This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US

Transformers News: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US

Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 11:06PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 26,538

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This page may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.


Thanks to a heads up from @Weebot17 on Twitter, we have news that the recently online pre-order delayed Netflix War for Cybertron figures have shown up at US retail!

This sighting comes to us from the Walmart in Mocksville, North Carolina, where Weebot17 found both Megatron and Hotlink. This comes as quite a shock, as just in the past 2 weeks everyone who had pre-ordered the figures online received word that the figures had been delayed into May or June, while we also had simultaneous sightings of the figures in Canada. Either way, it is cool to see that these figures are starting to make their way out to retail outside of Canada, and that the online delays haven't seemed to impact the actual store stock.

Check out the sighting below, and please, during this time of crisis, only check out the toys if you are already out getting necessary groceries, and remember to social distance! Let us know if you do find these guys and any other figures in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US
Credit(s): Walmart, Weebot17 on Twitter

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2060726)
Posted by Tuned Agent on April 15th, 2020 @ 1:06am CDT
carytheone wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:have been wondering something... does rubbing alcohol (hands) work for remove "battle damage" paintjobs on SIEGE figures. Voyager Optimus Prime has a bit too many uneven scratches in my opinion. Does anyone know if the battle damage is safely removeable without damaging other paintjobs underneath specifically Optimus and Deluxe Sideswipe.
Yes, it will take off the battle damage, but if the battle damage is on top of paint, trying to take it off will take off the battle damage and the paint underneath.

For Sideswipe, his shins and waist are battle damage over black plastic, so those should be fine, but his feet are battle damage on top of silver paint on top of black plastic.

For OP, his thighs are gray plastic and should be fine, his shoulders are red plastic and should be fine, but his chest windows are clear plastic, I'd stay away from there.
Does rubbing alcohol damage clear plastic?
It can especially considering you'll need the 90%+ alcohol stuff to remove paint. The 70% will only take the shine off at best.
That's really good to know. Is nail polish remover any better? I'm planning to turn a Hotlink into a custom Skywarp, and step 1 is removing a lot of the purple paint, including the paint around his clear plastic cockpit bits. The close proximity of some of that purple to the clear plastic could be problematic, I certainly don't want damage those parts.
Nail polish remover is harsher and can melt some plastics or take the shine off of them or make them brittle. Some nail polish removers are acetone based. It's likely to give clear plastics a haze if not outright damage them to some degree.

High alcohol content rubbing alcohol is your best/safest bet. Clean the bare plastics and be prepared to repaint the others. Also be careful of the faction symbols, those will come off quicker than the paint. Optimus has battle damage on his shoulder symbol, so it's a leave it be or replace situation.

Side note, I've tried 70% on a non Siege figure and it didn't even take the sheen off the paint. The 90% alcohol took the paint off pretty quickly, but still required some elbow grease here and there. I also hit a few painted areas by mistake and completely removed the sheen.

Take it slow and plan before you touch the figure. Might even be best to disassemble the figure. Less chance of wet fingers touching things you don't want.
TF-fan kev777 wrote:This^^^ Dis-assemble as much as easily possible (ball joints and mushroom pegs) and get the area you are working on as open as possible before starting. Q-tips can be used for areas where your fingers might be too large.

Thank you guys for the advice. Wasn't sure which of those to use, so I'll plan on using rubbing alcohol. And I'm definitely planning to disassemble Hotlink, considering how easy to disassemble that mold is. Hopefully I can figure out a way to remove the paint around his cockpit parts. I want him to turn out well, so all advice is appreciated. :D

And now that Hotlink has been found in the US, maybe I can get started soon. If I can ever leave my house.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2060757)
Posted by triKlops on April 15th, 2020 @ 9:26am CDT
Tuned Agent wrote: Hopefully I can figure out a way to remove the paint around his cockpit parts. I want him to turn out well, so all advice is appreciated. :D


Just to throw in my 2 cents; blue painters tape to mask off areas and a shaved qtip for accuracy should be helpful.
All my best regarding this and good luck!
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2060897)
Posted by Rogue-Primal on April 16th, 2020 @ 7:41am CDT
Just a note does Ethanol/Isopropyl 70% rubbing hand alcohol work for this ? or are they rough.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2060912)
Posted by no-one on April 16th, 2020 @ 1:07pm CDT
Rogue-Primal wrote:Just a note does Ethanol/Isopropyl 70% rubbing hand alcohol work for this ? or are they rough.
Probably not. I've only ever used 90+% "rubbing alcohol" successfully. I'm not sure and I don't have the bottle handy to confirm which one it was (probably isopropyl). Honestly I didn't even know there was a difference until just now (thanks google).

I used to work in the retail paint industry and I have some familiarity with different solvents (most of which will melt plastic). We frequently cleaned metal surfaces with denatured alcohol, but I couldn't tell you if it's safe on the plastics used for toys. My guess would be no.

What I can tell you is that 70% alcohol didn't touch the paint I tried to remove from TLK Sqweeks, but the 90% took it off very quickly (and deglossed a few other painted spots I didn't know was painted). 90% alcohol may not be the easiest thing to find these days though.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2060915)
Posted by Flashwave on April 16th, 2020 @ 1:50pm CDT
carytheone wrote:
Rogue-Primal wrote:Just a note does Ethanol/Isopropyl 70% rubbing hand alcohol work for this ? or are they rough.
Probably not. I've only ever used 90+% "rubbing alcohol" successfully. I'm not sure and I don't have the bottle handy to confirm which one it was (probably isopropyl). Honestly I didn't even know there was a difference until just now (thanks google).

I used to work in the retail paint industry and I have some familiarity with different solvents (most of which will melt plastic). We frequently cleaned metal surfaces with denatured alcohol, but I couldn't tell you if it's safe on the plastics used for toys. My guess would be no.

What I can tell you is that 70% alcohol didn't touch the paint I tried to remove from TLK Sqweeks, but the 90% took it off very quickly (and deglossed a few other painted spots I didn't know was painted). 90% alcohol may not be the easiest thing to find these days though.

91 os what we use for model trains as well.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2060916)
Posted by Tuned Agent on April 16th, 2020 @ 2:13pm CDT
triKlops wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote: Hopefully I can figure out a way to remove the paint around his cockpit parts. I want him to turn out well, so all advice is appreciated. :D


Just to throw in my 2 cents; blue painters tape to mask off areas and a shaved qtip for accuracy should be helpful.
All my best regarding this and good luck!

Thank you! :D This is good to know (especially about shaving a q-tip, I hadn't thought of that), I will definitely try these when the time comes.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061128)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 17th, 2020 @ 10:26pm CDT
I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off. Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him. The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061130)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 17th, 2020 @ 10:38pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off. Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him. The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.


Same, Lionizer and Pinpointer at least. I may need a Siege Optimus to go with Megs tho...
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061134)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 17th, 2020 @ 11:03pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off. Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him. The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.

Nice, I'm hoping I see them when I grab milk and perishables this weekend. If I can find Hotlink, I can cancel my full online order
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061135)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 17th, 2020 @ 11:25pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off. Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him. The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.

Nice, I'm hoping I see them when I grab milk and perishables this weekend. If I can find Hotlink, I can cancel my full online order
I saw them at Wal-Mart. No Magnus, though.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061136)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 17th, 2020 @ 11:26pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off. Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him. The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.

Nice, I'm hoping I see them when I grab milk and perishables this weekend. If I can find Hotlink, I can cancel my full online order
I saw them at Wal-Mart. No Magnus, though.

Pretty sure I'm gonna cancel that order (he says despite not cancelling it yet and Walmart already has the money so less inclined to cancel too), hotlink is my main concern
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061137)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 17th, 2020 @ 11:29pm CDT
:michaelbay:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off. Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him. The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.

Nice, I'm hoping I see them when I grab milk and perishables this weekend. If I can find Hotlink, I can cancel my full online order
I saw them at Wal-Mart. No Magnus, though.

Pretty sure I'm gonna cancel that order (he says despite not cancelling it yet and Walmart already has the money so less inclined to cancel too), hotlink is my main concern
Well, if you want I can grab the 1 I saw and send it to you. It would cost you and extra 10 for shipping, but you'd have It for sure.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061138)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 17th, 2020 @ 11:37pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote::michaelbay:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off. Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him. The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.

Nice, I'm hoping I see them when I grab milk and perishables this weekend. If I can find Hotlink, I can cancel my full online order
I saw them at Wal-Mart. No Magnus, though.

Pretty sure I'm gonna cancel that order (he says despite not cancelling it yet and Walmart already has the money so less inclined to cancel too), hotlink is my main concern
Well, if you want I can grab the 1 I saw and send it to you. It would cost you and extra 10 for shipping, but you'd have It for sure.

Nah, it's no rush on my part, I have the pre-order locked in, and i already have 5 of the mold
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061143)
Posted by william-james88 on April 18th, 2020 @ 12:17am CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:Does rubbing alcohol damage clear plastic?


I don't know but, from my experience, I much prefer alcohol to rub my stomach lining :lol:
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061145)
Posted by william-james88 on April 18th, 2020 @ 12:32am CDT
Shajaki got a hold of all the Transformers Siege redeco deluxe figures for the Walmart exclusive Netflix subline. While we had seen them before, there was one thing missing, Scrapface's camera mode. Scrapface is a redeco of Reflector and while alone he is some kind of space faring satelite, his more awesome alt mode is the camera which can only be achieved when purchasing three of him.

For those who simply want to see what it gives as a result, you can see it below without needing to purchase 3 yourself. You can of course also see all the deluxes and what Teletraan looks like so far. The Teletraan 1 images are from Blaklai.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061149)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 18th, 2020 @ 1:07am CDT
So, there's a wave 2 of this version, right? Because I'd be surprised if Optimus wasn't included in this subline
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061151)
Posted by Seibertron on April 18th, 2020 @ 2:00am CDT
I still don't understand why they would make Scrapface instead of just having Reflector in the show. Seems really odd to me.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061156)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2020 @ 2:16am CDT
About those "Netflix" Siege guys:

Hound, Sideswipe, Magnus, and Chromia: Lazy, forgot to go to the carwash in spring.

Mirage: Dafok am looking at?

The seeker, Megs, and the Refraktor team: Sexy as balls and incredible looking.

Really love the Refraktors. Make me want to buy 3 of those to complement my "G1" deco box set. But I don't think the stars will align so that I can find 3 of those at the same time on sale.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061159)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 18th, 2020 @ 2:29am CDT
The fact that there's someone that already has three Scrapfaces while US preorders have been pushed back to mid June makes me feel sadness...
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061162)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2020 @ 3:18am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I still don't understand why they would make Scrapface instead of just having Reflector in the show. Seems really odd to me.


Reflector is in the show, he's in the trailers and such.

There's likely a reason for this character's existence.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061164)
Posted by Deadput on April 18th, 2020 @ 3:48am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Hound, Sideswipe, Magnus, and Chromia: Lazy, forgot to go to the carwash in spring.

Mirage: Dafok am looking at?


They might be redundant but those paint jobs certainly are not "lazy", arguably their more painted then the normal Siege releases.


Mirage's paint job is stunning here as well, not to mention it's pretty original with the blue and such, it would make for a good stand-in for Deluge.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061168)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2020 @ 5:17am CDT
Doesn't deluge have more green on him? Mirage works though because it's his con disguise.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061171)
Posted by Emerje on April 18th, 2020 @ 7:28am CDT
I'm really loving the backdrop, the 3D illusion really works well with it. Looks like the wave 2 Deluxes will make another back wall, two corner walls, and two floor parts. Should be cool and pretty damn big!

Have to wonder if Scrapface is actually Refractor in disguise. Their specialty is reconnaissance, that's basically spying and infiltration.

Emerje
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061172)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2020 @ 7:49am CDT
But isn't scrapface a Decepticon?
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061175)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on April 18th, 2020 @ 8:49am CDT
that hound reminds me if animated bulkhead
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061177)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2020 @ 8:59am CDT
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Hound, Sideswipe, Magnus, and Chromia: Lazy, forgot to go to the carwash in spring.

Mirage: Dafok am looking at?


They might be redundant but those paint jobs certainly are not "lazy", arguably their more painted then the normal Siege releases.


Mirage's paint job is stunning here as well, not to mention it's pretty original with the blue and such, it would make for a good stand-in for Deluge.


What I meant by "lazy paint job" is they just took the normal color scheme and just made them more "dirty". They could have made something clever and different but no. Just dirty, burnt, or covered in de-icing salt.

Compared to them, Mirage is ugly but different and interesting, Refraktor and Megatron have basically premium paint jobs, and that seeker is absolutely fabulous.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061180)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2020 @ 9:22am CDT
Master Farr 1 wrote:that hound reminds me if animated bulkhead
We've come full circle. Back when the first pics of Animated came out, Bulkhead's colors reminded people of Hound. ;)
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061203)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on April 18th, 2020 @ 11:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Master Farr 1 wrote:that hound reminds me if animated bulkhead
We've come full circle. Back when the first pics of Animated came out, Bulkhead's colors reminded people of Hound. ;)


Now I wish I ordered 3 of scrapface instead of 1. Still Hopefully I'll find a couple more in stores, since I need to look for Hot Link and Hound also. I can't wait until I can go looking for toys as normal.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061238)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 18th, 2020 @ 3:46pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Doesn't deluge have more green on him? Mirage works though because it's his con disguise.


Which Deluge? The G1 Aquaspeeder?
Image

Or the G2 Color Changer (I'm assuming him)?
Image

Looks more like blue.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061240)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2020 @ 3:51pm CDT
I was thinking Aquaspeeder myself
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061245)
Posted by Windsweeper on April 18th, 2020 @ 4:37pm CDT
Nothing worse than a repaint that's the same character. They could have given us any of the following:

Delta Magnus
Dragstrip or Fracture
Scorch, Swindle or Detritus
Clampdown, Deep Cover, Tiger Tracks, REV or Firecracker.

As much as I love the Siege Seeker mold and I will pick up Hotlink, I don't like his burnt colour scheme. Along with the Rainmakers, his colour scheme is disappointing. At least the Rainmakers had the excuse of cartoon accuracy which would have been great in Hotlink's case.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061246)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2020 @ 4:47pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:Nothing worse than a repaint that's the same character. They could have given us any of the following:

Delta Magnus
Dragstrip or Fracture
Scorch, Swindle or Detritus
Clampdown, Deep Cover, Tiger Tracks, REV or Firecracker.

As much as I love the Siege Seeker mold and I will pick up Hotlink, I don't like his burnt colour scheme. Along with the Rainmakers, his colour scheme is disappointing. At least the Rainmakers had the excuse of cartoon accuracy which would have been great in Hotlink's case.

Those characters would have only worked if they were in the Netflix series. Mirage being repainted to reflect going undercover with the cons is no different then other repaints in the series history.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061248)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 18th, 2020 @ 4:53pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Windsweeper wrote:Nothing worse than a repaint that's the same character. They could have given us any of the following:

Delta Magnus
Dragstrip or Fracture
Scorch, Swindle or Detritus
Clampdown, Deep Cover, Tiger Tracks, REV or Firecracker.

As much as I love the Siege Seeker mold and I will pick up Hotlink, I don't like his burnt colour scheme. Along with the Rainmakers, his colour scheme is disappointing. At least the Rainmakers had the excuse of cartoon accuracy which would have been great in Hotlink's case.

Those characters would have only worked if they were in the Netflix series. Mirage being repainted to reflect going undercover with the cons is no different then other repaints in the series history.


Regardless, aside from the "battle damage" most feel like re-releases. Mirage, Scrapface and Hotlink don't, in fact they may have been designed to offset just that.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061260)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on April 18th, 2020 @ 5:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Windsweeper wrote:Nothing worse than a repaint that's the same character. They could have given us any of the following:

Delta Magnus
Dragstrip or Fracture
Scorch, Swindle or Detritus
Clampdown, Deep Cover, Tiger Tracks, REV or Firecracker.

As much as I love the Siege Seeker mold and I will pick up Hotlink, I don't like his burnt colour scheme. Along with the Rainmakers, his colour scheme is disappointing. At least the Rainmakers had the excuse of cartoon accuracy which would have been great in Hotlink's case.

Those characters would have only worked if they were in the Netflix series. Mirage being repainted to reflect going undercover with the cons is no different then other repaints in the series history.


Regardless, aside from the "battle damage" most feel like re-releases. Mirage, Scrapface and Hotlink don't, in fact they may have been designed to offset just that.

They're kinda supposed to be rereleases, though. Getting characters from the show back onto store shelves when the Netflix show comes out (of course events have mucked that up some, but that was the intent).
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061261)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 18th, 2020 @ 5:25pm CDT
The only ones I want are the Battle masters. I'm thinking about buying the sets and trying to resell hotlink and Megatron without the little guys...
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061264)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2020 @ 5:34pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:They're kinda supposed to be rereleases, though. Getting characters from the show back onto store shelves when the Netflix show comes out (of course events have mucked that up some, but that was the intent).


But why tho?
4 of them are wave 1 toys that have been clogging shelves even to this day being Hound, Sideswipe, Magnus, and Megatron. Chromia is also basically the exact same. This will also be the FOURTH time this Megs mold is being released (although it's the best one). They are way too similar to their previous release making them truly worth it only for the completist or the one who managed to completely miss the Siege line.

My only true regret is getting a trio of camera guys will be absurdly expensive and hard to get.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061265)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2020 @ 5:42pm CDT
They are probably there to get the attention of people watching the show (hasbro will be thinking that store shelves will be full of Earthrise)
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061272)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2020 @ 6:10pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:They are probably there to get the attention of people watching the show (hasbro will be thinking that store shelves will be full of Earthrise)


One thing is sure though. The store shelves will never be full of those Siege Netflix sets. At least, at my local Walmart. #-o
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061273)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on April 18th, 2020 @ 6:10pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:They're kinda supposed to be rereleases, though. Getting characters from the show back onto store shelves when the Netflix show comes out (of course events have mucked that up some, but that was the intent).


But why tho?
4 of them are wave 1 toys that have been clogging shelves even to this day being Hound, Sideswipe, Magnus, and Megatron. Chromia is also basically the exact same. This will also be the FOURTH time this Megs mold is being released (although it's the best one). They are way too similar to their previous release making them truly worth it only for the completist or the one who managed to completely miss the Siege line.

My only true regret is getting a trio of camera guys will be absurdly expensive and hard to get.


I think that's exactly it. I'm betting Hasbro's expecting a significant chunk of the people who watch the show will be the type of people who watched Transformers as a kid but haven't really paid much attention to it in a while, and who might collect figures, so when the G1-ish Netflix show comes out, they'll go out wanting to buy toys for it.

Do I think that will actually end up being true, given how poorly Hasbro's marketing it so far? No, not at all, but that is what I'm betting Hasbro's logic is.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061275)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2020 @ 6:19pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:They're kinda supposed to be rereleases, though. Getting characters from the show back onto store shelves when the Netflix show comes out (of course events have mucked that up some, but that was the intent).


But why tho?
4 of them are wave 1 toys that have been clogging shelves even to this day being Hound, Sideswipe, Magnus, and Megatron. Chromia is also basically the exact same. This will also be the FOURTH time this Megs mold is being released (although it's the best one). They are way too similar to their previous release making them truly worth it only for the completist or the one who managed to completely miss the Siege line.

My only true regret is getting a trio of camera guys will be absurdly expensive and hard to get.


I think that's exactly it. I'm betting Hasbro's expecting a significant chunk of the people who watch the show will be the type of people who watched Transformers as a kid but haven't really paid much attention to it in a while, and who might collect figures, so when the G1-ish Netflix show comes out, they'll go out wanting to buy toys for it.

Do I think that will actually end up being true, given how poorly Hasbro's marketing it so far? No, not at all, but that is what I think Hasbro's logic is.


HA!
I'm pretty sure you nailed it. As a child in the 1980's I loved the original Transformers show and my childhood toys were only G1 Optimus Prime, Defensor, and Apeface. None of them survived my childhood obviously. My family was poor and it's a miracle I managed to get an Atari 2600 and a Sega Master. As a teen, I completely gave up on toys to be only into video games.

Only at 30-ish years old, when the first Bay movie came out in 2007 did my interest in Transformers was renewed. And only well after ROTF did I started collecting Transformers in 2010. The Bay movies brought me back.

So I can see that the Netflix series could do the same to many adult fans. That is, if the Netflix series is good and well done compared to the horrible Machinima series. The Siege line is pretty much gone from store shelves by now so those Netflix boxes make perfect sense.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061332)
Posted by Deadput on April 19th, 2020 @ 12:27am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Doesn't deluge have more green on him? Mirage works though because it's his con disguise.


Which Deluge? The G1 Aquaspeeder?


Or the G2 Color Changer (I'm assuming him)?


Looks more like blue.


The one that appeared in IDW during All Hail Megatron so the Color Changer, I forgot that the Aquaspeeder was a separate character.

He's not perfect but there isn't really much else to use in place for him.

I do a bit of repurposing for figures in my collection such as buying multiple Hasbro Hardheads to serve as heavy Autotroopers with the Takara version being Hardhead himself.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061335)
Posted by Emerje on April 19th, 2020 @ 12:36am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:But isn't scrapface a Decepticon?

Guess I had a total mental block. I'm sure I knew that, I did order him, but for some reason I still keep thinking he's an Autobot. Probably because we've already got this mold in four different colors and it's hard to believe they'd give it the Seeker treatment and do it a fifth time and still be a Decepticon. His name doesn't really fit the others either. Spyglass, Spectro, Viewfinder, Refractor, and Scrapface.

Emerje
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061337)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 19th, 2020 @ 12:41am CDT
I have 2 of Refraktor, once I get Scrapface he'll be the center of the camera. Kinda break up the boring and monotonous purple.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061338)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 19th, 2020 @ 12:58am CDT
@Emerje Well, obviously Scrapface is not meant to be a part of the Reflector team.

However, his name does still fit the camera theme. Ever heard of a scrapbook?

Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally spotted the Netflix figures in the wild, and I gotta say I was not impressed. Hotlink seemed dull, the paint is just not sharp. I thought about getting it, but in-hand it was a turn off.
Maybe he'd be better if they'd made purple - you know, his actual main color - the base plastic color like sensible people would do. I'm emailing them to ask what the hell they were thinking.
Rodimus Prime wrote:Same with Megatron. The paintjob just didn't seem right for him.
How come? Just going by photos the silver (which cartoon-based Megatron toys should be when budget permits, since that's what his animation model is trying to approximate) looks way better than the original release's dull gray.

Rodimus Prime wrote:The only things I wanted out of the packs are the Battle masters.
Another difference between you and me, then. Aside from Orange Lionizer I honestly have little interest in them considering how SIEGE cheaped out on the gun Battlemasters.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061339)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 19th, 2020 @ 1:06am CDT
But that's just it, Megatron's paint is not silver. It's more like shiny charcoal. He looks like a highly polished shoe, instead of something metallic.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061341)
Posted by Emerje on April 19th, 2020 @ 1:11am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:@Emerje Well, obviously Scrapface is not meant to be a part of the Reflector team.

Of course, still the same mold nonetheless, just strange seeing the mold without a camera themed name.

However, his name does still fit the camera theme. Ever heard of a scrapbook?

If that was intentional (I really doubt it) then that's some BotBots level naming.

Emerje
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061345)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 19th, 2020 @ 1:52am CDT
I think it was intended, Emerje. I mean, I can't think why else they'd give him that name.
I'd still like to see a brown-and-black redeco named "Brownie" (assuming they could get away with that trademark-wise).

Rodimus Prime wrote:But that's just it, Megatron's paint is not silver. It's more like shiny charcoal. He looks like a highly polished shoe, instead of something metallic.
Ahhh. It looked silver in the photos. Sigh...
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061346)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 19th, 2020 @ 2:08am CDT
Not the one I saw at the store. It's darker than silver, it's more like gun metal gray.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061375)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2020 @ 10:56am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Not the one I saw at the store. It's darker than silver, it's more like gun metal gray.


I think its just how we interpret colours. I personally feel it's silver.
Re: Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyagers Sighted in US (2061422)
Posted by LinaNui on April 19th, 2020 @ 7:26pm CDT
So can someone who found the Netflix figures share some pictures of the bar-codes so that I can scan them at my local stores?

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2RI Pitre-Durocher 230926X"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221750 4RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #33 RE IDW Comics 2014 Giant Robot 210322A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #24 Cvr A IDW Comics 2011 24A (W) Costa (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010G"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #31 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MICROMASTERS #1 Cvr B Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 1B (A/CA) Ruffolo"
Transformers MICRO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #7 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915H"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 FEB210482 3A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #343 - In the Future Year 2000
Twincast / Podcast #343:
"In the Future Year 2000"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 10th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON