New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast....

New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast....

Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 12:34pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 48,678

CrazyDevy.com the 3rd party company that is dedicated to improve your Combiners has posted a teaser for an upcoming set on their website.
We have mirrored their teaser but if you wish to visit their site anyway just click here.

If you can't make out what the next set will be, it's an upgrade set for G1 Predaking!

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Supreme Omega, CrazyDevy

Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062358)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:38pm CDT
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062359)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
Okay...I'm gonna' guess big snap-on shoulder cannons to match his animation model.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062361)
Posted by --B-- on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:49pm CDT
And new articulated hands. Possibly some new feet.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062362)
Posted by HighPrime on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:53pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Considering how their prices have increased with each set...this Predaking set will be approximately $40,000

Right? Though they are of high-quality; I 100% agree that these sets are way overpriced. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on PoV), people keeping snapping them up, so prices will continue to rise until the market screams 'uncle' ;)
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062363)
Posted by Forgotten on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CDT
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062364)
Posted by Liftgate on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CDT
I always thought Predaking should have came with a spear. Would have gave him a cool beast/hunter vibe.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062365)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:57pm CDT
Whoa, I have both figures (Dev is on display, Predaking is boxed) and I don't remember Predaking being THAT much bigger then Devy.

I have my Devastator upgrade kit on preorder, depending on how the final product looks in hand, I may order this as well.

2010, year of the combiners!! First Fans Project Bruticus add on set, then we get news of PowerCore combiners, then CrayzDevy finishes off Devastator, and now working on a new upgrade kit for Predaking!! This is fracking awesome!!!
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062366)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:58pm CDT
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062367)
Posted by Liftgate on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:58pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:Whether it be some snap in knees, elbows, new head, new hands, cannons, whatever I'm sure it will be great. Just too bad that a lot of us don't have Predaking and don't have the 300 bucks to get in on the awesomeness of the Predacons. :sad: :sad:

When the day comes that they reissue this guy, I think they're gonna need to set up a suicide hotline for the lost souls what paid buco bucks for him in the past.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062368)
Posted by DavidT on April 7th, 2010 @ 1:02pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Will do nicely with the upcoming Predaking reissue, this set might actually make him look less adorable and more like a freaking monster badass.

So uhhh.... any news on this Predaking re-reissue? This year, next year, 5 years?

Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062369)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 7th, 2010 @ 1:07pm CDT
DavidT wrote:

All we know at the moment is that it's going to be reissued, I guess official confirmation (should they still plan on making it) should be available in the next 6 months, but according to both s250 and Blurrz - it's definitely coming.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062371)
Posted by mechabooks on April 7th, 2010 @ 1:11pm CDT
Really wish I had Predaking. A reissue you say... :sad: my credit card is going to own my soul soon enough!
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062373)
Posted by godzill216 on April 7th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
Makes me happy that I found my stowed away Predacons. Articulated hands would be cool, because I have yet to determine which box, and where, Predaking's right hand is at the moment. Although, honestly, if the prices to the Upgrade sets for G1 Devs are any indication, count me out from jumping on the bandwagon.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062376)
Posted by DavidT on April 7th, 2010 @ 1:26pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
DavidT wrote:

I think it would be neat to get another reissue of Predaking cause I don't wanna open the one I have... Do we know what sources s250 and Blurrz got the information on this?

Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062377)
Posted by dragons on April 7th, 2010 @ 1:30pm CDT
wasnt igear or someone planning this to but never heard of again?

should be intersting i would like it if they made divebomb wings more durable so he doesnt hang there in combined mode he falls off very easily, hands, cannons to snap on to his back, & head would be good for me.

not sure how the knees would be good for soemthing this massive in size hes the biggest g1 combiner in the series knees may make him unstable
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062380)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 7th, 2010 @ 1:32pm CDT
DavidT wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
DavidT wrote:

Only they do but they are usually always right when it comes to this stuff.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062385)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 7th, 2010 @ 2:03pm CDT

Besides, I don't think upgrades like this are really necessary for G1 combiners. G1's clunkiness is part of its charm!
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062386)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on April 7th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
That's a massive upgrade, for comparison:

Image Image

Looks like not only have the connections been augmented similar to Devestator (e.g. thighs and pelvis) but the armor/details/kibblehave been upgraded - note the wings and lion mane.

I wonder how much of these upgrades will be functional in separated mode? Divebomb could look a LOT cooler.

Also worth posting:

Note that the height difference is dramatic, even though (as far as I know) the upgraded Devastator is itself quite a bit taller than the original.
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062405)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 7th, 2010 @ 3:44pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Image

Wrong! Maximals Maximize. Predacons Terrorize! Fail! :P

j/k
Re: New CrazyDevy upgrade: Predatory beast.... (1062407)
Posted by HighPrime on April 7th, 2010 @ 3:53pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I don't really plan on getting these upgrades if they're as expensive as everyone's suggesting, but I am interested in a Predaking Reissue if it ever happens... how much did the last one cost? If it's around $100 I'm highly tempted. Though, considering Bruticus costs $80, and Predaking is so much bigger, that's probably not going to be the case.

The last Predaking Reissue was about $150.00 (that's how much I paid when it was first released). If this version has die-cast, given inflation/material costs, I'd guess this new issue will cost around $180-$200. Could be more though. in 2004, BBTS was offering this for $174.99.

Bruticus (in this day and age) is 4 legend class vehicles and 1 deluxe. He was $86 roughly (and had NO diecast...drat...) Predaking is 5 near-voyager class figures, so I think $180-$200 is a safe bet. ($225-$250 at BBTS)

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY