New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons

New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons

Saturday, January 8th, 2011 3:31am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 71,413

A member of ACtoys has posted images of the upcoming Mastermind Creations project, KM-04 Assassin Squad. All three members, which are based on the Insecticons from the IDW's Hearts of Steel comic series, appear in their prototype stages. The figures appear to be roughly deluxe in size, have light up features, and integrated weapons.

EDIT: This is merely a custom and not the product that will be released by Mastermind Creations

We have mirrored the images you can however check out the original posting on ACToys by clicking here.

Credit(s): ACToys

This article was last modified on Saturday, January 8th, 2011 11:54pm CST

Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166725)
Posted by Mykltron on January 8th, 2011 @ 4:15am CST
Kickback looks like a brick! The others look good but he looks awful.

Why are they called Insecticons if they don't transform into insects?
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166754)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on January 8th, 2011 @ 6:14am CST
Mykltron wrote:Kickback looks like a brick! The others look good but he looks awful.

Why are they called Insecticons if they don't transform into insects?

Because they are OBVIOUSLY the characters we know as the insecticons but only re imagined as a strange 3 part train like combiner.....and steam-punky-trainicons sounds stupid :roll:
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166762)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 8th, 2011 @ 6:41am CST
Autobot032 wrote:The Devastator is being made by iGear, or one of their "buddies", if I recall correctly. I do know, however, that FP has no involvement with that one.

Actually, Devastator is made by TFclub (not to be confused with the Transformers Collectors Club by fun pub). The same people that made the Gear of War sets and Battle Rollar.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166775)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 8th, 2011 @ 7:44am CST
Molding the Decepticon logo in these is a bad idea.

I'm not too big on the chunky look if these guys, but I'll reserve judgement when we see the final versions. I hope they'll include more track sections.

I'm ready to see Cyclops.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166785)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:18am CST
Spectacular I absolutely must have those insecticons they have everything that I want in a transformer……… light-up faces…….. cool looking armor………hidden weapons………. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

By the way does anybody know how much $ these guys are going to be
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166791)
Posted by Rated X on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:34am CST
Well they definitally look good enough to be stand in's for classics insecticons. Ill probally buy them.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166849)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:32am CST
YES YES YES! I hope they make the entire HOS lineup! Can't wait for these guys! Now all we need is some seekers, a megs, and little BB caboose to tow behind KMC. That's right Bumblebee, back of the line!
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166851)
Posted by The Dude on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:36am CST
I agree, molding in the Decepticon symbol is a bad idea, and Hasbro will sue MMC in the face, but as long as this thing is legal to buy, me want! =P~
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166856)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:42am CST
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166866)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 8th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:It is being reported elsewhere that these prototypes are not the work of Mastermind Creations but of a unrelated custom piece made using a 3d printer for a college product. Supposedly it's not for mass production which might explain the molded decepticon symbols.

Man I hope you're wrong. Not saying you are, hoping you are.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166892)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on January 8th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST

mastermind-creations-2011-products-cyclops-shockwave-and-assassin-squad-insecticons-t72289.php
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166896)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 8th, 2011 @ 12:56pm CST
Fistful of Energon wrote:

I am not saying that MMC are not working on the insecticons (they obviously are), but I am just saying other websites are saying that these particular prototypes are not MMC. Just reporting what I have seen. It does explain the strange use of decepticon symbols on a 3rd party product and the light features which they have not used before.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166914)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:36pm CST
El Duque wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Should they have the Decepticon symbol molded into the figures? That's just begging for a lawsuit.

I was a little surprised by that myself, seems like a bad idea.

Oh, thank God someone else caught that. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:

I liked the first GoW set and loved the second one, which is a good sign concerning their Devastator.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166939)
Posted by El Duque on January 8th, 2011 @ 2:51pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Fistful of Energon wrote:

I think LC might be on to something. It is starting to look like these might not from MCC. In some strange coincidence someone else may have made their own HOS Insecticons. That would explain the molded on Decepticon symbol. Odd that two separate parties would be working the same rather obscure figures.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1166965)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on January 8th, 2011 @ 3:47pm CST
El Duque wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Fistful of Energon wrote:

strange coincidence indeed if true. Either way the figures we have seen are still awesome,I would buy them! :grin:

but the whole faction symbol being molded onto the figures seem to suggest they could be the rumored college project
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1167131)
Posted by quickmixed on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:36pm CST
These look great. Im really impressed with the size too.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1167140)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 8th, 2011 @ 9:08pm CST
El Duque wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Fistful of Energon wrote:

I agree with you El. I think LC is correct. The silhouettes on MMC's page do not exactly patch up with what we are seeing here, especially with Kickback. This version is much too blocky while MMC shows him to be more sleek. The Bombshell silhouette also has small inconsistencies around the "toes" and his horn.
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1167165)
Posted by WarGraver on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:14pm CST
I hope this is indeed coincidence, just because I don't want to pay higher prices for a feature I would never use (the lights).
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1167454)
Posted by mabait1020 on January 9th, 2011 @ 4:43pm CST
this is awesome! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Images of Custom Hearts of Steel Insecticons (1167456)
Posted by El Duque on January 9th, 2011 @ 4:54pm CST
Even though it seems pretty clear these aren't the MMC project I think it's safe to say their figures will look very similar to these. Hopefully even better :D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner wars Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Kidrobot Transformers vs. GI Joe Vinyl Lot Snake Eyes, Destro, Scarlet +++" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse: Turbine Thrash Windblade Scout Class New in Package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Hasbro Pulse Exclusive Centurion Drone" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 Transformers G1 Aerialbot AIR RAID TORQUE RIFLE Weapon Nice Shape" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Figurines Megatron Optimus Prime Autobot Alpha Trion (0023)" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY