New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift

New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift

Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 3:17am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 52,644

An auction over at Taobao offers up some new images of an anticipated Deluxe Class figure. It's from the Generations toy line, and it's the figure for IDW's Transformers Comics posterboy, Drift. The Autobot is a white race car, and has a robot mode with samurai aesthetics. Drift's armed with three different blades. primed to slay all his Decepticon foes. Check out the pictures below, courtesy of TFClub.com!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): TFClub

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 4:03am CDT

Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071032)
Posted by vegetacron on May 5th, 2010 @ 3:24am CDT
This guy looks pretty wicked. I'd buy'm, but why is he so hated?
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071035)
Posted by Diem on May 5th, 2010 @ 3:30am CDT
vegetacron wrote:This guy looks pretty wicked. I'd buy'm, but why is he so hated?

Before he was released the folks at IDW kept saying about how he was going to be a very important character and Transformers' answer to Wolverine. The hatred mostly stems from a) a new character being prioritised over both existing popular characters or existing obscure characters who would've fit the bill and b) the fact that he seemed like a terrible fanboy wish-fufillment character what with being a badass ninja street-racer who Kup loves.

I've not read the comics myself but apparently he's better than he sounds.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071039)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 5th, 2010 @ 3:41am CDT
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071041)
Posted by Diem on May 5th, 2010 @ 3:47am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:This is one example where I really don't care about the background of the character. The figure/the toy is just very nice looking, and that is the only reason I want it.

Agreed. The figure is good, if kibbley (not sure what's going on with his chest but hey, whatever) and I have no real connection to the character for good or for bad.

I do like the stylized Kanji and the whole rice-rocket thing going on. It's pretty rare to see a TF like that.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071042)
Posted by Seibertron on May 5th, 2010 @ 3:51am CDT
What's the URL to the auction?
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071044)
Posted by Blurrz on May 5th, 2010 @ 4:04am CDT
Updated the news post with the new linky.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071058)
Posted by --B-- on May 5th, 2010 @ 6:08am CDT
Buy on sight.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071063)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 5th, 2010 @ 6:24am CDT
Man, I can't wait for this guy to come on out soo soon. Now all they need to do is release Sunstorm and then I can team Drift AND Sunstorm together to form the Cybertronian Haters Club Coalition!! :twisted:
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071068)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 5th, 2010 @ 6:38am CDT
Eh, these actual toy pics don't look too good, I just wait for the Blurr repaint.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071071)
Posted by DTR69 on May 5th, 2010 @ 6:42am CDT
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071072)
Posted by Amelie on May 5th, 2010 @ 6:44am CDT
The red wapanese ruins it for me. Would spirits wash it off? :-?
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071077)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:04am CDT
Botmode is pretty darn comic accurate. I'll buy it, maybe twice.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071080)
Posted by Prowl1529 on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:11am CDT
I don't hate him i just think he dosen't fit whit the others in the Universe/Henkei line. But i will definatly buy it!
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071081)
Posted by ang3l3s on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:11am CDT
Bought on site!!
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071083)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:13am CDT
Nice. I'll get him when he comes out.
I still am not seeing Blurr for the repaint with this guy but whatever..
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071085)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:23am CDT
He looks cool. I'm getting him.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071086)
Posted by heltskelt on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:25am CDT
DTR69 wrote:A bit disapointed meself, I was hoping to be wowed. To be honest I'm a bit disapointed with sideswipe prowl and most of the cars from classics/universe/generations. Ratchet and Ironhide are really impressive though.

Are you sure you don't have that backwards?
If Prowl and Sideswipe disappointed you while Ratchet and Ironhide wowed you, i guess you wanted angular panel gaps along Drift's sides. ;)
I've never read a comic with Drift in it, but this figure looks like an appropriate interpretation of the character in Earth-mode.
I'll definitely get him on aesthetics alone.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071088)
Posted by Amelie on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:28am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:I still am not seeing Blurr for the repaint with this guy but whatever..

I agree with Blurrz. I can see both Blurr and Arcee in this mold. I wish I'd got into Classics\Universe\Henkei\Generations at the time, but it's too late for that now.

Althogh an Arcee would definately tempt me into getting the mold.
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071092)
Posted by dragons on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:50am CDT
Re: New Images of Generations Deluxe Drift (1071093)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:52am CDT
dragons wrote:hmmmmm... what would takara do if they got hold of this guy what can they chrome but his weapons and maybe his hubcaps.?

That would pretty freakin' awesome!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Action Figures - Powerglide - Leadfoot - Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBEATRON WFC-05 SCRAPFACE from Japan" on EBAY