New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market

New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market

Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 12:22pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Press Releases, People News, Company News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 36,713

The Official Transformers YouTube channel has updated with a brand new Designer Desk video aimed at Australia, giving us another peek into the Aerialbots and Stunticons, AKA Superion and Menasor. This is not the first they've been featured in the Designers Desk video series, as we've just recently reported on their appearance, which you can read about here.

Design Manager John Warden takes center stage yet again to briefly discuss the two combiner teams and you can see the video by clicking on the embed below:

You can see all of the currently US released Combiner Wars figures in stunning detail in our in depth galleries by clicking right here: Combiner Wars Galleries

Credit(s): The Official Transformers YouTube Channel

Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680219)
Posted by Cobotron on April 28th, 2015 @ 1:02pm CDT
I really hope my old signature didn't discourage him from being a part of these vids.

My old sig.

Dear Joshua,

I just want to apologize for any harm I may have done to your feelings. You did a fine job on the video. Although your facial expression may not have matched the sentiment you were conveying, that gave me no right to make you the butt of my joke. In fact a truer statement could not have been made. It is indeed, "a real fun way to play with Transformers". I haven't had this much fun with my Transformers in a long while.
Let's chalk it up to misguided hero worship. Heck, I would kill to have your job. Why you, John, and the rest of the TF design staff are not treated as Rock Gods is beyond me. I wish you and your crew much success. Keep up the great work. You guys are killing it right now!

No hard feelings?
With much respect and admiration,
your #1 fan,
Cobotron
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680221)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 28th, 2015 @ 1:07pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:I've noticed that John Warden has taken the lead on this last batch of Design Desk videos. Where did Joshua Lamb go?

My old sig.

Dear Joshua,

No hard feelings?
With much respect and admiration,
your #1 fan,
Cobotron

Duuude. Seriously, that's awfully nice of you, but I think you give yourself too much credit. You weren't the only one who made comments on his appearance in the video, so if it was such a thing, it wasn't just you. Still, cool that you'd take that step.

No, most likely what happened was he's either behind the scenes now or moved onto a different department. It's not uncommon for Hasbro to play Musical Chairs with their staffers, a lot of the teams are moved around and broken up from time to time. Although, getting rid of Kyde and Archer was pretty big...
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680222)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 28th, 2015 @ 1:18pm CDT
You know what would be a great third party upgrade for these guys? Adapters that allow Energon (and by extension TFC) limbs to connect to CW torsos. That way you could put TFC Groove on Defensor if you don't like rook, or buy the Uranos limbs and replace the godawful TFC Silverbolt with the CW version.
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680225)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 28th, 2015 @ 1:57pm CDT
I keep missing these designer desk videos. How many more are there?
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680226)
Posted by Cobotron on April 28th, 2015 @ 2:00pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I think you give yourself too much credit. You weren't the only one who made comments
Well than, may my apology extend to all those who poked fun at someone who deserves our respect.

Autobot032 wrote: It's not uncommon for Hasbro to play Musical Chairs with their staffers
Through a reliable source with first hand experience, I have heard that the corporate structure and culture in the design departments at Hasbro is super competitive and down rite cut throat.I asked my source his opinion on why the TF designers aren't idolized like they are in Japan, and he answered, because Hasbro will not stand for it. Take from that what you will.

Autobot032 wrote:getting rid of Kyde and Archer was pretty big...
I've always hoped that Archer left on his own volition, possibly due to said culture. But, that is all speculation on my part.

Anyway...
Viva La Guerras Combinador!!!! :D
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680227)
Posted by Cobotron on April 28th, 2015 @ 2:02pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:I keep missing these designer desk videos. How many more are there?

1st one, 1st page, 2nd post.
The other 2 should be easy to find via the front page news. They hit last week, I think.
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680283)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 28th, 2015 @ 6:15pm CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:Depends how you do it.
Someone on TFW has it "up"

OK, if you notice the white plastic sticking out is the head/chest piece for robot mode. If you're ok with that sticking out cool, but there's no way for it to fold flush with the hood like that. I'd also stress caution as those hinges are pinned in and the wrong kind of pressure could cause damage.

Well since Adventure Nemesis Prime has been delayed I bit the bullet and ordered Slingshot and Wildrider. It'll be interesting to see how they look in hand.
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680285)
Posted by Shockwave7 on April 28th, 2015 @ 6:17pm CDT
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680287)
Posted by Cobotron on April 28th, 2015 @ 6:24pm CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:I note in this video, the guy did NOT try to rotate Menasor's arm in his socket. Due to weak tabbing, trying this without keeping a grip on the Motormaster sections of the torso will cause them to pop loose....

Ya! You know, Prime doesn't have this problem. I think MM wears the mold better than Prime, but he is a sloppy mess of noodlieness. :-(
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680360)
Posted by shajaki on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:31pm CDT
New/awesome/hilarious video from my favorite reviewer!

Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680365)
Posted by ClearlySane88 on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:39pm CDT
shajaki wrote:New/awesome/hilarious video from my favorite reviewer!

Wow, that's pretty quick for Thew. He just came out with the Apollyon review the other day.
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680369)
Posted by Cobotron on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:46pm CDT
"It's dumb. It's fun. It gets friggin done." :APPLAUSE: :lol:
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680370)
Posted by Burn on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:48pm CDT
Once again I have to state that if you're posting reviews in the reviews forum, DO NOT POST THEM IN OTHER DISCUSSION THREADS. It's akin to spamming.
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680373)
Posted by Cobotron on April 28th, 2015 @ 10:52pm CDT
Speaking of fun and dumb...

Dead End's flight mode
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680396)
Posted by brokenchopstick on April 29th, 2015 @ 4:14am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Speaking of fun and dumb...

Dead End's flight mode

"Where we're going, we don't need... roads."
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680410)
Posted by Logan. on April 29th, 2015 @ 6:35am CDT
In my opinion, Cyclonus is a good remold, but I could to give a sense only like Sweeps team body.

...and Rook has found his collocation in the historical group, carrying all Defensor components. ^ ^

Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680420)
Posted by RAcast on April 29th, 2015 @ 7:36am CDT
brokenchopstick wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Speaking of fun and dumb...

Dead End's flight mode

"Where we're going, we don't need... roads."

That's beautiful and I love it.

Logan79 wrote:Image

Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680434)
Posted by Stumpybot on April 29th, 2015 @ 8:17am CDT

first Combiner Wars slingshot review is up
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680436)
Posted by RhA on April 29th, 2015 @ 8:26am CDT
And here I am, still waiting for my pre-orders for ****ing Stunticons to finally fill, looking at all these awesome pictures.
Re: New Designer Desk Video For The Australian Market (1680448)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 29th, 2015 @ 9:32am CDT
Is there any online store other than Robot Kingdom with the Quickslinger and Brake-Neck up for order?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock New Factory Sealed" on EBAY