and not include it simultaneously? How very Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game.

I mean, obviously it would be possible to include the secondary chestplate but make it an optional part of the combination. But outright including it and not including it... I don't think Takara have removed their common sense that completely.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2130019)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 27th, 2022 @ 2:58pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder if this Raiden will include the orange secondary chestplate, or if that'll be left out because of the Headmasters animators' negligence.


Mad Blitzwing: Whaahahahaha! Why not do both?!
What, include it and not include it simultaneously? How very Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game.

I mean, obviously it would be possible to include the secondary chestplate but make it an optional part of the combination. But outright including it and not including it... I don't think Takara have removed their common sense that completely.


Exactly! :-D
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2130032)
Posted by Autobot N on March 27th, 2022 @ 6:35pm CDT
Sadly I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to cancel my Trainbots. They look really cool but $150 a pop is just too much, especially since there's other stuff I'm going to need to purchase this year
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2130044)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 27th, 2022 @ 7:40pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder if this Raiden will include the orange secondary chestplate, or if that'll be left out because of the Headmasters animators' negligence.


Mad Blitzwing: Whaahahahaha! Why not do both?!
What, include it and not include it simultaneously? How very Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game.

I mean, obviously it would be possible to include the secondary chestplate but make it an optional part of the combination. But outright including it and not including it... I don't think Takara have removed their common sense that completely.


Exactly! :-D
I figured that's what you meant, but the silly way you worded it made me think of how in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure (If I remember the "Guide Dang It" entry correctly; it was definitely some HGttG game or other tho)... you have to carry "tea" and "no tea" simultaneously (which requires unequipping your common sense).
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2131359)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2022 @ 7:55pm CDT
Kinda surprised we haven't heard anything about #3 yet, I was anticipating early april as the next reveal based on #1 and #2
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2131366)
Posted by o.supreme on April 13th, 2022 @ 8:07pm CDT
I agree it has to be close, maybe closer to the 15th? (mid month), that's at least when my other 2 pre-orders were closer to.

Speaking of which, I just checked the exchange rate again, and things are looking better still.

My total for Shouki (Y 15,511) is now down to about $142 USD, and Getsui (Y 16,335) is now down to $132 USD. It's a nice trend I hope continues ;) .
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2135373)
Posted by o.supreme on June 5th, 2022 @ 10:29pm CDT
Finally our first teaser of news about Yukikaze, looks like official release news will be coming June 8th

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/06/05/tak ... ges-457928
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2135374)
Posted by Autobot N on June 5th, 2022 @ 10:31pm CDT
snipes.jpg
Me cancelling my pre order for these guys because I can't afford to pay $900 for Raiden
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2135407)
Posted by william-james88 on June 6th, 2022 @ 12:26pm CDT
We will get a full reveal soon, but for now we wanted to show you a first look at the next trainbot to come out for the MP Raiden combiner. It is Masterpiece Yukikaze, who we see in train, bot and leg mode. He turns into a realistic 200 Series Shinkansen bullet train. So far, these toys range between the 120-160 price depending on which retailer you get them from.

Image
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2135414)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on June 6th, 2022 @ 2:52pm CDT
Each one of the trainbots looks great so far! I’m hoping soon enough we can get some Raiden size comparisons to the rest of the MP line.
Re: MPG-02 Masterpiece Trainbot Getsuei Officially Revealed on Amazon Japan (2135418)
Posted by primalxconvoy on June 6th, 2022 @ 4:41pm CDT
*Post has been edited by admin, please refrain from posting or promoting 3rd party material outside the 3rd party thread*

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
NEW!
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
NEW!
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LONG HAUL Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109U"
NEW!
LONG HAUL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON