New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September

Transformers News: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 8:41PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 15,055

From IDW Publishing, we have news of a brand new Transformers ongoing book set to debut in September! Titled Transformers: Galaxies, the new series is set to explore the origins of various 'bots in the rebooted IDW continuity via story arcs that focus on one character or group- think of it as a series of extended Spotlight-style stories. Galaxies will be written by Tyler Bleszinski, and art duties will be handled by longtime Transformers artist Livio Ramondelli.

The first arc to be featured in the series will focus on the fan-favorite Constructicons (and a certain original combiner is teased) ! Long Haul, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Hook, Scavenger and Bonecrusher long ago emerged from the aftermath of the war against the Threefold Spark to help rebuild Cybertron. But what has become of them since? Find out this September when the series is released. For now, check out the images below, and let your fellow Seibertronians know what you think in the Forums!
Credit(s): IDW Publishing
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025297)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 20th, 2019 @ 8:47pm CDT
Interesting concept, i can get behind it! Just hope the main story picks up so this can take the spot of filling in the background
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025305)
Posted by steve2275 on June 20th, 2019 @ 9:30pm CDT
i like it
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025321)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 21st, 2019 @ 2:03am CDT
I'm mostly a fan of Ramondelli's work, I know nothing of the author. Hopefully this will be better paced than what we have now, I find the concept interesting.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025324)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 21st, 2019 @ 2:55am CDT
I feel like this is an extension of sorts to the original Spotlight idea, depending on the bots it covers, it could be a good read.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025334)
Posted by Big Grim on June 21st, 2019 @ 7:40am CDT
I'll give this a shot but it does feel like a shot in the arm for the main series which is just dawdling along. They need to pick up the pace and make the book a touch more interesting and exciting.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025350)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:26am CDT
Sounds interesting but I'm not a fan of Ramondelli's art. Along with Wildman, he's my least favourite artist.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025355)
Posted by Black Hat on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
The nuIDW stuff has had some deeply questionable art but those Constructicons are looking rather nice.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2025584)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2019 @ 10:05am CDT
After getting a 1-page teaser as Tuesday, we have another teaser page for you for the upcoming IDW Transformers #8! Issue #8 appears to be a very Cyclonus-heavy issue, as our prior preview showed us him engaging Flamewar in a very violent showdown, and this page gives us a very worried looking Froid following by a flying Cyclonus totally smashing his way into some sort of building.

This preview comes to us from Tom Waltz on Twitter, and with an apparent delay the issue is set to come out next Wednesday, July 3.

Check out the page below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026019)
Posted by Stargrave on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:47am CDT
Thanks to artist Winston Chan from his Twitter account we have a great image of the cover for issue #13 of the current IDW Transformers! You can see Starscream along with a particular pumpkin-hued Prime in the background with a nicely drawn Prowl and Chromia on the run in the foreground. Check out the image and as always share your view with the Seibertron crew in the forums.

From Winston's Twitter:
"The cover drawn and coloured by me for issue 13 of
@IDWPublishing's new #Transformers comic.
I'm so grateful for the chance to realise a dream. Much thanks to
@IDW_David_M and @TomWaltz.
Hope you all like it."
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026022)
Posted by Black Hat on June 26th, 2019 @ 11:52am CDT
The perspective on Chromia's legs makes me physically ill. Nice colour work though.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026067)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 26th, 2019 @ 1:17pm CDT
TR Sentinel Prime? Ok then, I guess :???:

Nice art, but I feel like we had better art before.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026098)
Posted by Randomhero on June 26th, 2019 @ 1:54pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:TR Sentinel Prime? Ok then, I guess :???:

Nice art, but I feel like we had better art before.

Yes I agree with sentinel. I’ve been looking forward to his official introduction even though a small part of me wondered if TR toy would be used. I have the toy. I like it but it’s not the best translated in art. I am hoping for heroic Sentinel Prime and not robot nazi sentinel. Worked for the first IDW but let’s go back to a bot Optimus looked up to.

I do like the art on the cover though
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026116)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 26th, 2019 @ 2:27pm CDT
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026125)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2019 @ 2:39pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Can I ask for a sentinel prime of the middle ground or one more akin to his Animated incarnation?

It would definitely help show that this is a new continuity and not just a redo of what we already got.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026130)
Posted by Randomhero on June 26th, 2019 @ 2:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Like a sentinel from Megatron Origin who was alluded to being a smug A-hole but because he had a duty and didn’t care about the politicians. I’d be fine with that.

I still enjoyed Sentinel Prime from IDW but now that it’s all said and done I see errors. He revealed that like Sovereign he was an agent of Nexus Prime and then Onyx Prime and was preparing for Onyx’s return. His plan was to bring an army of titans and wipe out everyone on Cybertron. colonists and planet born Cybertronians. When Onyx returned and Shockwave revealed himself, sentinel and the plan to use titans to go all attack on Titan and trample everyone is not mentioned and none of that seemed to gel with shockwaves plans. It didn’t make any sense in the end.

One big criticism I have for the end of IDW was a lot of things didn’t end up getting resolved. Mainly plots with sovereign and Centurion. No time. They just got dumped. Woulda been nice if we’d gotten some interaction with Shockwave and those 2
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026140)
Posted by ScottyP on June 26th, 2019 @ 2:56pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

All the stuff with Shockwave/Onyx/whatnot still reeks of an eleventh hour pivot to simplify a more complex, pre-planned plot and move it towards a rushed conclusion to make way for the Unicron wrap-up event.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026144)
Posted by Stargrave on June 26th, 2019 @ 3:10pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Well said. I wanted to like Optimus Prime’s go at a title in his name and that whole 11th hour push/arc as you accurately called it but it was very busy and muddled then ooo inky Junkions then ooo lots of Aileron then oo Onyx and boom done. And Shockwave just didn’t feel like Shockwave. In retrospect I was left wanting a bit.

Having read the whole thing in a big whoosh like I did looking at it as a whole I think there were a lot of factors at play but nothing bored me more than the crossover stuff. Crap. Crossover crap. And I love each of those properties from my childhood dearly but it just was wrong it did not belong.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026171)
Posted by Randomhero on June 26th, 2019 @ 3:50pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Well that’s the thing. John did that interview with Mike and Andy on the Moonbase 2 and he said that Shockwave and Onyx was planned in 2015. He was year into season 2 of RID when he figures out how to bring back Shockwave. John still had everything planned with a Onyx and Shockwave but he decided to leave the book after “the falling arc” but when they decided to end the continuity they tossed in a unicron at the end.

You can see there was a bigger story that was gonna he told. Onyx does show up and claims to have a cure for the corrupted Energon the talisman did. He’s even holding a via of something all through the arc but in the final issue Shockwave just says he had no cure and liege Maximo’s power of deceit was rubbing off on him. Even I said “wait..what?”

I still enjoy how IDW ended very much. I still love the unicron story and everything but you can totally see there was waaaaaay more that gonna go on if it hadn’t ended.

All of Scott’s plans for till all are one.
The arisen
The colonies
The stuff that for crunched into the last 6 issues of Lost light.
Sovereign
sentinel

A lot of stuff got axed but I still think they did the best they could with a 12 month notice to end it all.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026173)
Posted by Randomhero on June 26th, 2019 @ 3:54pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

See I all about shockwaves character in the falling arc and unicron. This isn’t senator Shockwave and it’s not logic driven Shockwave. It’s a mixture of both that’s also 18-19 million years old. Much like the change in Megatron in MTMTE/LL, he’s completely different character.
Re: New IDW Ongoing Transformers: Galaxies Comic to debut in September (2026191)
Posted by Stargrave on June 26th, 2019 @ 4:42pm CDT
See I felt that too fortunately there was enough mention of and exposition to make that really tangible for me but as we’re all kind of echoing I guess it just felt squeezed in.

Every death in Unicron felt like saying goodbye in painful chunks to something I’d fallen in love with fast and hard like a teenager’s romance. You always wish you had more time.

You mentioned how Megatron evolved that’s like all you needed to say. When his canon turned into his med case I thought oh some people are gonna hate that but I love a well written villain turnaround I lost my fanboy s$&@ when he did that. He’s like the Doctor Doom type character teaming up with the FF I always geeked out for that stuff.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs 1987" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Nitro Series, Barricade + Bumblebee IOP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cannon Bumblebee Revenge Of The Fallen" on EBAY
Buy "Dragonstorm Leader Premier Edition The Last Knight Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics TFSS Botcon NIGHT RACER SHAKAR Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise RID #2 Bumblebee Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 4" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY