Transformers News: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Season 3 to Feature TMNT, My Little Pony, Wrestling & Power Rangers #TTTMU

Saturday, July 21st, 2018 10:53AM CDT

Category: Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,168

For those of you keeping tabs at home, another reveal was made at San Diego Comic Con 2018, from the panel starring the creators of the Netflix documentary series The Toys That Made Us, which we knew had been extended to another season of four episodes (or half season, if you want).

The contents of this season 3 have now been announced, and they feature some of the brands that people had been asking for: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Wrestling, My Little Pony and Power Rangers! The latter is paticularly interesting with its recent license acquisition by Hasbro and 25th anniversary this year (in the US, at least), but they all will surely strike a chord with fans. Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub Discussion boards!

Credit(s): TTTMU
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Season 3 to Feature TMNT, My Little Pony, Wrestling & Power Rangers #TTTMU (1972968)
Posted by shajaki on July 21st, 2018 @ 11:01am CDT
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Season 3 to Feature TMNT, My Little Pony, Wrestling & Power Rangers #TTTMU (1972969)
Posted by Cobotron on July 21st, 2018 @ 11:04am CDT
This is great news! I really enjoy this whole series.
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Season 3 to Feature TMNT, My Little Pony, Wrestling & Power Rangers #TTTMU (1973131)
Posted by Hoist [RENEGADE] on July 22nd, 2018 @ 3:03pm CDT
I personally find this series really interesting and look forward to the 3rd series, especially the turtles! I never did watch the Hello Kitty Episode though..
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Season 3 to Feature TMNT, My Little Pony, Wrestling & Power Rangers #TTTMU (1973271)
Posted by o.supreme on July 23rd, 2018 @ 9:27am CDT
shajaki wrote:I thought it was odd how TMNT wasn't in the second season, beat out by Hello Kitty (which I view more as a media icon than toy franchise).

That whole second season moniker is a bit misleading. It was originally planned as a single 8 episode season (it's in the theme song... ;) )

It's just that Netflix changed their strategy about a year of so ago, after enabling a "binge" culture, to save time and money on new content, much of what they release now are half seasons, but they call them *full seasons*to save face.

Even though none of these 4 new categories are toy lines I was heavily vested in, it should be interesting to watch, especially the wrestling one. I never thought of Wrestling as having a deep toy market historically, except maybe in the past decade or so. All I remember from the 1980's were gimmicky things like thumb wrestlers and plush-type "wrestling buddy" , not really action figures per se, but I guess the producers would know best what they can make an episode out of.

Also I guess that theme song is going to have to change...
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Season 3 to Feature TMNT, My Little Pony, Wrestling & Power Rangers #TTTMU (1981208)
Posted by o.supreme on August 29th, 2018 @ 1:47pm CDT
Re: Netflix The Toys That Made Us Season 3 to Feature TMNT, My Little Pony, Wrestling & Power Rangers #TTTMU (1982155)
Posted by Big Grim on September 4th, 2018 @ 12:55pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:For fans of this series, a similar single full length toy documentary entitled "The Power of Grayskull" was added to Netflix. It's very similar to TTTMA single MOTU episode but is a full 100 minutes long, with much more detail, backstory etc... It's pretty cool, and I give it my highest recommendation. For the record, if the full-length TTTMA Transformers episode doesn't ever see the light of day, I'd love if the same company that did "Power of Grayskull" did a Transformers full length documentary.

Nice! Will check if this is on my UK Netflix. Cheers! :)

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #210 - Super Cars
"Super Cars"
Posted: Sunday, October 21st, 2018

Buy "Toys R Us Exclusive Transformers the Last Knight Infernocus Combiner Quintessa" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Novastar Firestar combiner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Mini Figure Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Cybertron Backstop BM Nightviper Combiner Wars Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vintage G1 Swoop Dinobots 3D Custom Print Complete 1985 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Swindle Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY