New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images

New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images

Monday, January 9th, 2012 4:11pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,547

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has posted some new images of BTS-05 Tremor and Frequenzy. The pair are designed to compliment their previous release BTS-04 Sonicron or G1 Soundwave. Additionally TFW2005 has posted an extensive gallery of the pair that can be viewed by clicking here.

Credit(s): BBTS

Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331892)
Posted by WolfDawg on January 9th, 2012 @ 4:18pm CST
I want to like these guys, but there are just so many better options when it comes to Frenzy and Rumble. I like the articulation, but the head sculpts look off and those hip are REALLY wide. The G1 toys have better proportions.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331893)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 9th, 2012 @ 4:20pm CST
Looking at the cassette modes and piledrivers, I REALLY want to like these two, but their robot modes...um...did someone start these with the idea that they'd be female counterparts to Rumble and Frenzy, but then just go for show-model accurate heads instead of more feminine faces? Seeing their expressions and square shoulders on top of what amount to hourglass figures with those wide hips, I can almost hear them saying to each other, "Time to-", "-TRANS-VEST!"
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331896)
Posted by craggy on January 9th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CST
I'm the same. Especially after seeing the alt-modes (little batteries for the piledrivers!) and articulation I like them, but the size 0 waists really turn me off. Eat something you freaks!
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331900)
Posted by Mkall on January 9th, 2012 @ 4:42pm CST
If I didn't already have those awesome Perfect Effect figures, I'd go for these two. But my interest in them is 0.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331907)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 9th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CST
They're so CLOSE to being cool it kinda hurts... the transformations are solid. Ratbat and his transformation look fantastic. But if you're wanting these as an updated Rumble/Frenzy... you want them to have:

- more accurate chest design
- better proportions (esp. hips/waist)

But as is, I DO love the batteries. Heh. And they're close enough to cool that I'll probably get them, even if they stay in cassette mode.

And they shall be Rumble and Frenzy's twin sisters with child-bearing-hips...

I shall call them Frenzi and Rumblina.

Heh hehe he heh. Rumblina. :lol:
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331914)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 9th, 2012 @ 5:43pm CST
Getting them mainly because they're tapebots and I love me some tapebots.

But, yeah ... G1 had better proportions.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331922)
Posted by tmk9883 on January 9th, 2012 @ 6:03pm CST
They look a little too feminine with the wide hips and color choices.

Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331923)
Posted by King Slick on January 9th, 2012 @ 6:03pm CST
YAY! The two tiny little pipsqueaks! If only I had the BTS Soundwave (or whatever name they gave him) *awaits for the pic of Edward Elric flipping out over the pipsqueak remark*
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331928)
Posted by Windsweeper on January 9th, 2012 @ 6:11pm CST
I like them. I think if they came with their iconic backpack/guns, the bots would look a bit more acceptable. I wonder if they can hold the G1 guns.

I will definitely pick them up at some stage. I love that they're compatible with G1 Soundwave. I am curious as to how tall they are. Get the impression they're taller than the originals.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331930)
Posted by Andrius on January 9th, 2012 @ 6:12pm CST
I feel like Charlie Brown. BTS is Lucy, and potentially awesome toys are the football.

So close, every time, yet always a disappointment.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331942)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 9th, 2012 @ 6:35pm CST
I like these guys but there is something off about them. I imagine the QC will be so so but I have them on pre order at BBTS anyway. ;-)
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331954)
Posted by triKlops on January 9th, 2012 @ 7:38pm CST
i believe it is the Ratbat from this grouping that i was looking forward to
the rest, not so much
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331956)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 9th, 2012 @ 7:45pm CST
WolfDawg wrote:I want to like these guys

I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the pix..
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331965)
Posted by Blurrz on January 9th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CST
Haha one could've got the Soundwave for cheaper than the minions.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331971)
Posted by amtm on January 9th, 2012 @ 8:45pm CST
tmk9883 wrote:Does anyone have Sonicron? Noticed he was on clearance for $40 which doesnt seem terrible for someone without a Soundwave in their collection.

It was previously on clearance for $29. I'll bet if you're patient, you can get a better price than $40. I think the price may have gone back up due to the cassette bot release, but I think if you wait it should come back down.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331974)
Posted by slugfest200x on January 9th, 2012 @ 9:19pm CST
i hate the way those two look, they almost have animated feel to em and in that sense i like them, i hope the g1 figures can use those batteries though- that would make it worth it.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331977)
Posted by dinogeist on January 9th, 2012 @ 9:32pm CST
I think the 3rd party company that created these are genious's.
these have got to be the most articulated/poseable 3rd party cassette/robot toys ever.

The genious part,Is having the pile drivers attachments transform into soundwaves batteries/rocket launchers/weapons.

I think it was a nice touch to add tiny cases for the cassettes to squeeze into.

I can understand & forgive some mis-proprtioned body parts. because lets face it,creating 2 inch poseable robots that transforms into flat rectangular tiny 2 inch cassettes is NOT A EASY TASK BY ANY MEANS.

No,I'm not buying these. as I don't own any soundwave toys. the only cassette transformers I like are ravage & other animals that transform into cassettes.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331992)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 9th, 2012 @ 10:48pm CST
Tidalwavex wrote:I think the 3rd party company that created these are genious's.

Wow, you are generous.

Anyway, I think the prize for most articulate tape still belongs to G1 Ravage and his ilk.
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331995)
Posted by No One on January 9th, 2012 @ 11:07pm CST
The only way I think these could have been better is if Frenzy's batteries turned into guns, leave Rumble as is. I don't want weapons that can't be stored after seeing these batteries.

Better yet, do these weapons for ALL the G1 cassettes that will store in Soundwave as batteries!!!
Re: New BTS-05 Minions Series Tremor & Frequenzy Images (1331998)
Posted by Rated X on January 9th, 2012 @ 11:23pm CST
Wide hips and a coke bottle figure...Thats how I like my women, not my transformers.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Universe Starscream Generations Classics 25th Anniversary Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Studio Series The Movie Deluxe Class 86-01 MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE TRAILBREAKER GOOD SIZE FOR SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "(2) STERLING TRANSFORMER CORP ST26744 TRANSFORMERS NEW. Govt  5950-00-442-5237" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster - Transformers Generation 1 Walmart Reissue - Brand New in Box" on EBAY