New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale

Transformers News: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale

Friday, May 24th, 2019 7:08AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: 00Stargrave00   Views: 19,975

This just in from Loopaza Mega Store are some great new scans from Figure King Magazine #256. The main page has some great perspective shots showing Transformers Masterpiece MP-46 Black Widow (aka Blackarachnia) and how she scales with Masterpiece Megatron. They also provide a bevy of pictures of her various accessories. Also shown in accompanying panels are images of War for Cybertron: Siege Waven 8 for the Japanese Market -Powertrain and HIghjump, Barricade, and Thundercracker, Cyberverse Bumblebee, Grimlock, Optimus, Megatron, and Wheeljack, and 3A’s Premium Scale Bumblebee showing how incredibly this piece captures his likeness from the movies. Let us know your thoughts below!

Transformers News: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale

Transformers News: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale

Transformers News: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale

Transformers News: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale
Credit(s): Loopaza

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022460)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 24th, 2019 @ 8:00am CDT
Really need to see her next to Primal and Cheetor to see how her scale works. While I still wish she had some panels to cover more of her legs in spider mode; the more I see of her, the more I want her... which sounds really creepy stalkerish. :oops:
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022462)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 24th, 2019 @ 8:17am CDT
Takara’s Not lying when they say “hot item.”

Emphasis on “hot.” 8-) :lol:
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022463)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2019 @ 8:37am CDT
Somebody say something before about her being the wrong size? ;)

(Click each for full size)

Image sources.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022465)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 24th, 2019 @ 8:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Somebody say something before about her being the wrong size? ;)

(Click each for full size)

Image sources.

The first pictures we saw of her made it look like she was taller then cheetor, almost the same height as primal. but that easily could be a trick of the camera angles. also it was still a painted prototype, and may have been bigger then the final product will be.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022466)
Posted by Black Hat on May 24th, 2019 @ 8:46am CDT
I have a MIGHTY NEED!

For real, this might be the first BW MP I buy. It helps of course that given that she's a giant spider, there's no need to worry about alt-mode scale (and thus she can fit in basically any display you want) and that she's probably one of my favourite Transformers characters ever. I kinda wish she'd come out before the time I went to TFNation though, so I could have gotten her or her box signed by Venus Terzo. Oh well, maybe if I get a time machine (or I see her at another con)...
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022481)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 24th, 2019 @ 10:07am CDT
I have such mixed feelings about this. I love Beast Wars, so I'm excited to see the characters get Masterpiece toys. However, I cant help but be disappointed that it didn't happen before Masterpieces started costing $1x10⁴⁴ a piece. At this point I've stopped collecting the line because I just can't keep up with the prices. :(
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022482)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 24th, 2019 @ 10:11am CDT
This is the only one I am impatiently waiting on. Chiefly because I want to get her out of the way so I see characters I actually want to buy.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022492)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 24th, 2019 @ 10:43am CDT
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022494)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 24th, 2019 @ 10:48am CDT
Considering the line is theoretically only 14 characters...

^I would have preferred Him, about 8 characters before her. Putting BA at the very tail end of the MP Beast Wars line, alongside Airazor and Scorponok.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022499)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 24th, 2019 @ 11:17am CDT

(Click each for full size)

Image sources.

I think it's the wrong size for the price.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022503)
Posted by Malicron on May 24th, 2019 @ 11:42am CDT
She'll seem taller once Megs there collapses in agony from a broken crotch.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022506)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 24th, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I think it's the wrong size for the price.

This. 100%

Although smaller than Cheetor, price-wise, she is in-between Optimus Primal and Dinobot, with no justification whatsoever.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022508)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 24th, 2019 @ 12:09pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I think it's the wrong size for the price.

This. 100%

I'd imagine the excuse would be increased parts count, increase in the cost of resources used to make her and the stand. The more real reason could just be that they know people will pay the price and so just focus on them, writing off all those who rather have more bang for their buck, or have a more streamlined release with a reduced price (no stand).

Of course the truth behind her price could be even stranger then we could think.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022514)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 24th, 2019 @ 12:31pm CDT
MP Dinobot was last year. There is no way in hell there was even a noteworthy enough increase in the cost of resources within less than 12 months, that had to be passed on to the customer. I am also extremely dubious that she has a higher parts count than anyone else previously.

As for these stands, worthless chunks of plastic that they are. I do find their sudden, compulsive inclusion really suspicious too. As I imagine, HasTak are well aware that if they sold them as two separate price points - with or without the stand - Less than half of collectors would pay the inflated price.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022516)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on May 24th, 2019 @ 12:38pm CDT
Malicron wrote:She'll seem taller once Megs there collapses in agony from a broken crotch.

Maybe if he kept his mouthy hand to himself she wouldn’t have had to break it :lol:
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022525)
Posted by william-james88 on May 24th, 2019 @ 1:39pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I think it's the wrong size for the price.

This. 100%

The stand and web accessory isn't justification for the price?
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022527)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 24th, 2019 @ 1:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I think it's the wrong size for the price.

This. 100%

The stand and web accessory isn't justification for the price?

Quite frankly no. It is a cheap looking, easily produced display stand. It still shouldn't price her above Cheetor, as I'm sure the price should be relative to the figure, not the accessories?
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022529)
Posted by william-james88 on May 24th, 2019 @ 1:59pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I think it's the wrong size for the price.

This. 100%

The stand and web accessory isn't justification for the price?

But nothing's free. I dont like the price either and I would much rather pay cheaper and have less accessories. But I dont think this release as a whole would make sense to be cheaper than cheetor when you get more stuff.
Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022530)
Posted by william-james88 on May 24th, 2019 @ 1:59pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I think it's the wrong size for the price.

This. 100%

The stand and web accessory isn't justification for the price?

Re: New Figure King #256 Scans Showing MP Blackarachnia's Scale (2022532)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 24th, 2019 @ 2:22pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I think it's the wrong size for the price.

This. 100%

The stand and web accessory isn't justification for the price?

agreed, but also isn't that stand supposed to light up? I thought it said in her details release that that something lit up on her. Though honestly, I would be more for the stands being sold separately. the pegs seem to work for most retail figures. They are connectable, modular and customizable. Takatomy would just need to make some optional colors, like ark orange, nemesis purple, etc, and I would buy a bunch of them. given they were at a decent price.

one thing to consider though, is geometric tolerances for something like a mp figure have to be exceptionally high. On a smaller figure, this could lead to more parts failing qc, more waste which in turn would mean a higher production cost.

00Stargrave00 wrote:Nah not at all Immortal Starscream that's not stalkery- that's just poetic romanticism, with an edge. Like, a sharp dangerous edge ;)
hot, poisonous, deadly. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Titans return Trypticon Transformers generations brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Cog Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Tank Original Part(s) Works!" on EBAY
Buy "1980’s Hasbro Transformers G1 Sinnertwin and Warpath Tank plus Bonus NR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Brunt - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Junk-Armor-01w" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron HOUND Siege Deluxe Class WFC-S9 MIB" on EBAY