Thursday, June 9th, 2016 12:08pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 32,192

Courtesy of Hasbro's Transformers Facebook page, we now have our first look at some new artwork that looks like it's being used for the Blu-Ray and DVD covers for the upcoming Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition, which Shout! Factory announced earlier today. The artwork is from Livio Ramondelli of IDW Transformers comic book fame. The artwork features Optimus Prime opening his chest to reveal the Matrix, Hot Rod kneeling in front of Optimus, Megatron and the "original" Decepticons on the left, Galvatron and the "new" Decepticons on the right, and Unicron in the background. Check out the new image below and join our discussion here.

Transformers News: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD

Credit(s): Hasbro's Transformers Facebook Page

Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796254)
Posted by o.supreme on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:29pm CDT
Too bad they couldn't get it out on August 2nd or 9th (the closest dates to the TRUE 30th anniversary on August 8th), but no sense in splitting hairs. Well done SF! Sony may have just had a 10 year hold or something, but still this is nice. I have the original Rhino DVD from 2000, and the Sony released 2 disc set from 2006.

If I had any say in the extras (which I don't obviously) it would be...

1. Can we please just get an unaltered Scramble City, without the garbage fan commentary for audio?
2. If there is going to be any commentary at all, let it be from individuals that worked on the film, fan commentaries are the worst, no matter how "well researched" they may think they are, it was still riddled with mistakes and assumptions. One of the reasons why I would never do a commentary even if asked to.

Of course however...I'll be getting the Blu-Ray

Hopefully S!F will someday get BWII & Neo. The fan subs are really good, but I'd like to have something official and tangible.
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796260)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:41pm CDT
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796261)
Posted by Seibertron on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:45pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Wasn't the 30th anniversary of the release a few days ago? Either way I'm happy about this, wonder if they'll re-release GI Joe the movie

The Movie came out in August 1986.
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796264)
Posted by o.supreme on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:47pm CDT
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796266)
Posted by Cobotron on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:50pm CDT
Nice! I can finally replace my VHS copy, and retire my VCR! :lol:
Seriously, the only reason I still have a VCR was to watch this and the two seasons of Yo Gabba Gabba I had to bootleg for my girls because cable is for dinosaurs. (said the guy with a VCR. :lol: )
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796270)
Posted by galvatron00 on June 9th, 2016 @ 12:56pm CDT
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuunk yeah!!!!!

3rd disc based copy of the movie coming my way! Wooooooo!!!
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796274)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on June 9th, 2016 @ 1:00pm CDT
is this Livio Ramondelli artwork? it looks....surprisingly ......competent?
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796286)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on June 9th, 2016 @ 1:25pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:is this Livio Ramondelli artwork? it looks....surprisingly ......competent?

I made that comment to a friend of mine. It's a lot cleaner than his art usually is. I really like the cover.
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796297)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 9th, 2016 @ 1:47pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:August 8th to be exact (at least in the US), trust me...my 10 year old self will never forget that experience. 8-)

God bless my Grandfather for taking me, poor guy didn't know what he was getting into.
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796304)
Posted by karyuudo on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:08pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:T

Glad to hear you've been enjoying BWII ;)
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796311)
Posted by o.supreme on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796312)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:23pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Yes. Very much. Just to give you a little background...I've had the series in straight Japanese on VHS since 1999, and BW Neo shortly after that. I've seen them both several times, but seeing it for the first time with subs is very much appreciated ;) .

Where can I see it with Subs?
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796315)
Posted by o.supreme on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CDT
check out karyuudo signature
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796325)
Posted by karyuudo on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:37pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:check out karyuudo signature

Hope you enjoy it :)
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796326)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:39pm CDT
karyuudo wrote:
o.supreme wrote:check out karyuudo signature

Hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks!
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796327)
Posted by Crisdecal on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:40pm CDT
Right now the Australian Blu-Ray release is selling for $17.99 on eBay, region free. The description shows that there're extras on the disc. I don't know if it'll be worth waiting for the U.S. release and I'm sure it'll be for more than the one on eBay.
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796331)
Posted by MrBlack on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:44pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

His linework is usually very clean, but it's ill-served by the muddy coloring he usually does. Some of his more recent work has been much brighter, which looks quite a bit better.

I wish someone else would color for him.
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796332)
Posted by o.supreme on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:44pm CDT
yeah but what's the shipping cost?
Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796334)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:46pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:yeah but what's the shipping cost?

It's prime shipping, but it's actually $36.81 on Amazon.com.

Re: New artwork revealed for upcoming Transformers The Movie 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray and DVD (1796336)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on June 9th, 2016 @ 2:51pm CDT
This is long, long, LONG overdue. I am very excited to finally get the last piece of the U.S. G1 cartoon! :D

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021