New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set

New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set

Thursday, June 9th, 2011 10:52pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,532

You may recall early last month we brought you word of a new third party toy company called Fans Want It who were working on an upgrade set for HFTD Leader Class Starscream. New images of the set have popped up an ACToys. The set named FWI-1 comes with new thrusters and a buzzsaw hand weapon. The images are mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys

Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1236946)
Posted by Rated X on June 10th, 2011 @ 12:12am CDT
Im not sold on clip on plane parts that dont work into the transformation. Im assuming in the movie those were the F-22 raptor engines on his back. If they dont somehow become part of the planes engines when transformed then it becomes less of a transformer and more of a Gundam.
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1236985)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 10th, 2011 @ 3:10am CDT
My problem with this set is that the engines fit on his back. How many people display their figures facing away from you? You wont be able to see them.

If they were more on display then I could see the point.

There is a nice round peg on his lower back that they could have been mounted to using a third mounting piece if they had wanted them closer to the middle of his back.

I do kind of like the idea of him having his engines on his back but as I said in most poses you wouldnt know they were there.
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1236994)
Posted by Mykltron on June 10th, 2011 @ 5:18am CDT
Very cool. I'm not bothered about the thrusters and the other parts: well, it's more fun to make it myself!
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237007)
Posted by rpetras on June 10th, 2011 @ 6:19am CDT
No interest.
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237018)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 10th, 2011 @ 8:03am CDT
Rated X wrote:If they dont somehow become part of the planes engines when transformed then it becomes less of a transformer and more of a Gundam.

Well with some Gundams you have to like, transform them, then add an entire torso or a leg unit, so it's not as bad here. :-)
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237022)
Posted by jaws on June 10th, 2011 @ 8:07am CDT
This could be the 2nd upgrade for my HFTD SS; the 1st was deluxe DOTM SS mechtech weapon
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237037)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 10th, 2011 @ 8:43am CDT
they had me interested while showing the prototype and now i am completely sold(as long as the price is respectible)

this will be awesome for my stopmotions if i can get the rest of what is needed to make them.
:CON:
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237065)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 10th, 2011 @ 10:08am CDT
I was really stoked about this at first. I believe it was because I had recently purchased a leader SS at discount. I have to admit, I have lost interest with the mountain of actual figures coming out of the 3rd party sector.
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237079)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on June 10th, 2011 @ 10:31am CDT
one thing springs to mind.
vehicle mode?
still, looks cool.
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237204)
Posted by Flashwave on June 10th, 2011 @ 1:00pm CDT
Is it sad my first thoughts were "Hmm, I wonder if it'll fit my needs for an airplane engine for a model train project"? I'm thinking I can find other figures for rocket boosters, but Starscream, No.
Re: New Images of FWI-1 Upgrade Set (1237337)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 10th, 2011 @ 3:46pm CDT
well those blue plumes of exaust look like projectiles, so... they might turn into underwing guns.
Plus, you can flatten the tail wings, extend the main wings, and then atatch those (possibly missile firing) engines under the wings, so there's your stealth mode for leader starscream!
anyone else gonna try that?
I AM!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chase the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Robots in Disguise 12" Titan Heroes Steeljaw Epic Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides G1 Transformers Optimus Prime 1:32 Diecast Car NEW!" on EBAY